frowning upon some trophy hunters

melodicmizery

18 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Well said. 

Off the topic: How does Oceanhorn handle on the Vita. Want to get it on the Vita instead of the PS4

Well, everything is nice and good, but the botfish ruined the game. Prepare youself for 1-2hour of frustration.

6 minutes ago, skroq said:

Well, everything is nice and good, but the botfish ruined the game. Prepare youself for 1-2hour of frustration.

Yeah I did read about the frustration on the botfish part. I like to do some research on the games before I buy it and mentally prepare myself for frustrating trophies. Thanks for the heads up. But nothing can prepared you for the mental rape from platinum a game like Orc Slayer or Toro xDxD

5 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

but am i the only one who think multi platting the same game in multiple regions on multiple systems for multiple easy plats is kind of lame and kind of degrades trophy hunting for us trophy hunters and also for those who arent hunters that look in at us?

Probably not. However, I don't share your view. I love multi-platting games, whether they're easy (My Name is Mayo, Sound Shapes), hard (Pier Solar), or just take a long time (Dragon Age: Inquisition).

I agree with you somewhat @melodicmizery ... when i started hunting trophies i was awed by the amount of platinum trophies on someone else's profile... now ~ 2 years later i am more impressed by the quantity and not the quality... seeing someone with 100 plats but merely easy ones (short, easy, stackable) isn't that impressing than like 10 platinum trophies of hard and/or time consuming games...

I for myself decide mostly i go for games that interests me although i keep postponing a few harder ones (hard in terms of trophies, not game overall)... sometimes they're easy as i.e. The Walking Dead and sometimes they're hard as hell like Battlefield Bad Company (haven't reached that but i am close) to mention just 2 recent games played... i have some multiplatform platinum trophies like Motorstorm RC or Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time just because they were given thx to my ps+ subscription... i have only region different plats in Sound Shapes because i don't see this as my priority in redoing easy region stuff (like Jazzpunk, Orc Slayer etc.)

But as said above me already: i do care about my list. I want to see more completed games trophy wise... everything else comes 2nd :P:D

I mostly agree though I don't really pay too much mind about what other people choose to do, it's just a passing thought. And it's more to do with me being far more impressed with someone with a small collection of tough platinums than loads of Telltale-type easy plats. But people can do what they want, doesn't affect me. I just hope that some people aren't doing it just to be on the leaderboards, cause that sounds exhausting.

5 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I do find it hard to understand the appeal of platting the same game over and over, especially when they dont like the game. But hey to each there own. I sure as hell aint impressed by those sort of profiles though.

As someone who did Demon's Souls 3 times, I can tell you that I very much enjoyed playing through all 3, and very much liked the extra bonus of getting more trophies for it at the same time. :) I would happily replay FF1-9 if they released them with trophies, it would be me playing games I love while even getting some new trophies for it. :D 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You're lumping together trophy hunters and trophy whores.

Trophy hunters get trophies because they enjoy games and generally just play the games they want to play, and get the trophies in them. 

Trophy whores just care about trophies. They don't care about the game, and just want the feeling of unlocking a plat and getting as many as possible.

Could not have said it better, well done!

• Like 2

As most have said here, let them be, they're wasting their money and it doesnt bother me at all. Although i remember when i first got my ps3 and started obtaining trophies and look at some high level profiles i used to be so amazed and hoping i would get there one day. Well these days, if i see someone with a profile level of 70+, i would rarely get amazed because as you said, all they played where these easy plat games and thats it.

4 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

I havent done research on it, but cant you just get a hong kong psn card? (I assume the stack is on the HK store)

problem is the game has a mature rating so the way they prove you are of age they require credit card...

Edited by zzJACKEDBEASTzz

9 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

The thing that bothers me is when i browse the people in the top 100, most of these people never really play any hard games really that take a long time. youll never see them playing a fallout or skyrim or something with 100 hours. they find a game thats easy, and then platinum it on vita, ps3, ps4, and then every region they can. so they will plat the same game like 6 times sometimes that only takes like a hour. that really annoys me.

Playing a game three times for three easy platinums or playing the same game three times for three difficult trophies that do not stack. Which one you do depends on your primary interest in playing games. A number-based leaderboard naturally favors the numbers. Are you sure your disappointment is with the people who play "easy" games? Isn't it rather you disagree how the leaderboard works in the first place?

I don't really care how other people choose to gain their trophies. If they want to play a bunch of easy plats and play the same game on multiple systems for multiple plats, then that's their decision. I won't lie, I'm not really going to take someone quite as seriously if their trophy list is just full of crappy games that simply have an easy platinum, but if their enjoyment in games comes from gaining achievements, no matter how easily, who am I to judge?

I personally only play games I actually want to play, but I won't lie, I tend to not really bother with games that have difficult or very time consuming platinums unless I really enjoy that game enough to attempt them. I will tend to just stick to fairly short, and fairly easy platinums.

I've accumulated a massive backlog over the years, so when I finish one decent game and don't really want to invest any more time into beyond the main story/campaign/etc. at that time, I'll just jump to the next game. Or, if I'm really not enjoying the game, I'll just drop it. I've returned to plenty of games that I've really enjoyed just because I enjoyed them enough to want to play them again, and thought I may as well go for the platinum to give myself something new and/or challenging to do while playing them again.

• Like 1

What I mainly hate is when people feel justified to degrade other people just for their pleasure. Of course we play what we play. For example, people must notice I haven't yet platinum Murdered Soul Suspect, because it's *easy*, and for what? I loved the game, platinuming a game won't change that. Everyone has their own way just as previous posts said. I tend to platinum Koei games because their my cup of tea lol. Have fun platinuming games!!!

• Like 1

Don't get why anyone would be bothered by someone else's trophy list. There's absolutely nothing wrong if someone wants to get platinum In the same game multiple times wether it's an easy plat or a hard one. Let others spend their time and money how they please. To question how they're able to play a bunch of games with easy platinums back to back just for trophies is one thing but to look down on them because of it is just scum. At the end of the day we're all gamers and trophy hunters here so we should start acting like it.