Sony to announce seven new titles at Paris Games Week.

ShadowStar83x

Damn, that was a really good showing! The highlight of the show for me was definitely Ghost of Tsushima, the new title from Sucker Punch. A samurai game was the last thing I expected them to make, but I've been wanting to play one of those forever now, so I couldn't be more excited! It sounds incredible.

Spelunky 2 and Guacamelee 2 were also some really cool announcements. Previously announced games like God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last of Us Part II are also looking amazing.

Ghost of tsushima and god of war 4 soloed the show imo. If the samurai game have some violence and gore from tenchu back at the day, then this dang kick ass O.O. Spiderman looked dope as well. Ignis dlc from ff 15 gonna be tight as well. 2018 will be a op year again like 2017 xD

Went back and looked at the Ghost of Tsushima trailer a second time.

Look at the symbolism. His village gets attacked. He was a samurai his whole life. Following a code. Then his armor burns away and then from the ashes he changes into a more ninja/stealth like appearance, hence the "Ghost" in the title. He's going to adopt unconventional means to fighting this enemy. Might be Mongolians, or Chinese invading Japan I think.

Edited by TurdFlingingApe
  • Like 3

Spider-Man, Concrete Genie, Ghost of Tsushima, Detroit: Become Human, HZD: Frozen Wilds, Sims4, and a few the VR games got me hyped! It wasn't an amazing press conference, but I didn't go in with high expectations either. Lots of great games to look foward too....my wallet on the other hand might not be so thrilled ?

Good showing from Sony. I am going out on a limb and say this was better then the E3 conference. Really want to know more of SP new game. Even though I would of settled for another Infamous game I am glad for a new IP. I was the same way with Guerilla Games when they left the KZ series for something new. Even though I wasn't excited about Herizon at first it turned out to be one of my favorites. Now I can't wait to get back into that world again with Aloy in the DLC.

TLOU2 is looking really dark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

Pretty cool to see more of games i already know about, Monster Hunter in particular. The show was kinda missing that "oh shit" announcement for me, though i am excited for Guacamelee 2.

I missed the G2 announcement. Dayum, I could do with more from DrinkBox. Looking forward to that. 

I had some interest in MH:W, but mostly because a friend of mine likes those kind of games and wants me to play it with him. Knowing that I can play as Aloy makes me a lot more interested. Cross-promotion works, I guess!

Just now, nyonmyan said:

It felt a bit underwhelming tbh.

I don't think it was meant to be overwhelming. It was an opportunity for Sony to remind gamers that they might not want an XB1X after all. Why go to Microsoft when PlayStation has the games they really want to play. All they needed to do was wheel out new trailers for the big-hitting exclusives (and the third-party multiplat stuff that they're contractually obliged to promote *cough* Destiny 2 *cough* CoD *cough*) and remind the public what's coming down their pipeline. 

Too many new announcements would have confused people, as it takes time for the "oh yeah, that's a PS4 game" thing to radiate out into the public. They needed to punch the message home that the Sony line up is where its at, and they needed to do it now before XB1X releases.

Job done. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

I don't think it was meant to be overwhelming. It was an opportunity for Sony to remind gamers that they might not want an XB1X after all. Why go to Microsoft when PlayStation has the games they really want to play. All they needed to do was wheel out new trailers for the big-hitting exclusives (and the third-party multiplat stuff that they're contractually obliged to promote *cough* Destiny 2 *cough* CoD *cough*) and remind the public what's coming down their pipeline. 

Too many new announcements would have confused people, as it takes time for the "oh yeah, that's a PS4 game" thing to radiate out into the public. They needed to punch the message home that the Sony line up is where its at, and they needed to do it now before XB1X releases.

Job done. 

@IntenseFATE98

13 hours ago, dermarx said:

Last one... Got to be Last of us 2

Yes, it was :yay:

13 hours ago, dermarx said:

No surprise, they saved Last of us 2 for the last.

Some interessting things to see there. 

@madbuk

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

*snip*

Why were you anticipating big annoucements then? You were so convinced Sony was going to announce something big to take momentum off Xbox, before the event. :D I told 'ya they won't announce/reveal anything big.

MS doesn't need anything big anyways, just the marketing of their new console with the whole 4K bling and "6 teraflops" tagline will get them enough sales out of hype. They aren't even competing directly with Sony anymore. They can just market their console as a 4K Player or kinda like a HTPC too. Multi-platform titles will get them sales, since they'll run better, added to that the benefit of Backwards compatibilty. I hope sales for all 3 consoles gain momentum though (PS4/X1/Switch), it's good for the industry.

Edited by IntenseFATE98
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Went back and looked at the Ghost of Tsushima trailer a second time.

Look at the symbolism. His village gets attacked. He was a samurai his whole life. Following a code. Then his armor burns away and then from the ashes he changes into a more ninja/stealth like appearance, hence the "Ghost" in the title. He's going to adopt unconventional means to fighting this enemy. Might be Mongolians, or Chinese invading Japan I think.

There was also an interview about Ghost of Tsushima in which Sucker Punch told that the invaders are mongolians.

7 hours ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

MS doesn't need anything big anyways, just the marketing of their new console with the whole 4K bling and "6 teraflops" tagline will get them enough sales out of hype. They aren't even competing directly with Sony anymore. They can just market their console as a 4K Player or kinda like a HTPC too. Multi-platform titles will get them sales, since they'll run better, added to that the benefit of Backwards compatibilty. I hope sales for all 3 consoles gain momentum though (PS4/X1/Switch), it's good for the industry.

I absolutely agree with this, which is why I think MS's new system makes zero sense. This pushes MS even more to the fringe of the console industry, and will probably mean even less exclusives for them. Maybe they feel that they will develop more of a synergy with PC owners, but I don't see how that gives momentum to their console sales, or the console industry as a whole.

/end{tangent}

Edited by starcrunch061

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I absolutely agree with this, which is why I think MS's new system makes zero sense. This pushes MS even more to the fringe of the console industry, and will probably mean even less exclusives for them. Maybe they feel that they will develop more of a synergy with PC owners, but I don't see how that gives momentum to their console sales, or the console industry as a whole.

/end{tangent}

I doubt MS even cares about having their own exclusives anymore (hence why they're getting timed exclusives like PUBG, RoTR recently etc.), X1X was probably made just so they can have that "most powerful console" tag and hopefully pick up sales (and try to drag in a few PC users too). Only way I see this is, as more healthy competition in the console industry, this will make Sony more competitive, maybe drag down the prices or offer better bundles/deals (hence more sales). The moment one company dominates the other, the consumer loses. This is the sole reason why PC's have been considered expensive, simply because AMD had been slacking and there had been no competition for Intel/Nvidia until recently, causing them to charge whatever they want for their 'better' products. Good competition is always better :) 

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

/end{tangent}

They need good exclusives, there's no ifs ands or buts about that.

So what exactly are people getting that isn't already on the PC or the PS4 Pro? Not a whole lot, if anything since exclusives are at best timed. People who have the money would much rather get a good PC and play games like Shadow of War and on the best graphical qualities rather than the Xbox One Scorpio.

Phil Spencer is a jackass, and I don't think he really plays video games himself to understand the audience nor the market the games cater to.

4 hours ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

I doubt MS even cares about having their own exclusives anymore (hence why they're getting timed exclusives like PUBG, RoTR recently etc.), X1X was probably made just so they can have that "most powerful console" tag and hopefully pick up sales (and try to drag in a few PC users too). Only way I see this is, as more healthy competition in the console industry, this will make Sony more competitive, maybe drag down the prices or offer better bundles/deals (hence more sales). The moment one company dominates the other, the consumer loses. This is the sole reason why PC's have been considered expensive, simply because AMD had been slacking and there had been no competition for Intel/Nvidia until recently, causing them to charge whatever they want for their 'better' products. Good competition is always better :) 

The word to describe this is a monopoly. When a company gains complete control over an industry, like Comcast and Time Warner Cable, they charge whatever prices they want for their service. Same thing with Intel/NVidia. Do people honestly think they could charge the same high prices if four - five other competitors offered similar products for cheaper? Of course not, that would lose them business.

But a monopoly ensures that these companies don't have to put the work in to make a quality product. That's why people bitch and complain about Comcast Internet service and Cable service every single day because they are the sole internet and cable tv provider in a lot of towns and cities across America. Prices would be a third as much or lower if there was competition. Since there is no competition, the reality is the service sucks, there is nobody else to get service from so you're essentially stuck with that monopoly.

Monopolies are a big reason why our infrastructure is a giant heap of shit and why nothing gets done. Health care is a serious problem too, because that is in the hands of a select few individuals who have nearly complete control on it. It's corporate greed at its worst, and our economy will likely see another crash come the next two to ten years.

Edited by Spaz