Guide of the Year Awards 2017 - Results

BlindMango

9 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Surprisingly Danganronpa V3 guide was the first one for me (And I think for Manafear too)

Oh damn, that makes it even more impressive then! You guys did great! :D As for me, the Persona 5 guide was technically my 2nd guide in terms of publishing date, although I started it when I was already like halfway through my Yakuza 0 one. We didn't do too bad for a bunch of newbie guide-writers, eh? :giggle:

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Oh damn, that makes it even more impressive then! You guys did great! :D As for me, the Persona 5 guide was technically my 2nd guide in terms of publishing date, although I started it when I was already like halfway through my Yakuza 0 one. We didn't do too bad for a bunch of newbie guide-writers, eh? :giggle:

Ahaha I suppose so.
I played the extra game modes for hours!

• Like 1

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

you did fantastically, hope to see more from you in 2018, my friend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

you did fantastically, hope to see more from you in 2018, my friend.

Thank you very much! And yeah, same to you! :D I heard you're going to be working on a Yakuza Kiwami guide soon, so I wish you luck with that. I'll be looking forward to the end result. :)

• Like 1

Oh my goodness! 

How unexpected and really surprising! Hopefully this guide will attract even more attention to such a great Indie puzzler (The Witness).

I have to say how grateful I am to Mango and the guide team, Sly, everyone who was involved in this process and any and all sources that helped in my research. 

Get around The Witness peoples!

Also, huge congratulations for the other winners. Both the Danganropa and P5 guides are so EXTENSIVE. I've seen print-published guides with far less detail. Congratulations on your dedication and the well-deserved recognition.

Edited by GonzoWARgasm
Added final paragraph
  • Like 3

I'm very surprised Persona 5 didn't win. But I have to say congratulations to the Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Trophy Guide by GoldenDevilGamer, ManaFear, and PixelatedPortal for winning this year. I haven't played any of the games that won guide of the year this year, but by having quick looks into each guide, the effort that went into them definitely shows. What I do have to say is that I'm surprised that each winner got $300 each, as I was thinking if there were multiple people who won, the money would be split among them, I'd say it is probably more fair to do that but I guess the guide team saw how much work each person put into their respective guide and decided it was worth giving everyone the full amount. Looks like this year's goal should be to write as many guides as possible for anime related games :D

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1