Have you ever played a game that you couldn't platinum?

RedDead3001

14 hours ago, RJP_X said:

how did you manage tales of vesperia? awesome btw, sounds like the 2nd or 3rd most efforted tales plat. of course symphonia being the ultimate. i'd like to really play vesperia but don't know any japanese, and i think i'd be beyond stressed following translation and trophy guides all at once.

i've platinum'd graces, hearts, and both xillia games. i'd love to with symphonia, i feel it out here and there but kinda stop cause i'm trying to follow 5 walkthroughs at once and get a bit stressed and worried if i've missed things. the kratos guide opened for 3 separate parts of it: the main walkthrough, side quest section, and title section. the affection guide, and a guide list of all the collectors items and missable listings. its kinda a lot of work. xD

i don't think i could bother with zestiria, christ i was so bored with it it took from february last year to december to even just finish the story. and i'm usually quick with long RPGs when i get into them.

I actually got the plat for Vesperia (and Graces, FFXIII and XIII-2) twice. I had an old account but later had to make a new one, but the first time Vesperia took 137 hours, then on this account the second time it took me less at 120 hours as I had everything planned and ready from the start, so I didn't miss anything. But in the first time round I'd missed a missable enemy and forgot to steal Gauche and Droites weapons. ToV was actually my hardest platinum,  even compared to my FF plats but it's my most proud and favourite one as it's my favourite Tales game too. 

I'm fluent in Japanese so language wasn't an issue, but I thought the game itself was hard in that there was just so many missable events. I found the border repede trophy pretty hard. I also had many times of stress with trying not to miss touching any save points, treasure chests, secret mission 2 pushing Zagi off the boat where i had to redo that 6 times, all the titles, the dog mapping, 2 secret dungeons instead of 1 etc. I don't know how I did all this twice but i loved the game that much, but it was a bit easier the second time round. The secret missions were very stressful and my least favourite part of the game?

After Vesperia, I just couldn't bring myself to do Symphonia. If scenes were skippable, I would have definitely went for it, but with grade farming being difficult in ToS on top of it, it seemed very hard and time consuming. It's a pretty rare plat though and I rarely if ever see it. 

But same, I hated Zesteria. I had to force myself to play it just because it's a Tales and I had gotten it after Berseria was already out, so I thought it would be good to play it as it's kind of a sequel with the characters. But it was a flop of a game with all the one star reviews on Amazon. I always wonder if it's the reason that there is no new Tales announced this year because they lost a lot of fans....? 

A lot. The biggest one I've managed is Danganronpa 2. I consider myself of average skill. Speed runs and difficulty trophies get me. That 7,777 combo in Senran Kagura gets me. Multiplayer trophies are a definite no. My attention span sometimes does or I get frustrated so I stop. There's enough already that causes me stress. I don't need it in something I use to relax.

I realize my limitations and still try my best. I know how to get that combo trophy in Senran Kagura and one day I will attempt it. The mood hasn't struck yet. I've never been very concerned with trophies. I find going after them on my first playthrough with a guide to ruin my fun somewhat. By the time I beat the game, I'd rather try something new on my shelf. There's too much I still want to sink my claws into.

I usually decide beforehand that if the trophies are a little excessive I won't Platinum them. But I still play them. Even if the :platinum: is literally impossible. I collect trophies to boost my level, not specifically for Platinums. (Just hit LV14 a couple days ago.) Though that 180 Trophy XP that Plats are worth are still worth it if I'm close, or if it's easy enough.

Edited by pyrotempestwing
Fixed typo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I actually got the plat for Vesperia (and Graces, FFXIII and XIII-2) twice. I had an old account but later had to make a new one, but the first time Vesperia took 137 hours, then on this account the second time it took me less at 120 hours as I had everything planned and ready from the start, so I didn't miss anything. But in the first time round I'd missed a missable enemy and forgot to steal Gauche and Droites weapons. ToV was actually my hardest platinum,  even compared to my FF plats but it's my most proud and favourite one as it's my favourite Tales game too. 

I'm fluent in Japanese so language wasn't an issue, but I thought the game itself was hard in that there was just so many missable events. I found the border repede trophy pretty hard. I also had many times of stress with trying not to miss touching any save points, treasure chests, secret mission 2 pushing Zagi off the boat where i had to redo that 6 times, all the titles, the dog mapping, 2 secret dungeons instead of 1 etc. I don't know how I did all this twice but i loved the game that much, but it was a bit easier the second time round. The secret missions were very stressful and my least favourite part of the game1f605.png

After Vesperia, I just couldn't bring myself to do Symphonia. If scenes were skippable, I would have definitely went for it, but with grade farming being difficult in ToS on top of it, it seemed very hard and time consuming. It's a pretty rare plat though and I rarely if ever see it. 

But same, I hated Zesteria. I had to force myself to play it just because it's a Tales and I had gotten it after Berseria was already out, so I thought it would be good to play it as it's kind of a sequel with the characters. But it was a flop of a game with all the one star reviews on Amazon. I always wonder if it's the reason that there is no new Tales announced this year because they lost a lot of fans....1f914.png 

you should feel proud of yourself, doing these games over on your more recent account for a second time. :o honestly, i don't pat myself on the back enough when i get the platinums for games i love going for. in particular, this year has been about getting platinums for games that have been a dream for me to get plats. for. like mostly long anime games like SAO HF, or the persona games which i've accomplished. but i don't feel satisfactory enough cause i feel like there's much more to go i suppose.

i'm planning hopefully to get a PS4 by the end of the year, and i would very much like to leave the PS3 with a bang by getting the tales of symphonia platinum in the least, but that might not happen. or maybe it could, i've had platinums this year i doubted myself on going in. but its a very high challenge to even play the game, while worrying the entire time. this coming from someone who loved the game in my early teens, playing through it 3 times normally, but not at a completionist level however lol.

a lot of people stop a few percentage in to tales of symphonia, i know what you mean. xD maybe i best to opt. to play the FF XIII games instead, its been years since i've played FF XIII, but i actually liked the combat, unlike most people. i mean its been since 2012, but i don't really recall much very wrong with the game. i've kinda been tempted to start it over, and get the FFX compilations.

as a huge tales fan myself, zestiria was definitely misery. i barely had fun for the above 60 hours i played to finish the story. i wish there would at least be an announcement for a tales of vesperia localization and a tales of the abyss HD(or PS2 classic in the least) for PS4. that would definitely blow my mind. :P

On 8/30/2017 at 5:43 AM, sssande93 said:

Not a platinum, but I don't think I'll ever be able to finish Trials Fusion 100%. A very good game indeed, and have already done a lot of hard trophies in that game. There are still some trophies that I can get that isn't  too bad, but some of the trophies are just ridiculous and requires a lot of skill and dedication

Funny that you still talk about trials fusion ;)

10 hours ago, RJP_X said:

you should feel proud of yourself, doing these games over on your more recent account for a second time. :o honestly, i don't pat myself on the back enough when i get the platinums for games i love going for. in particular, this year has been about getting platinums for games that have been a dream for me to get plats. for. like mostly long anime games like SAO HF, or the persona games which i've accomplished. but i don't feel satisfactory enough cause i feel like there's much more to go i suppose.

i'm planning hopefully to get a PS4 by the end of the year, and i would very much like to leave the PS3 with a bang by getting the tales of symphonia platinum in the least, but that might not happen. or maybe it could, i've had platinums this year i doubted myself on going in. but its a very high challenge to even play the game, while worrying the entire time. this coming from someone who loved the game in my early teens, playing through it 3 times normally, but not at a completionist level however lol.

a lot of people stop a few percentage in to tales of symphonia, i know what you mean. xD maybe i best to opt. to play the FF XIII games instead, its been years since i've played FF XIII, but i actually liked the combat, unlike most people. i mean its been since 2012, but i don't really recall much very wrong with the game. i've kinda been tempted to start it over, and get the FFX compilations.

as a huge tales fan myself, zestiria was definitely misery. i barely had fun for the above 60 hours i played to finish the story. i wish there would at least be an announcement for a tales of vesperia localization and a tales of the abyss HD(or PS2 classic in the least) for PS4. that would definitely blow my mind. :P

This year was a bit of the opposite for me. Ive been feeling burnt out with all my super long rpg plats, as all of them were around the 100 hour range, especially Tales games. So i went the opposite way and started doing adventure games, otome and visual novels to relax a bit before tackling Nier Automata and FFXII afterwards? I also liked xiii, but a lot of people did not like the linear aspect and the fact that there was no towns and stuff like usual. 

FFX-2 is an ok plat, but X is pretty grindy and harder. Its one that I always intended on getting but never got around to it, and my failings at the chocobo trainer race had put me off. Hope I succeed one day as my brother platted it.  

I'd love a Tales remake, especially something like Destiny as I heard it was pretty good too, and Abyss for ps4 for the trophies. They seem to be focussing on mobile phone like Asteria and Tales of the Rays. I hope at least by next years festival they announce something new with a hopeful summer release or something. 

8 minutes ago, Macabro said:

Has anybody platinumed every game they've ever played? 

Seems to me like everybody must have  played at least a few games that they couldn't platinum.

I reckon a lot more have games they didn't platinum than games they couldn't platinum.

I probably could have platinumed Mortal Kombat. Based on the time commitment though, I just didn't...

I have many games on my list that i don't have platinum or 100% but the ones that i really can't finish due to the fact i'm not good enough are

Injustice

Dead Or Alive 5 

Street Fighter X Tekken 

Super Street Fighter IV 

As you can see they are all fighting games which i do like playing but i'm just an average fighter at my very best and some of these trophies require you to have the skills of a pro player.

D00M3D_UK_.png

On 8/30/2017 at 2:29 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

There's only 3 games i gave up getting all trophies so far (1 game excluded because of server closed)

Infamous: couldn't get into this... i was a melee fighter and all enemies were long range fighters.

You have long range powers at your disposal...

• Like 2

Feels like it's leaning that way with VVVVVV. Probably one of the hardest games I've ever played because of the trophy list. I'm not good at consistent gameplay while under pressure. Also really unmotivated to keep spending time in the super Gravitron. Hopefully if I'm able then I'll get it done before 2018.

For me:

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X: The very last request where I need 211000 points on the ultimate medley with 3 effects (thankfully the "easier" ones but still), probably doesn't help I can't clear a single technical zone or chance time even WITHOUT the effects lol

Been pretty close a few times but I suspect I need one of the "bonus points" to have a chance...

Crypt of the Necrodancer: ...just nope, not gonna attempt to plat this. Love the game but the challenges are too extreme for me x3

Edited by Zanreo

Plenty which gave me trouble or which I got bored of playing. Tho I can go back to pretty much whatever games I want so it's not a problem

But there is one worth mentioning specifically. It has eluded me for years for a multitude of reasons. Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

I rented it when it came out initially and finished its story, not a problem. The multi grind was such a pain tho, I put it off forever. I got to about 400 kills in the grind before I gave up and just helped my boosting team fulfill their kills, then I quit the game. Came back a few months ago to try again and got the rest of the trophies for the game EXCEPT for one. The damn final trophy in the challenge missions, sneaking into that villa without raising alarm

I fulfilled that trophy's requirements 3 separate times before deleting the data off my PS Now and restarting. Got back to that mission, tried again. No luck. About 4 tries later I quit again. Had to be about 8 or 9 times I got to the villa without being seen by anyone and no alarms raised. Damn game feels cursed for me. I am literally 1 trophy away from platinum in it, and I've completed the requirements TO platinum it. But alas, no plat. 

fucking sniper, man

I spent a while mulling over my trophy list and came up with the following: 

DmC Devil May Cry: I love the game, but I just do not have the patience or skill level required to complete every single difficulty. The game is hard enough as it is on normal mode. I don't need an aneurysm trying to plat it.

Call of Duty: World at War: Nope.

The Evil Within: As fantastic as this game is, I will not be attempting Akumu mode.

Any Yakuza game: Fuck the minigames.

Street Fighter IV: Fuck the online. Fuck the trials.

Street Fighter X Tekken. See above.

Muramasa Rebirth: Fuck Fury mode. This game is extremely challenging on regular mode. Beating the game with 1 life point is basically rendering the plat unobtainable.

Metal Gear Rising: I fucking love this game, and one day want to get the plat, but right now just doing hard mode is nearly insurmountable for me.

The Last of Us: I am currently going through the game on every difficulty level, gradually crossing off every single offline troohy. After that my TLOU trophy hunt on PS3 ends because I will not touch that multiplayer.

All Batman Arkham games: Riddler. Combat challenges.

If you deleted the internet with all the guides and walkthroughs every gamers list would be much, much higher.  Personally the final trophy in The Witness, some trophies in Gran Turismo 5, a few Elder Scrolls Online trophies and a few others are a pain but who knows, maybe one day...

Edited by Salt_AU

Yes. Atelier Aeysha Plus and Gravity Rush for example.
Technically I probably could plat those if I bothered using a guide for Ayesha and if I grinded the challenges in Gravity Rush. Had issues with Vita touch screen control scheme which made especially the sliding challenges difficult (Vita decided I'm trying to dodge instead of sliding; might be my long nails).

Haha, created a trophy account (this one) primarily for getting trophies and just for the sake of having a backup account. Unfortunately, I won't be able to platinum either MGS2 nor Fairy Fencer f Advent Dark Force. MGS2 is because I don't have it in me to do the VR missions and FFFADF because I just can't get into the game. I love the Neptunia series and I tried to get into FF but I just can't do it, so rip.