frowning upon some trophy hunters

melodicmizery

Depends what your goal is.if you need ranking and lvl up fast you not gonna play star ocean/earth defence or games that take too long 1230 points is mainly what they're after I guess.

Games like mayo massagy and nubla are fine but does not match a game like gow or uncharted in terms of fun and gameplay.

Anyways its like Bob Marley said live and let live

12 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Also, he's complaining about people stacking trophy lists to get easy plats multiple times, yet he platted Goat Simulator on both PS3 and PS4 on the same day...

I think though, what he meant to say is that because high ranking trophy hunters play shit games, then he has too as well.

He's probably trying to catch up with these guys playing games like Goat Simulator and then resenting the fact that even after playing Goat Simulator, he has to play other shit games, just to make even. Sadly it's a never ending battle, it's pay to win at this point, also if you don't have employment and all the time in the world you're obviously gonna have an advantage. We're also at the point where you could play with 2 other people, one on PS4, one on PS3 and another on Vita, all playing games simulatenously. 3 times the speed, in theory.

To the original OP. Just give up, is my advice. And enjoy games and just focus on your own list, who cares about what other people do.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I think though, what he meant to say is that because high ranking trophy hunters play shit games, then he has too as well.

He's probably trying to catch up with these guys playing games like Goat Simulator and then resenting the fact that even after playing Goat Simulator, he has to play other shit games, just to make even. Sadly it's a never ending battle, it's pay to win at this point, also if you don't have employment and all the time in the world you're obviously gonna have an advantage. We're also at the point where you could play with 2 other people, one on PS4, one on PS3 and another on Vita, all playing games simulatenously. 3 times the speed, in theory.

To the original OP. Just give up, is my advice. And enjoy games and just focus on your own list, who cares about what other people do.

My advice to anyone here is if you're not in the top 100 or whatever and really want to make the cut, you have to dedicate around 10 - 20 hours a day average going after trophies.

It's NOT worth it.

I'm pretty convinced some of these people actually have others help them with trophies. I don't necessarily mean boosting or game sharing (or even paying someone to get trophies for you), but having two - three people all getting access to the same account, to go after trophies. That is disgusting.

And it's sad.

Obviously we both know that if you don't have a job and have all the time in the world, you have a big advantage as opposed to somebody who works two jobs, goes to school and has a wife/husband and kids. Should that person be discouraged from trophy hunting? No, not at all.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CjShai said:

My Name is Mayo, Mr Massagy, Hitmann Go, Lara Croft Go.............. cmon 

You are so close to joining our side leave the trials behind ....... 1f61c.png

I'd say since it's a new account, there's nothing wrong with him trying to get some momentum going by doing easy platinums. You kinda looked past the fact that he's already done Super Meat Boy on his account and since I'm aware of who the account used to be, I'm sure there's more to come hahahaha. 

• Like 2

On 12/07/2017 at 5:03 AM, fisty123 said:

I think this topic has slightly gone off track since I last viewed it, no where in the gaming book of rules does it say real gamers play hard games, just take a look at some of the top playing games over the past twelve months Uncharted and FFXV are rather high and guess what both of these were an easy trophy list. Slight grind on FFXV but still easy when you place it out of 10 for difficulty there was even a mode where you will always revive every time you died , are we too say everyone who played these games are not "real gamers" because its plat is an easier one.

A lot of indie games are short but some of them are really well done I would rather support their work and unlock trophies at the same time then not support it just because these trophies will increase my trophy rarity levels.

I won't lie I went through a trophy whore stage with VNs and easy games but most of these are linked to some sort of trophy competition on this site or other gaming sites, And while playing some of these easy games I found some great games with a good story or great gameplay.

Take Blackwood for instance Crossing with a guide its around an hour plat but the story of this game was really well done. I would gladly buy and stack it twice to support the devs of this game. Which has a second trophy list and I have brought it twice.

Well, being a trophy whore doesn't make you a real gamer either. Like I said, I'm not necessarily concerned about what people do with their trophy list, I just don't have it in me to respect a list that has more platinums than ultra rare trophies, I prefer to see quality over quantity if someone wants me to take their trophy list seriously. 100% completion with 100 VNs isn't impressive compared to having 100% completion with a lot of ultra rare trophies. Anyone is free to enjoy games however they like, I have done mostly trophies that I may consider as easy and some of the games have been fun, but I vowed recently to never play easy games simply for trophies, the game would also have to interest me. I've been a member of a Facebook group for around 4 years that is trophy-oriented and a lot of the people there have been complaining about 1000 Top Rated being delisted and people in the group have been game sharing it to each other to try to platinum it, they're going to those lengths just to get an easy platinum added to their trophy list. I'm sure a lot of trophy hunters kind of do it so other people look at their list and think "good work" and I've known people who have friends that aren't really into trophies who would show off their 90% piss easy list to them and their friends act shocked and call them a pro and shit. The most recent example of that would be terrible trophy lists that I saw that were subject to interviews by a South African website, one of the introductory questions was "Do you have any tips for noobs (like us)?" when those lists also consisted of VNs/easy trophies. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Well, being a trophy whore doesn't make you a real gamer either. Like I said, I'm not necessarily concerned about what people do with their trophy list, I just don't have it in me to respect a list that has more platinums than ultra rare trophies, I prefer to see quality over quantity if someone wants me to take their trophy list seriously. 100% completion is 100 VNs isn't impressive compared to having 100% completion with a lot of ultra rare trophies. Anyone is free to enjoy games however they like, I have done mostly trophies that I may consider as easy and some of the games have been fun, but I vowed recently to never play easy games simply for trophies, the game would also have to interest me. I've been a member of a Facebook group for around 4 years that is trophy-oriented and a lot of the people there have been complaining about 1000 Top Rated being delisted and people in the group have been game sharing it to each other to try to platinum it, they're going to those lengths just to get an easy platinum added to their trophy list. I'm sure a lot of trophy huners kind of do it so other people look at their list and think "good work" and I've known people who have friends that aren't really into trophies who would show off their 90% piss easy list to them and their friends act shocked and call them a pro and shit. The most recent example of that would be terrible trophy lists that I saw that were subject to interviews by a South African website, one of the introductory questions was "Do you have any tips for noobs (like us)?" when those lists also consisted of VNs/easy trophies. 

Take a look at Super Time Force Ultra that game was short and not that hard really, but because 81,000+ players have played it due to being a free plus game the plat it is sitting at 2.81% and there are many games that are not as popular that are easy but due to not everyone going for the trophies some of are sitting as Ultra Rare. So that's fine because  in your view its an ultra rare even if the game was easy.

Then there is the online trophies so many gamers have Ultra Rare trophies that are online and most of them are easy but require either boosting or the severs have shut down. You have respect for these gamers just becasue they joined an online match 100 times, some even use turbo controllers to get it done but that is ok too because it is an Ultra Rare trophy.

What about gamers who play VN's legit there are many English VN's out there now with trophies and it has a large market, I enjoy reading them more on PC then console but If I start one on a console I am not going to treat it like I would a PC version and that is view all endings, get all extra and so on. I will read every line and some of these can be 100 hours+ with most being 50+ hours anyone that sticks to a game for 100+ hours should earn a trophy its a lot harder to stick to a game and view all endings that joining an online game and tapping x while the second player stands there for a trophy.
I could also be a 100% gamer that plays all easy non plat games but because my rare trophies are higher then the plat trophies this would earn your respect. Interesting thought process

What I am trying to point out is that the Ultra Rare system has many weak points, not all Ultra Rare trophies are hard or deserving of an Ultra Rare. So just judging a gamers respect on that count is a bit harsh but each to their own

Back on the main topic the PlayStation system gives you points for the amount of trophies earned and their leaderboard structure is similar to this but even worse as a lot more cheaters are sitting on level 100+. All I can say is Welcome to life people with more money or free time always get the rewards it is not always fair or we don't like it but we deal with it and move on.

Same as the people sitting in the top 100 on this site, I know a few of them and I can tell you they put in the effort to get where they are sometimes playing multiple consoles at once to get there, most of the ones I know now are going against each other for the most PlayStation points.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I prefer to see quality over quantity

that's true.

14 minutes ago, Sergen said:

00% completion with 100 VNs isn't impressive compared to having 100% completion with a lot of ultra rare trophies

Yeah, but if you really enjoy play Visual novel, I dont see wrong with have 3 or more. I love Visual Novel before I become a trophy hunter and I will no let up play VN because is a simple platinum, of course people with 30 VN without english subtitle and 30 min obvious they dont count.

• Like 1

Personally, I play a lot of PSN titles. :S I got almost as many plats as PSN 100%s. xD Not all that into many of these big budget games and the PSN titles are often pretty cheap. How much time they take compared to the amount of trophies they give isn't great if you want to get a higher PSN level, and combine this with not getting plats, and I think you'll find that many finds them off putting. I don't care. I like playing many of these games. I like a lot of variety and certain genres that generally doesn't get big budget titles.

I do however play some garbage games too, or even some games for quick and easy trophies. I enjoy playing some of the garbage, and sometimes I do it for milestone purposes, like Hannah Montana for 100th or Barbie for 200th etc. :) I do however not spend a lot of money on these quick and easy games, it's the kind of stuff I do if I get them dirt cheap or PS+ etc. ;p

I wouldn't be too bothered about the "top profiles" and their amount of easy games. There's just so many easy games that if you play most games, you'll generally not end up playing mostly hard games. I would look at the games they've actually done, the trophies they've actually earned, is there anything worthwhile there, or is it all just easy trophies? I don't care how many easy games you got if you got some difficult to earn trophies, that is what I'm going to judge your trophies by. Also, some of these "top profiles" are team accounts, several people playing on them, you often find them paying people to play games for them, and there's been several examples of some "top profiles" getting caught cheating too. What I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't really pay too much attention to them. They are not really playing on the same field as you and their goals are not the same as yours.

Edited by MMDE

3 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Take a look at Super Time Force Ultra that game was short and not that hard really, but because it 81,000+ players have played due to being a free plus game the plat it is sitting at 2.81% and there are many games that are not as popular that are easy but due to not everyone going for the trophies some of are sitting as Ultra Rare. So that's fine because  in your view its an ultra rare even if the game was easy.

Then there is the online trophies so many gamers have Ultra Rare trophies that are online and most of them are easy but require either boosting or the severs have shut down. You have respect for these gamers just becasue they joined an online match 100 times, some even use turbo controllers to get it done but that is ok too because it is an Ultra Rare trophy.

What about gamers who play VN's legit there are many English VN's out there now with trophies and it has a large market, I enjoy reading them more on PC then console but If I start one on a console I am not going to treat it like I would a PC version and that is view all endings, get all extra and so on. I will read every line and some of these can be 100 hours+ with most being 50+ hours anyone that sticks to a game for 100+ hours should earn a trophy its a lot harder to stick to a game and view all endings that joining an online game and tapping x while the second player stands there for a trophy.
I could also be a 100% gamer that plays all easy non plat games but because my rare trophies are higher then the plat trophies this would earn your respect. Interesting thought process

What I am trying to point out is that the Ultra Rare system has many weak points, not all Ultra Rare trophies are hard or deserving of an Ultra Rare. So just judging a gamers respect on that count is a bit harsh but each to their own

Back on the main topic the PlayStation system gives you points for the amount of trophies earned and their leaderboard structure is similar to this but even worse as a lot more cheaters are sitting on level 100+. All I can say is Welcome to life people with more money or free time always get the rewards it is not always fair or we don't like it but we deal with it and move on.

Same as the people sitting in the top 100 on this site, I know a few of them and I can tell you they put in the effort to get where they are sometimes playing multiple consoles at once to get there, most of the ones I know now are going against each other for the most PlayStation points.

Most people I see with a lot of VNs also have a 20 minute to 1 hour time stamp for it, I doubt they could read and absorb all the information within that time. I did mention in the previous post that ultra rare trophies don't always mean difficult, but it's a better way of determining a trophy list's worth compared to someone having 300 plats and 0 ultra rare trophies with 100% completion rate putting in their about me "Do you even 100% bro?", like it's a badge of honour, yes I've seen an account who did that once. 

Some people will inevitably gain ultra rare trophies without much effort, however seeking them and doing them is something that hardly any other people who play that game would do so they're at least going out of their way sometimes to get the trophy. People really test their patience by enduring shitty online grinds, although there's no difficulty it does take some degree of will to get them done and I have more respect for someone who grinds for 50 hours for one trophy than someone who skips 50 hours of VNs to get 50 new plats. 

At this point, having a high trophy count doesn't mean anything because of the hundreds of games like Megamind and the VNs from Japan. For myself, I never really thought of goals like "I'm gonna get in the top 1000 in the UK" or whatnot, I just sometimes try to get the fastest time for various games. The person who made the thread was trying to blame people for stacking trophies, so I provided my argument regarding that but I also mentioned that as a way of determining how I would rate a trophy list upon first glance, I normally compare the number of ultra rare trophies they have compared to the number of platinums they have. There aren't 100 very short and simple ultra rare platinums, but there are that many piss easy VNs and kids games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I'd say since it's a new account, there's nothing wrong with him trying to get some momentum going by doing easy platinums. You kinda looked past the fact that he's already done Super Meat Boy on his account and since I'm aware of who the account used to be, I'm sure there's more to come hahahaha. 

Of course no disrespect intended to @DarkSamuraii-. I look forward to following the progress of this mysterious trophy hunter 

46 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

. Slight grind on FFXV but still easy when you place it out of 10 for difficulty there was even a mode where you will always revive every time you died , are we too say everyone who played these games are not "real gamers" because its plat is an easier one.

Interesting point, perhaps anyone who hasn't stacked FFXV could be consider a casual ?

17 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Let's not expose to many secrets ..............

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

As well as working together like the people on imports :P

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Most people I see with a lot of VNs also have a 20 minute to 1 hour time stamp for it, I doubt they could read and absorb all the information within that time. I did mention in the previous post that ultra rare trophies don't always mean difficult, but it's a better way of determining a trophy list's worth compared to someone having 300 plats and 0 ultra rare trophies with 100% completion rate putting in their about me "Do you even 100% bro?", like it's a badge of honour, yes I've seen an account who did that once. 

Some people will inevitably gain ultra rare trophies without much effort, however seeking them and doing them is something that hardly any other people who play that game would do so they're at least going out of their way sometimes to get the trophy. People really test their patience by enduring shitty online grinds, although there's no difficulty it does take some degree of will to get them done and I have more respect for someone who grinds for 50 hours for one trophy than someone who skips 50 hours of VNs to get 50 new plats. 

At this point, having a high trophy count doesn't mean anything because of the hundreds of games like Megamind and the VNs from Japan. For myself, I never really thought of goals like "I'm gonna get in the top 1000 in the UK" or whatnot, I just sometimes try to get the fastest time for various games. The person who made the thread was trying to blame people for stacking trophies, so I provided my argument regarding that but I also mentioned that as a way of determining how I would rate a trophy list upon first glance, I normally compare the number of ultra rare trophies they have compared to the number of platinums they have. There aren't 100 very short and simple ultra rare platinums, but there are that many piss easy VNs and kids games. 

The funnest part about this after I took a lot the rank number 1 on the leaderboards, they have more ultra rare trophies then platinum trophies.

I long gave up the quest for 100% too many online severs no longer active and so on, My personal goal is to stay above 80% with the aim of getting under 1,000 unearned trophies, I was getting there but in the past 8 months I started taking on way too many games.

The do you even 100% bro is a bit much so I can agree with you on that one and I also am not a fan of people paying others to unlock trophies for them which I know happens a lot, But your right a high trophy count has lost its fame over the years however some gamers can still hold their heads high on that front just not as many as it use to be.

With the stacking comments as mentioned when I first posted on this topic, if you love a game and want to play it again and it has a second list I will show support and buy it, I am not going to buy it and not stack it.
A game which falls into this category for me is Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, the game is 100hours long even with a guide, it also has multiple mini endings which are not linked to trophies, I wanted to view another 2 of these endings as you have to pass the game twice to get the plat. If I am going to play it again and the option for trophies is there I do not see why I would pass on it. The plat for this game is sitting on the low end of the Ultra Rare status for both EU and NA so I take pride that I unlocked this plat twice.

10 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Interesting point, perhaps anyone who hasn't stacked FFXV could be consider a casual 1f61c.png

We have been over this already.... So that's enough out of you, ...... I was close to stacking this game but the fishing and dull side quests keep putting me off.

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

As well as working together like the people on imports :P

As above "That's enough out of you" ? besides I and others joined imports as the community is rather good and they had some amazing guides for when I was doing the VN days, some nice trophy comps as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

As above "That's enough out of you" 1f606.png besides I and others joined imports as the community is rather good and they had some amazing guides for when I was doing the VN days, some nice trophy comps as well.

Lol, I am not having a dig, as you know I love me a good VN or 12. My only handicap is having one Vita but once I have finished teaching my dog how to play I will pick up another one. ?

Now back to patting this bear's head ............

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

I don't personally take it as degrading for the rest of us, because it's sort of a "cheap way out" per se, but in retrospect they aren't hurting anyone. The ones that bother me just a bit are the ones with glitched or hacked Platinums that boast about them. I've run into a few people like that, I don't exactly agree with your first point but I appreciate where you're coming from. The part where I do agree with you is where you mentioned that after a certain amount of Platinums you had less of that "rush". I'm almost at 40 Plats and besides the occasional little "yes!" from getting a Plat, I don't feel that way anymore. I stopped feeling that way after my 19th Plat which was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. That Plat made me feel so accomplished and satisfied but also drained. After that, the hardest trophy I got was "The Shadows Rushed" in Max Payne 3, and it gave me that same feeling, but I haven't had that feeling ever since. I guess it's because I won't feel that rush until I Plat another stupid hard game. I feel like I'm rambling at this point though, so I'll be quiet :P

Just play what you want to play. I play all kind of games some hard some easy but if i had fun i dont really care what i played. Sometimes after playing 100+ hours in persona 5 not seeing a trophy for days you kind of just want to see them all pop real fast by playing another fast game. 

Ah glitchy/bugged trophies.. I done one of these many years ago and it was by mistake actually I had to jump online and look around as to what happened all these trophies from the game started to unlock by themselves, I went into a panic mode as I was hooked on trophy leaderboards on other sites. Someone did tried to report me but after was able to prove innocent with some evidence 

I even went as far as doing most of the requirements for the trophies and having photo proof if it was needed. Ahh the good old days.

My pet hate is using another person's save file to earn trophies which took place a fair bit and still does. Never been a fan of it. 

4 minutes ago, danceflick said:

Just play what you want to play. I play all kind of games some hard some easy but if i had fun i dont really care what i played. Sometimes after playing 100+ hours in persona 5 not seeing a trophy for days you kind of just want to see them all pop real fast by playing another fast game. 

This is so true, its an odd feeling but I get this a fair bit. I normally play a handful of long games in a row and as you mentioned some involve a long time or heavy grinding between trophies. At first you think its all good but after a few months it starts to get to you. It really does.

Edited by fisty123

To me its no different than boosting.  What satisfaction does a person get out of shooting someone 200 times who is just standing there so they can say they got the platinum on some game.  in the end the only person who gives a shit about your trophy list is you,  Why cheat yourself.  Its like cheating in golf.  just because you shaved 10 shots off your score it doesn't make your score what you say it is.  It is what it is.   All my platinums are 100% legit i have never boosted kills to get a trophy. I like going for platinums because it opens up a more challenging aspect to the games.  I can honestly say I was mediocre at Battlefront until I beat all the levels on master difficulty and then when I went back and played multiplayer I always finished in the top 3 or 4 places winning many matches.  Playing master made me get better at landing headshots.  these people that go for 300 easy plats when they do play a hard game or something with multiplayer they just boost it.  It really don't bother me at all I just think its sort of a joke.  Earn your trophies.  then you have the people that share play.  There is a guy on here who wants someone to share play dig dug.  Lol.  i was looking at his profile he hadn't even started the game yet.   If you can't get the trophy yourself you don't deserve it.  Airborne cannons, the gauntlet from titan fall, mile high club modern warfare remastered.  Etc.  I havn't finished the gauntlet.   I play it for awhile and get sick of it and don't pick it up for two months and its like starting over.  It's one of the few I can't seem to get.  I'm not going to ask someone to do it for me. 

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I agree. What's the point of ruining your enjoyment of gaming by playing terrible games just for a chance to be on a leaderboard. I personally wouldn't pay money for and spend my free time playing crappy games.

An interesting topic.  Like many have said, plat'ing a game multiple times isn't necessarily a bad thing if the player enjoys it.  Personally I had great fun replaying the Uncharted trilogy on PS4 as well as a handful of others that I enjoyed.  I could see myself playing through the Witcher 3 at some point in the future and getting a second set of trophies would just be a bonus.  I'm also guilty (if that's the right word) of playing some of these easy plats - some I did enjoy, whilst some I didn't and felt a bit crap for even bothering to finish.  

I do, however, have a growing concern with this new breed of game (Mayo, 1000 Top Rated, Nubla, etc.).  I don't really care if people play them - nobody should say what games are good or bad as everybody has their own taste - but I do feel that we (trophy hunters) are just being exploited by these specific types of game.  My fear is that PlayStation themselves know that by sticking a plat on these crappy games, they can make a quick buck - especially when there are plenty of better, more justifiable games that don't have a plat (i.e. Hitman).  It's not inconceivable that the PS store could see an influx of these type of sub par games and end up looking like the app store.

At the end of the day, just play the games that you want to play.  Who cares what strangers think of your profile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

As above "That's enough out of you" 1f606.png besides I and others joined imports as the community is rather good and they had some amazing guides for when I was doing the VN days, some nice trophy comps as well.

I can agree with you there that they do have good guides and what I can see from being a standard member, they do have a good, tight-knit community.

As long as you enjoy what you're doing that's all that matters.

I know what the OP is getting at, I don't understand why people play appalling games solely because the platinum is fast and easy to get and then in some cases playing it on a different platform again. I also don't like auto-popping of games like Sound Shapes where all trophies have been achieved in 5 seconds, but that's my mindset and just an opinion.

But then there's people like me who are completionists (at present). I played Demons Souls and missed the Pure Darkmoonstone on my first playthrough after running out of Crystal Lizards. So I played the game a further 10 or more hours to get back to 4-3 on New Game, I didn't enjoy this playthrough and I was glad when it was over, but it got me the platinum. The point? Here I am saying I don't know why people play games they don't enjoy for trophies when here I am playing a game I no longer enjoy for trophies. It's very easy to be a hypocrite on this topic.

Edited by FawltyPowers