Trophy Thoughts?

So this is only 4 games? If so, why didn't they just add these to the original collection? Oh, Capcom... ? Along with the Disney Afternoon Collection, looks like they will continue to piecemeal their classics for the unforeseen future. 

Either way, a pretty unexciting trophy list. 

• Like 1

We had possibly one of the quickest and fastest platinums in existence (1000 Top Rated), easily done in less than 10 minutes if you were lucky enough to buy it when it was briefly on the Playstation Store.

Then on the other hand you have something like this which not only has no gold trophies, but no silver. If this is anything like the first collection of games (Megaman 1 - 6) as far as challenge goes then this will turn off a lot of trophy hunters, because this time around it's only bronze trophies. Going from one end of the spectrum (1000 Top Rated) to the other (Megaman Legacy Collection Vol 2). We've seen some pretty fucking ridiculous trophies these past two years.

If you don't care about trophies and loved the classic Megaman games then go ahead and buy this, because it doesn't matter either way. But it's definitely bothersome for the completionists, I'm not exactly a completionist but it's just a slap in the face because this just proves Capcom is lazy. You get one bronze trophy for getting gold on 50 challenges, yet you get bronze for getting just one gold. Where's the logic in that?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dmm121182 said:

If I was in charge of these Trophy Lists the Mega Man Legacy Collection would've had 6 Separate Platinum Trophy Lists and the Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 would've had 4 Separate Platinum Trophy Lists + DLC Trophies for Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10, and "Good Times Would Be Had By All"!

QFfaRHy.jpg

This, some Dev's can't really do nice list.....

• Like 1

I didn't even know this was coming out and I love Mega Man.. But i'm going to give this one a pass, considering I own every game in this collection.. The trophies seem very lazy and seems like it won't be very rewarding for the amount of effort you'll undoubtedly have to put into it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

We had possibly one of the quickest and fastest platinums in existence (1000 Top Rated), easily done in less than 10 minutes if you were lucky enough to buy it when it was briefly on the Playstation Store.

Then on the other hand you have something like this which not only has no gold trophies, but no silver. If this is anything like the first collection of games (Megaman 1 - 6) as far as challenge goes then this will turn off a lot of trophy hunters, because this time around it's only bronze trophies. Going from one end of the spectrum (1000 Top Rated) to the other (Megaman Legacy Collection Vol 2). We've seen some pretty fucking ridiculous trophies these past two years.

If you don't care about trophies and loved the classic Megaman games then go ahead and buy this, because it doesn't matter either way. But it's definitely bothersome for the completionists, I'm not exactly a completionist but it's just a slap in the face because this just proves Capcom is lazy. You get one bronze trophy for getting gold on 50 challenges, yet you get bronze for getting just one gold. Where's the logic in that?

Just because some games go and try to fuck up a perfectly functional system, like 100 Top Rated and Mayo, doesn't mean it's okay for others to as well. That's like saying "there are some criminals out there, so why can't we all be criminals?"

Why would a small collection of arcade games get a platinum? Granted I would've expected a separate, platinumless list for each game, but certainly not plats.

17 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

The Ps2 Megaman Ani, Collection Was fkn better then this, and the last one.. I mean, They are just Ripping people off at this point... yeah.. ok sure some may not have played the original megamans. but the Dam X collection on PS2, At least had ALL The dam games, AND 2 Fighting (Arcade) style Games that never made it here, AND Episode 1 of The Megaman cartoon..

I just shake my head at this, Its low as low gets.. (sigh) I Haven't even brought my self to Finnish 1st mm game, when i got the last collection,. what almost 2  years ago? Maybe 1.5 years ago Uuugh 

Lost Faith in both Ubisoft and capcom 

The PS2 collection was NOT that great, honestly. MM 1-6 used the shoddy Complete Works versions as a base, MM7 lacked special effects and MM8 suffered from input lag (at least on Gamecube and Xbox from what I hear.) The only benefit it has over these two are those arcade games (which I hope they rerelease someday.)

If anything, the MMLC collections should be considered good things since it means physical 9 and 10 along with better versions of 1-8 (if they don't screw up 7 and 8 in this port that is, we aren't sure about that yet) but I do think it would be better if they had Rockboard, (Planned for LC1 but removed) MM and Bass along with those arcade games. Maybe MMLC3 will have those or the GB games (if MMII's lost source code is found)

Edited by TheDreaminHawk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Just because some games go and try to fuck up a perfectly functional system, like 100 Top Rated and Mayo, doesn't mean it's okay for others to as well. That's like saying "there are some criminals out there, so why can't we all be criminals?"

Why would a small collection of arcade games get a platinum? Granted I would've expected a separate, platinumless list for each game, but certainly not plats.

Why would you fucking compare "cheap" games like Mayo and 1000 Top Rated to criminals? That makes entirely no sense.

At the end of the day I don't give a shit who plays what game as long as they didn't pay somebody to get trophies for them or outright cheat or hack. They could have a very high trophy average percentage (above 60 percent) and I couldn't care less. It's their business, not mine.

A collection is possible with a platinum, I never said this collection should or shouldn't have a platinum. What I am griping at is this just seems to be a lazy port like the Resident Evil 4 re release. People are complaining that there's nothing but bronze trophies.

But then again you can say we're whiners because we get "easy" platinums and then when someone like this comes up, we complain about it.

If you wanted this to be all fair, both the Megaman Collection Vol 1 and Vol 2 should have platinums, and 1000 Top Rated and Mayo would have the same type of trophy list as Aab's Animals. That game is possibly the easiest one in existence with trophies because you don't have to do anything, you just watch a cat for five minutes and that's it. If that had a platinum then yes, you would say that would fuck up a perfectly functional system.

The Megaman games are actual games games that take effort. I put a lot of effort in to 100 percent the first Megaman collection and I'm proud of that. At least I got some silver trophies and a gold out of it. Here in the second volume you get the same type of trophy for getting gold on 50 challenges as you would in just one challenge. If anything, this and the first collection should of deserved platinums, or at the very least, give Volume 2 a couple silver trophies and a gold. 1000 Top Rated and Mayo don't really deserve to have platinums, but it's already been said and done, and we're can't change it.

A lot of trophy lists aren't fair, but unfortunately we're just going to have to live with that.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mako-heart said:

Because they don't give a fuck about Megaman, what rock(man) have you been hiding under?

Also they'd be ugly and have shitty physics, probably.

Capcom stopped caring about Megaman a long while ago. Pretty obvious with their later iterations.

All the glitches and feel of the original games were in the Megaman Legacy Collection. It was done to make it look as authentic as possible, because everything you remembered back in the day is there. A remake would ruin that entire feeling, and that isn't what long time Megaman fans want.

• Like 1

Like the first collection, the trophy images look great! Again though, it's pretty ridiculous how this doesn't have a plat considering all of the piss poor excuses of games that do get one. I guess Capcom just doesn't care. If they were smart, they would push for a platinum since it would undoubtedly sell more. Here's hoping they combine both collections into one package and give that a platinum instead. I doubt that will happen, but you never know I guess.

And no, the lack of a platinum won't stop me buying this; I already own the first collection. I just think it's a shame is all.

• Like 1

Well, I can't speak for all gamers, but I will speak for Mega Man fans: we just want a Gosh Dang Mega Man Platinum. Don't care if the list is Mayo-easy or MM10 hard. Just a little platinum trophy named "Blue Bomber" (or "Mega Busted"). If it means we gotta clear all 10 games in 8 hrs only, take no damage or power ups, then bring it.

As for MMLC2's list, capcom could have at least followed the 315:1-4-7 model most psn games follow (1 gold for the challenges, 4 silvers for beating each game, and bronzes for other stuff).

So, a couple of points:

1. Anyone who is still deluding themselves that trophies don't matter can stop now. With a plat, I would guess that this game would sell double what it will ultimately sell. That's not much, granted, but this game hardly registers a blip anywhere.
  2. A more pressing question - why didn't Capcom just include Mega Mans 1-10 on a single collection? To be honest, I think such a collection could have garnered total sales far more than the sum of the sales of these two collections (let's face it - interest in Mega Man wanes for 7 and especially 8, and both 9 and 10 were given for free on the PS3 via PS+). Gamers really like large collections. Sometimes, Japanese cupidity gets in the way of the company's health.
Edited by starcrunch061

Looks like this collection basically flew under the radar.

I fully completed the first Legacy Collection and I fully intend to get all the trophies in Volume 2 at some point. Looks a good bit easier, I struggled with a fair number of challenges the first time around.