This has to stop..

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm sorry, but just because some "poor college student" made a game and worked hard on it doesn't mean that game has the right to be released on every platform imaginable. It also doesn't mean that game is above criticism. There are websites like Itch.io which are much more suited to the whole "babby's first game" thing. If you release a game that looks like this on what's supposed to be a professional platform, you should expect some blowback. It's not unreasonable for people to expect some quality control, especially when they feel like standards have been getting worse and worse for years.

First of all, the people bitching about that have no idea what they're talking about. New Vita games- quality Vita games are releasing all the time to this day. Second of all, I'd rather have nothing than whatever this is. Sony tried!? More like they don't give a shit. "It'll make us a few bucks, so whatever, just release it".

I'm not saying that these games belong on the PSN store. I'm saying to put yourself in the person's shoes and imagine it's a college student who made their first game. Now imagine if they saw this thread after working hard on the project to get it finished... I'd feel like a turd sandwich if I was that person.

And I was being sarcastic about "Now, you have your Vita games." I'd doubt that the game even reaches 1000 owners on this site. And if it does, it isn't Sony you should be blaming for letting it on the store, it's the people endorsing these type of games.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlindMango said:

The art style is... interesting

Well I haven't been understanding why games like these are getting allowed on PS4, so I guess it's better to see it as a Vita game (seems to fit better on Vita), plus no platinum trophy, so it's not all bad I suppose :P 

Why not? Maybe Sony will get 90% of sales. Is a business afterall.

6 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Dev of Licky Lizard here. 

Here's the launch trailer: 

Firstly, think a few of you might wanna chill a little. No one is forcing you to buy my game. If you don't like the look of it, then the solution is simple...

Secondly, there was more than "zero effort" put into this game, I can assure you. But it is my first game, and so I do appreciate that it's by no means a masterpiece. But it is fun - that I can be sure of. 

Thirdly, I appreciate that PS fans want only the best games on PSN, but that dream is over. It ended with the advent of the indie game. If you want special indie games like Journey and the like, well then you're (Sony) also leaving the door open for trophy bait like My Name Is Mayo. This isn't trophy bait; this isn't Life of Black Tiger; this is a fun, addictive little arcade platformer. But whatever, I'm the only one here who has played it, so what do I know?

Anyway, cheers to the people here who don't tear into a small indie game made by one guy, without even seeing the final game. Hit me up if you're interested in a free code. 

Cheers. 

Well Said 100% Agree 1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

Edited by Jare
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Firstly, think a few of you might wanna chill a little. No one is forcing you to buy my game. If you don't like the look of it, then the solution is simple...

Secondly, there was more than "zero effort" put into this game, I can assure you. But it is my first game, and so I do appreciate that it's by no means a masterpiece. But it is fun - that I can be sure of. 

Thirdly, I appreciate that PS fans want only the best games on PSN, but that dream is over. It ended with the advent of the indie game. If you want special indie games like Journey and the like, well then you're (Sony) also leaving the door open for trophy bait like My Name Is Mayo. This isn't trophy bait; this isn't Life of Black Tiger; this is a fun, addictive little arcade platformer. But whatever, I'm the only one here who has played it, so what do I know?

Anyway, cheers to the people here who don't tear into a small indie game made by one guy, without even seeing the final game. Hit me up if you're interested in a free code. 

Cheers. 

I will gladly take a free code! 

And power to you! ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

Translation: "Please guys, I only want to see positive comments about my game. If you're not interested in it, then be quiet".

21 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

Thirdly, I appreciate that PS fans want only the best games on PSN, but that dream is over. It ended with the advent of the indie game. If you want special indie games like Journey and the like, well then you're (Sony) also leaving the door open for trophy bait like My Name Is Mayo.

Where's the logic in this? Just because games like Journey, The Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, Spelunky, Shovel Knight, and all of the other amazing indie games are allowed onto the platform doesn't mean they have to let every indie game through no matter how awful it is. There's this little thing called quality control.

31 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

This isn't trophy bait; this isn't Life of Black Tiger; this is a fun, addictive little arcade platformer. But whatever, I'm the only one here who has played it, so what do I know?

You know what else you are? THE DEVELOPER OF THE GAME. But yes, let's just trust your opinion is totally unbiased, lol. :P

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rattlehead57 said:

This isn't trophy bait; this isn't Life of Black Tiger; this is a fun, addictive little arcade platformer.

Having to say it is fun isn't really a good thing. It's like a book author saying "My book is very good and written well". That's up for whoever buys and plays it.

2 hours ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Cheers. 

I am planing on buying this game so I won't take the free code and show the support, I play a lot of long time investment games so games like this are a nice change of pace and a lot of them are rather fun. Hope it goes well and I hope some of the comments here won't stop you from putting more games on Sony devices in the future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Cheers. 

I'm sorry everyone's sharing negative opinion to a game they have never even played yet. I'd be willing to give this game a shot free code or not and give you my opinion good or bad to help you out. Seeing as this is your first game that you've made and it was picked up to be put on PSN that's pretty fucking cool in my opinion and I hope you continue to improve and make better games.

• Like 1

It never ends well when a developer decides to jump in like this. For anyone involved.

If you make a game, regardless of whether you are a single individual making it or whether you are part of an entire multi-layered studio you need to accept the fact that your created material will be open to scrutiny whether it is monetized or not. If you do not do this right from the start, you will end up hating what you do and the people you are making the games for. This isn't just for games either, the same applies to books, movies and any other media that is designed for public consumption.

You'll get your game reviewed and discussed. The only differing factor is the frequency and length of the discussion depending on how high profile or marketable the title is. Having an opinion on whether your game is good or not (regardless of how acceptable you feel the opinion is) is not something you can combat and is the right of everyone who sees and plays it as soon as it is deemed release-worthy for the masses. This isn't circumstantial or occasional - it's a constant.

It's also something you have to accept to be able to exist as an indie developer or a mainstream one. It's part of the entire process. If you can't develop some resilience and hardiness to this, then you need to rethink your strategy.

This isn't just me talking by the way, there are historical examples of this being the case - a good example to check out is at the creator of Fez and the story of how he quit the gaming industry in a destructive way. So what i'm finding concerning here, is that you've created a user profile on a popular trophy site to tackle anyone who is debating, talking about or criticizing your game. And your primary rationale is - go easy on me, I did this on my own, I'll give you my game for free too. As if expecting some kind of leeway or concession. On the other hand you've elevated and connected positively with everyone who has provided encouraging words.

What you've done here is to not only step out of your own professional bounds, but you've also decided to try and create a division between the community that you've literally just joined by arguing with the people who said things you didn't like and embraced the ones you did.

You are 2-3 posts into your membership on this site and this in my opinion is one of the most destructive ways to join any community. I don't even care about your game anymore because what you've successfully done is to create a situation where the thread is not about your game, it's about you.

I appreciate the amount of effort and time it takes to make a game, especially on your own. But if you have any hope of developing games in future you need to grow up a bit and take debate and criticism in a more mature way. And the first tip to this, is to not white-knight yourself into an entire PSN community to blindly defend your own creation.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Agreed. Some poor college student is probably crying their eyes out reading comments here on what a piece of trash it is.

Plus, people are always bitching about the Vita never getting new games... Well, at least Sony tried.

At last someone who thinks about other peoples feelings. Those people that bitch about the game been shit, I would wonder if they had a son/daughter who made a game like this what would they be saying. 

If the game is crap they can at least give some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and not "This game is shit"  

6 hours ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Cheers. 

First off thanks for supporting the VITA :yay:. Will be buying the game as soon as I can. Secondly ignore any shitty comments about the game unless it's something constructive but I personally like games like this for on the go and a break from the AAA games. Don't take negative comments to heart as the INTERNET can be more toxic then good. Thanks anyways and you will have my support. 

PS...that lizard better have multiple lives.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2017 at 7:07 AM, demonoid321 said:

Why does Sony keep releasing trash like this on the PSN? Like really? By the video I just watched on this game it looks like something that took zero to no effort to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDJ0Jy1bIk

Well you can stop it by not supporting games like this if you don't like it. It seems you like games like this (looking at your list) so why are you contradicting yourself. 

8 hours ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Cheers. 

Sorry to see you had to read some really mean comments. Keep it up and thanks for stopping by! :) 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rattlehead57 said:

Hi guys.

Cheers. 

To be honest, after seeing the trailer. I would play the game, seems like a fun little platformer to kill some time with, congrats on making a game and being teamed up with Sony to help you build your brand, good luck

@rattlehead57, I read through this thread and I sympathise with you. Unfortunately there is a small but very vocal minority that seem to feel their opinion is often warranted and justified regardless of actually relevance or knowledge of the issue. Many of them have never created anything but freely shoot down anything that doesn't fit their ideal. Perhaps one day they will understand how difficult it is to fund any creative project  ( or shock horror actually acknowledge that a person is trying to make a living ) although it is doubtful. I wish you well and will buy your game too as I am happy to support someone who is actively creating something. As will many others on here, but I wouldn't waste your time engaging with the negativity, no matter how hard you try you can never out argue someone who is solely focused on how something impacts them.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3