Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

On 28/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, Bumperklever said:

Now that I finally am able to activate gonespy (and tested it with bulletstorm to confirm that it works) I can say that:

MK 9 (PS3) [latest version] doesn't seem to recognize that my gonespy is active. I actually pretty logical since an update probably migrated the servers to something less stellar.

MK 9 (PSVita) Instead of crashing my game it now says the message "the network connection to your playstation vita system has been lost".

Is it official then that PsVita version is not working with GoneSpy then?

On 29/3/2020 at 6:28 AM, Surgical_Assault said:

Ive got everything up and running but now the ps3 wont conect through the pc ip ive followed the troubleshooting section but still nothing.

EDIT: Got everything working just needed to tweak some of the txt files and it seemed to be working!

With which game?

1 minute ago, Bumperklever said:

As it is noticing my gonespy running and reacting to it by actually displaying a message. I am 100% sure that gonespy in its current state won't work. 

Ok thanks for that. We need to wait for an eventual update of the software I guess. Maybe as someone reported on the thread they’re trying to get it to the same capacity as gamespy used to work. There’s still hope

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9.6.2020 at 4:00 AM, DeepEyes7 said:

So, no hope for MK vs DC?

Did anyone tried this?

I would love to get online done there :P

Does maybe Transformers Fall of Cybertron the Teletran trophy, where you have to vote your weapons works with that method as well?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Did anyone tried this?

I would love to get online done there :P

Does maybe Transformers Fall of Cybertron the Teletran trophy, where you have to vote your weapons works with that method as well?

Yeah, I would like to get the online trophies of MK vs DC =(

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Yea I'd like to know if the Transformers games would work with this? Seeing as Activision pulled the plug on those

Set up the software and test it out. Report back with your findings.

• Like 2

On 06/07/2020 at 0:15 AM, royal642award said:

I wish gonespy worked with homefront. Thats the game i would most like to do. :( Only the leaderboards were with gonespy? So what would it take to get the ranked play and matchmaking working again? Damn THQ for this...

This. It's promising that Gonespy lets you into the server. The matchmaking needs to be implemented and it's unsure if that would need the private key or not (the same key preventing entry to games where you can't even get on like Midnight club for instance). If matchmaking doesn't need that then Homefront is technically probably possible right now but we won't know until it's attempted.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, matchi15 said:

originally i had the same error as @fastflowdaman in deadwood, which was 'Fatal error in dwood3rc file on line 19 incomplete last line'. we didn't know how to solve this, but after a few days of searching and messaging @fastflowdaman messaged me saying he got it working and that he had found out the file needed another line underneath to finish line 19 properly. had we been knowledgeable in this sort of thing it would probable been obvious. 

Thanks for posting your solution for others. How did you get the dwood3rc.txt file? When I right-click and "Save As" in my browser on the link to it from the guide, the file has a line under line 19

1 minute ago, NeM2k2 said:

Thanks for posting your solution for others. How did you get the dwood3rc.txt file? When I right-click and "Save As" in my browser on the link to it from the guide, the file has a line under line 19

I clicked on the link in the guide which opens the text window, then i copy and pasted the text to a new notepad document and saved it with the correct name and as a .txt document. maybe that is were me and a few others have gone wrong. copy and pasting isn't copying the last 'blank' line. 

13 minutes ago, matchi15 said:

I clicked on the link in the guide which opens the text window, then i copy and pasted the text to a new notepad document and saved it with the correct name and as a .txt document. maybe that is were me and a few others have gone wrong. copy and pasting isn't copying the last 'blank' line. 

Ah that explains it then!

I'll try adding an extra comment line at the end so the copy-pasters don't get caught it by this

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...