frowning upon some trophy hunters

melodicmizery

I've never understood why people have fascinations with other peoples trophy lists. If someone likes a game, what is it to you? (Not pointing at anyone) It's all down to personal preference and it's the same with everything in life. I mean, I watched the original Mad Max for the first time last night and loved it. Doesn't mean others will and thats up to them. It doesn't effect my life if they enjoyed it or not.

I agree the further you go up, the cheaper they get. Not completely though, you see more cheap ones but you also see some pretty difficult ones to. I tell you though. I'm currently hovering around 3k leaderboards wise and I won't get be doing the multi-region stuff. If I was to do it. It would be for Final Fantasy XV when they've finally finished everything. I do have multi-plats but I wouldn't call them cheap. Maybe Sound Shapes and Motorstorm cause they were cloud saved popped but playing them games once is enough.

Same thing goes for VN. The only two I have are the ones offered on PS plus. There's no way I could sit here for hours skipping all of them just to earn plats. That is boorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Edited by Meacham
  • Like 3

I think going through Orc Slayer twice is more impressive than platting SMB. 

Seriously though, the level of determination it takes to redo some of these games is truly remarkable and hats off to the top dogs that go through that grind.

You may argue the fact its not enjoyable, and you may be right, but its what it takes to be the best and i can assure you thats where their joy lies.

• Like 2

I try not to double up, I feel it would devalue the whole thing for me. The only game off the top of my head that's on my profile twice is Skyrim. Because it was a mess on the PS3 when I played it so I gave up on it, that was until the PS4 version popped up.

But hey to each their own, whatever floats your boat, different strokes for different folks.... or something in that vein.

• Like 1

as far as gaming is concerned, gonna echo the "play what you like, how you like, when you like, with whoever you like for whatever reasons you choose and let others do the same" sentiment...not much else needs to be said in terms of where I stand on it...

if anyone is making a living, getting sponsored by a dev, maintaining life support, etc. by earning trophies I could understand why they would want to earn as many simple trophies as possible or force themselves to play stuff they wouldn't otherwise...regardless, it's their decision and I stand by the above statement...life is short and I understand the instinct of wanting to compare oneself to others or be competitive but, in the end, I hope that everyone's real life is at least as satisfying or impressive as their trophy list...if not, perhaps it's time to put down the controller and consider having a look at personal evolution for a bit...again though, to each their own...

Edited by xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx
  • Like 1

The only game I have doubled up is Nubla and that is because I thought Nubla and World of Nubla were two very different games.

I was wrong.

I was very, very wrong ?

I don't care if people have multiple platinums from the same game. I don't care that people create more region specific accounts in order to get more trophies. I don't care what people think of my trophy collection. All I care about is enjoying a game and trying to get 100% in it, whether that will be in game completion or a platinum trophy. It is great when you climb up the global or regional ranks on this website, but at the end of the day there is no greater feeling than seeing that shiny new platinum pop for the first time. THAT is the only thing trophy hunters should be concerned about in my opinion. Everything else is just fluff.

Nothing wrong with platinum games twice. I did it many times and I throughly enjoy it. Examples are Wolfenstein New Order PS3/PS4, Far Cry 4 PS3/PS4, Sleeping Dogs PS3/PS4, I've done all the Telltale games over on PS3/PS4 and also games like Goat simulator, The entire Uncharted series etc etc. I enjoy playing these games over, If these same games came onto the PS5 and PS6 I would do it over again

And yes I do have Platinums that take many hours like Skyrim, Diablo etc etc

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

but am i the only one who think multi platting the same game in multiple regions on multiple systems for multiple easy plats is kind of lame and kind of degrades trophy hunting for us trophy hunters and also for those who arent hunters that look in at us?

thoughts?

Yes you are.I have Sound Shapes on my profile (which i regret cause the game sucked) but i also have games like Uncharted and God of War and Witcher,Dragon Age,GTA that took many hours to get 100% again.And i'm planning to re-do Skyrim and all Kingdom Hearts.I don't see why replaying a game you like is lame.You could say the same for any port from ps2 or ps1 or remaster like Crash Bandicoot

• Like 1

i stack games all the time but if u notice theres normally some time spent between them but if nothing new to what i used to do when owning a ps2/xbox back in the day where id keep trading in the systems and buying and completing the games over again. And i only stack games i enjoy. i always used to try and get everything done in games before they had trophies too, so its nothing new for me really. 

I've also completed some shovelware games too but am in no way interested in stacking them.

Edited by Leenewbe

At the end of the day, to each their own.  Whatever makes you happy.

That being said, I don't understand why anyone would collect trophies "competitively" (ie. with leaderboards or bragging rights in mind).  There's just so much glitching, exploiting, cheating, griefing and people piling on top of eachother trying to press the Easy Button.

Edited by Dreakon13

In my opinion, i never stack or double up on games or plats, i hate that i just can't stand seeing them in my profile, others do stack it's totally ok it's their account and as for easy games or hard games....i truly believe you gotta do both...like if you spent too much time and effort on a hard game i believe you gotta play an easy one just to refresh and a break from the hard ones but not to go too deep into cash grab games, i do have some but only coz i feel i would enjoy them to some extent some other easy games are a no no for me like Nubla or Orc Slayer or kids games, so yeah play hard games and easy ones preferably good easy games 

I stack easy games, so bite me :P

Though I get where you are coming from regarding these people with tons of plats or a 100% gaming profile with piss easy games. They go ahead and bash you, yet I'm like bro your games are easy as. 

3 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Also, he's complaining about people stacking trophy lists to get easy plats multiple times, yet he platted Goat Simulator on both PS3 and PS4 on the same day...

Ouch.

Edited by Combatting
  • Like 1

Part of us from the top 100 want to just stay in the top 100 so that's why we like to stack games, play VNs, craps like OPs Mayo and TOP 1000.

I don't care who plays what, you can play everything that is out there and noone should care at all.

but.. i have a feeling I should play something harder than my recent games lol

6 minutes ago, skroq said:

Part of us from the top 100 want to just stay in the top 100 so that's why we like to stack games, play VNs, craps like OPs Mayo and TOP 1000.

I don't care who plays what, you can play everything that is out there and noone should care at all.

but.. i have a feeling I should play something harder than my recent games lol

Well said. 

Off the topic: How does Oceanhorn handle on the Vita. Want to get it on the Vita instead of the PS4

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

I havent done research on it, but cant you just get a hong kong psn card? (I assume the stack is on the HK store)

You can get PSN cards on pcgamesupply.com and pay via PayPal or credit card from anywhere in the wirkdworld