What "must haves" is my collection missing? (PS3)

Dreakon13

Some of my personal favorites:

Midnight Club: Los Angeles (the music alone in this game makes it worth it; I've complied almost the entire playlist through iTunes)

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (IMO, the best online multiplayer ever)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (spec ops, so much fun)

Mercenaries 2

Dragon Age: Origins

You have a good list there - a few underapreciated games I would add are:

Syndicate 

(criminally underrated FPS with a good story, great game feel and fantastic level design)

Metro: Last Light

(such a great story and unusual game mechanics)

Dead Nation

(Great Twin Stick shooter - not sure if it was released physically though)

Bioshock Trilogy

(Some of the best Immersive Sim gaming ever)

Singularity

(Raven’s answer to Bioshock was so under-loved it was sad)

The Sabateur

(An interesting and compulsive take on oper-world)

Dark Souls 2

(Its just the best)

Also, not sure if it came out physically, but if it did:

Lone Survivor

(The best game on PS3)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is quite the classic and a very good game. 

Also suggesting Hitman: Absolution just because I personally liked it. If you're lucky, you might still find a collector's edition of it too. I hear the physical version has suffered from some freezing and save corruption issues though. 

Assassin's Creed II is a great game too.

Edited by Eyjabria

On 13 December 2017 at 11:44 PM, Dreakon13 said:

So I finally got a shelf to put all my lovely games, movies and collectible items on... they've just been in bins since I moved a few months ago... and I came to the realization that I actually don't have that many games!  I mean, I have a lot of games, but not enough to fill up a shelf. xD

I'd like to bolster my collection a little further, but I do kinda feel like I've hit most of the big targets.  Not that every game I currently have is objectively a "must have" certainly... but they're games I liked or perhaps want to play/replay someday.  So I look to you, the Playstation community, to offer up suggestions of games I should probably add to my collection before I close the doors on the PS3 generation.  Maybe they're simply personal favorites/must haves of yours, maybe it's a game largely considered the best of the best that I happened to overlook, etc.  No holds barred really.  Can be any genre.  Can be multi-platform (ie. not necessarily a PS3 exclusive).  I don't care about trophies, so no need to worry about platinum attainability.

Not even terribly concerned if it's a game I like.  If it was a big PS3 release (or an underappreciated gem) back in the day, I want it in my collection.

Only rule is obviously, it needs to be something that I can buy in disc form.  Since it's for my physical collection.

(EDIT: Feel free to suggest any that have been remastered for PS4 that aren't in the list, though in some cases I may already have the remaster/port on a current-gen console.)

To get the ball rolling, a good example of a generation "stand-out" that I don't have... is Far Cry 3.  So I'll be looking into getting a copy of that.

You can see my current collection below.  Appreciate any help!

Reveal hidden contents

3D Dot Game Heroes
Beyond: Two Souls

Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Demon's Souls
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster
God of War 3
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition

Grand Theft Auto V
Heavy Rain
Journey Collection (Journey, Flower and flOw)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 3
Mafia II
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mass Effect Trilogy
Max Payne 3
Mirror's Edge
NHL 14
Ni No Kuni
NieR
The Orange Box (Portal, Half Life 2+Episodes, Team Fortress 2)
Portal 2
Prince of Persia (2008)
Remember Me
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Skate 2
Sleeping Dogs
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Yakuza 4

U have some great games but you sould definitely get alien isolation this is without a doubt the best horror title on the market and it's also dirt cheap now.  resident evil revolutions 2 is in my eyes the best episode series out there 5 action packed episodes that get better and better with all the old school characters like Barry burton Jill Valentine among others and new charcter alike. and without a doubt assassins creed black flag even if you don't really like the series this one is totally different to any of the others. For the PS3 dead space 2 enslaved odyssey to the west which is like prince of Persia but much much better also the darkness 2 and splinter cell blacklist and collecton are also must buys. Other great games you may or may off not tried are the evil within, ico, f1 2016, hitman absolution, metro redux, and dishounered, note I did look at your list but my brain ain't big enough to store all your games while writing this ??

On 14 December 2017 at 5:52 AM, Bilpe said:

Some of my personal favorites:

Midnight Club: Los Angeles (the music alone in this game makes it worth it; I've complied almost the entire playlist through iTunes)

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (IMO, the best online multiplayer ever)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (spec ops, so much fun)

Mercenaries 2

Dragon Age: Origins

Is call of duty modern warefare spec ops still online I've had it but always thought the servers was down.

20 hours ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Is call of duty modern warefare spec ops still online I've had it but always thought the servers was down.

yeah they are still online I'm sure. I have heard trophy popping hackers lurk around the Spec Ops missions so be careful. I remember playing normal online a few weeks back and its just lobbies of hackers after hackers. Such a shame because the online is really fun

1 minute ago, SirPigFace said:

yeah they are still online I'm sure. I have heard trophy popping hackers lurk around the Spec Ops missions so be careful. I remember playing normal online a few weeks back and its just lobbies of hackers after hackers. Such a shame because the online is really fun

Hackers can't pop trophies in modern warfare 2

It's still online but it's unplayable due to how laggy the servers are

• 2 weeks later...

Tales games: Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia, Xillia 2, Symphonia (There is a triple pack with Symphonia, Symphonia DOTW and Graces as one disc, and a Xillia + Xillia 2 combo pack)

Disgaea Collection (comes with Disgaea 3, 4 and D2)

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Devil May Cry

Lightning Returns

Resonance of Fate

Valkyria Chronicles

• 4 weeks later...

The two Atelier trilogies:

Arland series (Rorona, Meruru, Totori)

Dusk series (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie)

The Aarland trilogy comes in a triple pack for 20 € the last time I saw it. Don't know if there's a triple pack for the Dusk series.

Here are a few of my personal favourites that I think are pretty good to have in a collection

FFXIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Tales of Xillia 1 and 2

Tales of Graces F

Metal Gear Solid HD collection

Disgaea 4 A promise unforgotten

Nier

Rune Factory Oceans

Resonance of Fate

Alice madness returns

Also on PS4

Persona 5 (also on PS4)

Okami HD (also on PS4)

Star Ocean

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5

On 12/13/2017 at 7:03 PM, Dreakon13 said:

Bayonetta scares me a little because I heard the PS3 port was atrocious.  That might be one I just pick up on the Switch (along with Bayonetta 2 and 3) next year... assuming the collection gets a non-digital release.  Vanquish has been a struggle to find a reasonably priced new or used copy of, in good condition.  The rest I'll look into where appropriate. :)

I played Bayonetta about 6 months ago, and it's fine with patches. Bayonetta 1 is digital only on Switch, so if you prefer physical, you might want the PS3 version. I mean, you'll need a digital patch to make it perform decently, but whatever.

I think it might have better framerate on Switch, but Bayonetta 1 is perfectly playable on PS3 now. I stopped short of the Platinum, but I did all the challenge areas and I was never fighting poor framerate.

I would definitely recommend Bayonetta 1 on whatever platform you choose. I can't recommend any other PS3 games beyond what others have shared.

8 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Bayonetta 1 is digital only on Switch

I guess that's true... now that I look at it, Bayonetta 2 is getting a physical release on the Switch and that just includes a full game download for the first one.  I'll probably just bite the bullet and go digital with it (when I get around to buying it), for consistency sake.  Having all the Bayonetta series on one platform.

Edited by Dreakon13

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

I guess that's true... now that I look at it, Bayonetta 2 is getting a physical release on the Switch and that just includes a full game download for the first one.  I'll probably just bite the bullet and go digital with it (when I get around to buying it), for consistency sake.  Having all the Bayonetta series on one platform.

That probably makes the most sense. I don't really need the first game again but I'll probably get it with B2 since that's the most cost-effective option so far (Nintendo isn't selling them each for $30 on the eShop). Also, you'll get some bonus content for B1 that way... I think it's just Nintendo costumes, but it's something at least.

It's also worth noting that the PS3 version, being a PS3 game, takes a while to launch and get started. The Switch version will be a lot quicker.