This has to stop..

if you have a problem with it then don't buy it and complain to Sony instead of whining about it on forums, or better yet you go make a game better then this or worse so we can bash you.......

personally i'm gonna get it when i have a vita since it looks interesting and like trying different games

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Doesn't look good, but has anyone actually played it? It might be good - doubtful, but you never know. Graphics aren't everything, and money doesn't always mean a better game - The Order 1886 had tremendous graphics, but was pretty bad, Hotline Miami was graphically weak but was amazing...

this looks like shovelware, but judging without playing is not generally a good idea

The Order 1886 was amazing though. It was just short. If it weren't so short, most people wouldn't have an issue with it. But because of one thing, "it's shit". Plus the meme was born due to  reviewers shitting on the game more harshly than necessary. You'd expect it to be Sonic '06 with how people talk about it. It's like Haze, that's not a horrible game. Yet the meme says it is. The people who repeat the meme never played it. Haze is just a mediocre game. I think The Order 1886 was amazing, not perfect certainly, but an incredible experience to be had. So not quite the same as Haze, but ultimately people are sheep and repeat what reaffirms their existing biases. They wanted to hate the game the day the developer said it was cinematic, and so it's shit. Nothing can tell them otherwise. Thankfully the reviews validate them. So they can act superior about it. Same thing with Knack which at worst is just a mediocre simple game. But reviewers shit on it, so it's bad m'kay.

Hotline Miami has good graphics too, they're just not hyper-realistic or technically impressive. But for sprite artwork, it looks great. Tons of details in the game too. If you want to see bad spritework look at this game.

22 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

The Order 1886 was amazing though. It was just short. If it weren't so short, most people wouldn't have an issue with it. But because of one thing, "it's shit". Plus the meme was born due to  reviewers shitting on the game more harshly than necessary. You'd expect it to be Sonic '06 with how people talk about it. It's like Haze, that's not a horrible game. Yet the meme says it is. The people who repeat the meme never played it. Haze is just a mediocre game. I think The Order 1886 was amazing, not perfect certainly, but an incredible experience to be had. So not quite the same as Haze, but ultimately people are sheep and repeat what reaffirms their existing biases. They wanted to hate the game the day the developer said it was cinematic, and so it's shit. Nothing can tell them otherwise. Thankfully the reviews validate them. So they can act superior about it. Same thing with Knack which at worst is just a mediocre simple game. But reviewers shit on it, so it's bad m'kay.

Hotline Miami has good graphics too, they're just not hyper-realistic or technically impressive. But for sprite artwork, it looks great. Tons of details in the game too. If you want to see bad spritework look at this game.

Knack was fine, a middle of the road game, and a bit above average if played in coop. I had no issue with knack

The length of The Order was fine - I much prefer a tight, shorter game to a padded over-long one. My problem with The Order was the incredibly bland, uninteresting story, the plodding pace, the turgid dialogue, quick-time bosses, repetitive sections, stiff character movement, generic battle sections and dull weaponry. The length was good - very little else was, though.

I'm also not shitting on Hotline Miami's look - i loved it, all i meant was that it could have been created very cheaply and by a very small studio, but the brilliance of the gameplay elevated the game, rather than the budget and the graphical prowess. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

7 hours ago, demonoid321 said:

Why does Sony keep releasing trash like this on the PSN? Like really? By the video I just watched on this game it looks like something that took zero to no effort to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDJ0Jy1bIk

Is that the hill you want to die on? Didn't look that awful to me, or look would perhaps be the wrong word, but is the gameplay awful?

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

How the hell was Undertale an afterthought?

IT WAS ANNOUNCED AT E3. During the pre-show, but that's hardly "an afterthought". An afterthought, is games like this. Without this post I wouldn't have ever heard about it. That's an actual afterthought dear.

Who cares, don't buy it if you don't want it.

edit; also I find it funny you have games like Hatoful Boyfriend on your list, which when it was announced people treated exactly like this game. Things that make you go hmmmm. Guess it's okay when you play it though.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're saying. I have Undertale. I preordered it on PSN and am eagerly anticipating my December shipment of the Limited Edition for Vita from Fangamer.

Undertale was an "afterthought" because Sony used to announce huge indie games (especially console exclusives!) like this in their press conferences proper (be it E3, Gamescom, or TGS), on stage. Not as a random video beforehand. Again, too many people used to complain that Sony focused on indies. They took it to heart after Adam left and shifted to their AAA lineup, especially with the post-release reaction to No Man's Sky which they played up heavily on stage.

And I really do not understand what you're on about with Hatoful Boyfriend. ~80% of my profile is indie games, why is it surprising? ?

Edited by Spelunkette

These sort of topics are becoming tedious.  Screaming injustice about a new game just because it doesn't meet someone's standards of what a game should be...again.  

I was going to rant for a minute, but what's the point?  I'm not reading or responding to these any more. 

"This has to stop...".  My sentiments exactly.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

This shitty game shouldn't be allowed to be published by Sony, with a plat or not.

I don't want to see Sony Greenlight!

We won't, they're probably using the same thing Valve is now since they killed off Greenlight. Anyone who pays $100 gets their game published on Steam. Since they removed Greenlight and replaced it with the "$100 to publish", there's been a massive flood of garbage games on Steam. They originally wanted to charge something like $1000-$5000 per game, but smaller developers whined about how they couldn't afford it.

No clue how much Sony charges, but it's probably $10-$100 considering the quality of these games and how obscure and unknown these developers are.

The graphics may look like something done in MSPaint, but it doesn't look like total shit. The dev released a new trailer that made the game look a little more involved than that tutorial one. I'm not saying it will be the best game out there, but it might be a solid 4-5 or so out of 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spelunkette said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're saying. I have Undertale. I preordered it on PSN and am eagerly anticipating my December shipment of the Limited Edition for Vita from Fangamer.

Undertale was an "afterthought" because Sony used to announce huge indie games (especially console exclusives!) like this in their press conferences proper (be it E3, Gamescom, or TGS), on stage. Not as a random video beforehand. Again, too many people used to complain that Sony focused on indies. They took it to heart after Adam left and shifted to their AAA lineup, especially with the post-release reaction to No Man's Sky which they played up heavily on stage.

And I really do not understand what you're on about with Hatoful Boyfriend. ~80% of my profile is indie games, why is it surprising? 1f615.png

Because you're criticizing this game, while people have had those same criticisms about games you've deemed "worthy" to play. So it's ironic that you hold a position that others hold toward games you've played.

It was not an afterthought. It was not a primary, huge focus. I agree.But "afterthought" is exaggeration to prove a point, but it just makes you incorrect.

2 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

We won't, they're probably using the same thing Valve is now since they killed off Greenlight. Anyone who pays $100 gets their game published on Steam. Since they removed Greenlight and replaced it with the "$100 to publish", there's been a massive flood of garbage games on Steam. They originally wanted to charge something like $1000-$5000 per game, but smaller developers whined about how they couldn't afford it.

No clue how much Sony charges, but it's probably $10-$100 considering the quality of these games and how obscure and unknown these developers are.

With Sony if they did/do that then it would be on top of the price of devkits as well.

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I wouldn't say no effort was put into this. It was probably made by a student who is just getting into game design, so he probably put in a great deal of time into this... Whether or not it belongs on the PS store, though, is another matter entirely.

Agreed. Some poor college student is probably crying their eyes out reading comments here on what a piece of trash it is.

Plus, people are always bitching about the Vita never getting new games... Well, at least Sony tried.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Is it wrong to say that a part of me wants to play this.

You're not alone, I'm not a huge indie fan, but this does look like fun, at least for a few hours.

If it's <$3 at some point I'll def pick it. I don't see myself buying it for $5 or more though. It just looks fun

12 hours ago, demonoid321 said:

Why does Sony keep releasing trash like this on the PSN? Like really? By the video I just watched on this game it looks like something that took zero to no effort to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDJ0Jy1bIk

Are you serious? First of all, you don't have to buy it if you have such a problem with it. Second, that video shows the MAKER OF THE GAME (ONE GUY) playing the tutorial that HE MADE. I think he did a fantastic job if it's his first game. I remember I tried making a game once and it's hard as shit. Maybe give people, and Sony, a little credit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Because you're criticizing this game, while people have had those same criticisms about games you've deemed "worthy" to play. So it's ironic that you hold a position that others hold toward games you've played.

It was not an afterthought. It was not a primary, huge focus. I agree.But "afterthought" is exaggeration to prove a point, but it just makes you incorrect.

I didn't express any opinions on this game though. Not once. All of my criticisms are aimed at Sony's poor indie relationship management and lax PSN policy, all as explanation for the deluge of perceived low quality content on PSN. If I'm to comment on the game proper, I don't have much interest in it, but I never judge a game for its content without playing it beforehand.

Fact is, Adam Boyes was Sony's indie evangelist. He's not there anymore, and since then quality issues have arisen with plenty of criticism from indie developers struggling with Sony policy, a lot of really loud criticism from entitled players who value platinums, and a few players who just want to see indies get the love they deserve from the mega corporation selling their games in their storefront.

Not sure how I'm incorrect here, but thanks for making this completely trivial matter personal.

3 hours ago, Spelunkette said:

I didn't express any opinions on this game though. Not once. All of my criticisms are aimed at Sony's poor indie relationship management and lax PSN policy, all as explanation for the deluge of perceived low quality content on PSN.

In the context of a post about this specific game... so either you're being completely off topic... OOOOOOOORRRRRRR you think that relates to this game. Therefore you are actually doing just that. But if you want to pretend you bringing all that up in a post about this specific game isn't expressing that this game falls into "low quality content on PSN", then I guess you can do that. Have a nice day~

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Agreed. Some poor college student is probably crying their eyes out reading comments here on what a piece of trash it is.

Plus, people are always bitching about the Vita never getting new games... Well, at least Sony tried.

I'm sorry, but just because some "poor college student" made a game and worked hard on it doesn't mean that game has the right to be released on every platform imaginable. It also doesn't mean that game is above criticism. There are websites like Itch.io which are much more suited to the whole "babby's first game" thing. If you release a game that looks like this on what's supposed to be a professional platform, you should expect some blowback. It's not unreasonable for people to expect some quality control, especially when they feel like standards have been getting worse and worse for years.

First of all, the people bitching about that have no idea what they're talking about. New Vita games- quality Vita games are releasing all the time to this day. Second of all, I'd rather have nothing than whatever this is. Sony tried!? More like they don't give a shit. "It'll make us a few bucks, so whatever, just release it".

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

And here I thought Life of Black Tiger was the lowest point. If it looks worse than some half-assed iOS game then it should not be put on the PS Store, simple as that. Otherwise it's just paving the way for, well...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm sorry, but just because some "poor college student" made a game and worked hard on it doesn't mean that game has the right to be released on every platform imaginable. It also doesn't mean that game is above criticism. There are websites like Itch.io which are much more suited to the whole "babby's first game" thing. If you release a game that looks like this on what's supposed to be a professional platform, you should expect some blowback. It's not unreasonable for people to expect some quality control, especially when they feel like standards have been getting worse and worse for years.

First of all, the people bitching about that have no idea what they're talking about. New Vita games- quality Vita games are releasing all the time to this day. Second of all, I'd rather have nothing than whatever this is. Sony tried!? More like they don't give a shit. "It'll make us a few bucks, so whatever, just release it".

That's fair. Obviously, if you want to be successful in the industry (really, any industry), you're going to have to be open to criticism. The issue I have with this topic is that the OP directly attacked the developer. If you want to say you don't like the graphics, that's fine. Personally, I thought we live in an age where having poor graphics is now considered okay as long as the gameplay is good, but whatever. I don't buy into this whole "if it looks like shit, it shouldn't be on here" philosophy. There are lots of games that I think look like shit and would never play, and they might be ones that you adore. And not to name any games by title, but I'd sooner play Licky the Lucky Lizard than any of those AAA games that hide most of their content behind paywalls and expensive DLC packs.

But back to my original point: there is no greater insult to an artist or a creator than being told that no time or effort went into their work. You may not like the end product, but don't demean the person's passion for their creation. That's just being a jerk.

• Like 4