NG+ Trophies

fbdbh

Awesome! I haven't started the game yet, but I'll take any excuse to play this game more than I would have. :D I keep hoping they do something similar with Uncharted 4 and add a Brutal difficulty mode which is harder and disables cheats. I think it's pretty cool when developers add trophies like these to extend the lifetime of a game. They are far superior to multiplayer trophies.

• Like 2

i don't get it if i play a new game on ultra hard how will i still have the shield weaver outfit?  wouldn't a new game start from scratch?  I have no problem beating the game on ultra hard mode however i really don't care to play through an entire game for two silver trophies.  i will do it though.  They should have just had ultra hard mode from the beginning.   i would imagine some of those machines will be a bitch on ultra hard mode.

29 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Awesome! I haven't started the game yet, but I'll take any excuse to play this game more than I would have. :D I keep hoping they do something similar with Uncharted 4 and add a Brutal difficulty mode which is harder and disables cheats. I think it's pretty cool when developers add trophies like these to extend the lifetime of a game. They are far superior to multiplayer trophies.

Considering the utter bull shit that was Survival mode, I hope they leave uncharted 4 alone. But to each his own I guess. 

3 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

i don't get it if i play a new game on ultra hard how will i still have the shield weaver outfit?  wouldn't a new game start from scratch?  I have no problem beating the game on ultra hard mode however i really don't care to play through an entire game for two silver trophies.  i will do it though.  They should have just had ultra hard mode from the beginning.   i would imagine some of those machines will be a bitch on ultra hard mode.

Just started a new game on ultra hard. Can confirm that shield weaver carries over. I got to keep all weapons, even those that were not equiped. I also have all potions, ammo, resources, and mods. It literally brings over you full inventory and level/skills.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Venocide said:

They removed the prologue from NG+ so you'll start as adult Aloy right from the get go. 

I was wondering about that. I was thinking after you got through the prologue then you would get all your equipment back. That's cool you start as adult alloy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caiosuperhiperat said:

I'm just wondering if I wait for the Frozen Wilds to come out to attempt new game plus on the hardest difficult, or if I start it right now. Im glad for this free DLC anyway, it is another excuse to play Horizon Zero Dawn again.

I suggest you wait, as you can't switch back from ultra difficulty.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

That's the thing, it's not a New Game, it's a New Game+, the "+" means that you start up a new game but retain stuff from your completed save file, in this case all your weapons, EXP, items and stuff like that, it's usually found in RPGs and it's not a new concept.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

When did Uncharted 4 add Brutal Mode? That was only the remastered trilogy. As far as the Horizon Trophies go, Could you go from a save in normal difficulty to new game+ on Ultra hard? If so seems doable 

2 hours ago, Skalesandfang101 said:

Nice they added these trophies but totally pass on this, found one playthrough boring enough. 

What? You must have terrible taste in games if you found this game boring.

33 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

Ugh, taking away my 100% to try and force me to play this mediocre game more :(

It's not a "mediocre game" this is a game of the year quality game. I have no earthly idea how you can feel otherwise. I really do not. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It's not a "mediocre game" this is a game of the year quality game. I have no earthly idea how you can feel otherwise. I really do not. 

I feel otherwise because it's a game that disappointed me and quickly became a do just enough to get the trophies and then move on kind of game for me.

Was expecting a game on the level of TLOU, but it felt more like a re-skinned Far Cry Primal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

I feel otherwise because it's a game that disappointed me and quickly became a do just enough to get the trophies and then move on kind of game for me.

Was expecting a game on the level of TLOU, but it felt more like a re-skinned Far Cry Primal.

Im sorry you feel that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kapika96 said:

It really wasn't, you shouldn't have expected Last of Us, it's a god damn RPG. Clearly that's why you were disappointed, you somehow convinced yourself that this was supposed to be the last of us (which is not a connection I could even see anyone making) it's a beautiful open world game, with a great story actually, that quite frankly is better than Primal (another game that makes absolutely no sense to compare it too) and I enjoyed both of them. Clearly the awesomeness was lost of you.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, m_h2110 said:

If anyone has problems starting a NG+ from the starting screen or doesn't know how to start a NG+, you have to continue your old file first. Then you go into the menu, choose "Create New Game+ Loadout" and accept. Now you can return to the main menu and you're ready to play NG+. Just in case if someone's asking.

Proof that not all heroes wear capes. ? Timmy the trophy turtle approves ?

• Like 1

Sucks for the guy who got all the trophies in under a day.

Otherwise this is pretty doable. Though I don't know if a lot of people will go after these.

This is like how Yacht Club Games just put out two trophies for both their DLC packs in Shovel Knight. You technically are going for *two* more platinums if you're going to get all the feats done. It's a royal pain in the ass because the feats required are more difficult to pull off than the ones in the base game.

Guerilla Games is coming out with DLC trophies that are supposedly more difficult. In the base game you could play on Easy difficulty and from what I've heard about this game, you can pretty much slaughter through most enemies in Horizon Zero Dawn provided you had the gear.

Strange that a lot of DLC content coming out lately is more difficult than the base game.

Maybe Guerrilla Games is preparing players for the Frozen Wilds expansion, which may or may not be more difficult than the original game.

15 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

at least a gold trophy...

At this point I think we might as well accept that the people who assign the trophy grades either have no idea what will actually be hard to earn or just enjoy trolling us by making the most daunting trophies bronze or silver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It really wasn't, you shouldn't have expected Last of Us, it's a god damn RPG. Clearly that's why you were disappointed, you somehow convinced yourself that this was supposed to be the last of us (which is not a connection I could even see anyone making) it's a beautiful open world game, with a great story actually, that quite frankly is better than Primal (another game that makes absolutely no sense to compare it too) and I enjoyed both of them. Clearly the awesomeness was lost of you.

I wasn't expecting it to be like TLOU, rather a similar level of quality. Ya know, the kind of game that you just can't help but think "wow, this is awesome" while playing it and that just didn't happen for me.

4 minutes ago, rdhight said:

At this point I think we might as well accept that the people who assign the trophy grades either have no idea what will actually be hard to earn or just enjoy trolling us by making the most daunting trophies bronze or silver.

Yeah, reminds me of the Nioh DLC. A full play through of the base game, and the DLC on Go Fuck Yourself Difficulty, and all for a bronze. 

To those that are wondering, no the game is not that much worse on Ultra Hard. At least if you are just running the campaign on new game plus. You die in 3 to 4 hits, but the shield armor comes in real handy. Stealth is near useless as they will see you almost instantly, and all but the weakest robots have enough health to survive a sneak attack. That said you can skip almost every fight. Most of the required encounters are against humans, which are a lot easier. You have to fight one thunderjaw, but you have help for it. You can run away from the Stormbird on the mountain. Corrupters and Deathbringers are still super weak to fire, so they are not that bad. Also you can combat roll out of attacks really easy on them. Stalkers suck, but you can sneak by most of them. Am about to do the final mission, and so far have not had any trouble at all getting things done, so no reason to worry about it being to bad.