The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

Gave up on the Dante's Inferno plat, all I have to do is collect all the remaining collectible trophies but I've finished the game three times already and I don't wanna do it a fourth time. Maybe I'll do it again but definitely not soon.

Dead Space, got bored and annoyed at Impossible difficulty 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So far, I've never come across a game that I just couldn't get the platinum for (though Assassin's Creed Brotherhood came pretty close because of its hellish, grindy and buggy online trophies). I do have Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on my backlog, so... that might change.

If you're counting games without trophies or on other platforms, however, I have two:

• I've never managed to get the King of the Palace achievement in Devil May Cry 4. I used to actually be pretty good at the game, but a 3-hour timed survival mode with barely any chance to recover some of your health? I don't have those kinds of godly skills.
  • Never got any of the online achievements for Naruto: Rise of a Ninja on 360. Besides being pretty hard, I never liked multiplayer modes and hence online trophies/achievements, but I may push myself through them - if the online is free - which is not the case on the 360. I'm not going to pay for something I don't even like. I'd rather just leave the game with an incomplete achievement/trophy list. My completion rate will probably drop quite a bit as soon as I get a PS4.
Edited by jrdemr

Super Street Fighter IV - mainly the trials, as my combo ability is sorely lacking.  I could get Shining C with time, but it's not worth ranking up so many characters unless the plat is guaranteed at the end of it all.  Plus I just can't beat Seth with a number of characters, even on Easy...

Bulletstorm - I never finished the MP trophies whilst the servers were up.  If I had, then I'd now have the platinum, but oh well.  Can't win 'em all.

Transformers: ROTF - I never managed to get platinum medal times in a number of missions, and no longer have the game now anyway.

Batman Arkham Asylum/City/Origins - just can't keep the freeflow combos going long enough to beat the combat challenge maps.

Family Game night

There's one online trophy and the servers were shut down a month or so before I bought it

PSN store should red bold games that have unobtainable trophies

Killzone 3

Never really got INTO this game in the first place, it was cool but I didn't go out of my way to finish it

Wheel of Fortune Decades

Online is dead and its way too luck based and random, gave up on it

Free Realms

Downloaded it cuz it was free to play

But then I noticed it's pay to win, and the servers are shut down, to the trash it went

Some UFC game

Hated it, traded it in

Fight Night Round 4

Loved 3, hated 4, traded it in

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Giant Accomplishment trophy is a bitch, still working on it, from time to time

There's probably a few others but those are what comes to mind

Edited by Property_Damage

Lost Planet 2 - nothing like the first one, was expecting a sp game didn't like the co-op.

Kane and Lynch 2 - hated the changes they made from the first one and could't be doing with the camera wobble.

Homefront - Glitched to highest level so couldn't get the relavent trophy.

Resistance 2 - servers closed

FEAR 2 - servers closed

LOTR Conquest - a game i played before i went for completion & servers now closed

White Knight Chronicles - servers closed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Triple D assault here:

Dead Space 2

Hard to the Core   -   Beat Hardcore Mode. Checkpoints are disabled and you're only allowed 3 saves for the entire game.

I have neither the time nor the patience to methodically plan the playthrough necessary to obtain this trophy. Couple that with having to relive the horrors entailed, it's a nightmarish endeavor.

Dead Space 3

Aren't You Thankful?   -   Beat Hardcore Mode. Infinite saves enabled but death forces you to start at the very beginning of the entire game.

I suppose the unlimited saves are nice but that taunting feature is quickly thrown out into a black hole when you're left with the constant anticipation of having to crawl all the way back to whichever point in the game proved to be your demise.

DuckTales: Remastered

Smater than Smarties  Beat Extreme Difficulty. No saves, severely depleted health, and you must beat the game in one sitting all while being limited to using the much more difficult hard pogo control scheme.

WayForward loves to make challenging games and this game is no exception. But come on! You've got to be a master pogo-f$cker to get this unforgiving trophy. I dread at the thought of screwing up towards the very final stages requiring you to race for your gaming life and sanity. Screw that up and it's back to square one!

Damn!

Edited by AdventCloud7

I'm sure there's plenty of games on my profile I couldn't get, but I also don't care enough to try. There's only one game so far that I've gone for, that I've legitimately have been unable to do.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore - 2 Trophies. 

I've yet to be able to get the trophies for completing all of the trials, and all of the challenges. I'm stuck on Peacock's last trial. You have to do an airdash cancel, and then time the next hit perfectly, and I can't get it to connect and also finish the combo. The timing is too bizarre.

During my first trophies I thought I could have a 100% profile, then I realized that I was becoming the king of trophies bugged and I just ignored the 100% goal.

• Sleeping Dogs: me, plus something like 10 people, got a glitch which doesn't update the stats so I can't get the 100% stats gold medal, probably clothes trophy neither since the glitch is related to the "Not owned" clothes, no solutions for this
  • NBA2K14: I got it from ps+, but the dear developers closed one part of online (nba today) at half june, seriously how can you start closing servers in less than 1 year? they could include in the mode others NBA tournaments or friendly matches but nothing, so no way to get the trophy related to nba today mode (probably it was glitched too for me since when I started the game I played for fun and I won the nba today matches in more than 5 days but nothing)
  • Kingdoms of Amaleur: Reckoning: oh, damn, this is the worst game that I've ever played, maybe proteus was the worst but that wasn't too long. The reason of why I haven't the plat is simple: I don't like it, I like simple games (few things), and this game is exactly the opposite, so many things that you must focus on them instead of the gameplay
  • Vessel: it looks that I don't like games that have only enigmas, it looks that you must be an FBI detective or something like that to solve them and I don't want to follow full hours of video solutions

So I don't do all games that I don't like, but I'll do SF4 just because is hard and Joe Danger 2 in the future, 2 games that I don't like.

Edited by VirtualNight

Wander
Can't find two other people to do the griffin trophies with

and couple of the trophies are still glitched

Godzilla 

Didn't feel like playing the game anymore

Digimon All Star Rumble
Same as Godzilla.

Think for most part I'm either too lazy to do the ridiculous requirements for some trophies or just have no motivation half the time to work on trophies. Otherwise I'd probably be up in the 100s for platinums by now.

I'll get to them eventually.