Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

I've wrongly put fifa 20 in my trophy list but with no trophiy gain, so I eliminated it from my ps4 profile. The problem is that it stills in my "psn profile" account and even I've hided from the profile in the recap of the profile it figures as an uncompleted game. I know it's a stupid problem but I've bought the premium profile and i'm a completionist that cares to complete every single game so I really want to delete it from my profile, how can i do?

Edit: problem solved, the system deleted the game trophies automatically

Edited by MarioGiante

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 4:07 PM, ladynadiad said:

I'd only support it if it were limited to Sony employees for the use of cleaning up compromised profiles.   Any user being able to delete their trophies has too much room for problems, especially if it can't be undone.

From a security perspective this would make the most sense. Answer a few questions just to make sure that its not a hacker calling etc. Plus with how busy it would be it would probably create actual jobs, which is always an awesome thing, especially now more than ever. 

On 5/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, TheYuriG said:

Silly you to think that would be the case. If they wanted to go clean, they can always start a new account. They would just delete bad lists and redo them in a way they wouldn't get caught. The process would just repeat itself over and over again until they eventually got so smart they would be able to hack without getting caught. We already have the recurring issue of people making new accounts and recopying non-caught lists over to their new accounts while leaving behind the ones they got flagged on.

Plus, after all, your trophy list is your gaming history, you just don't delete your past. Would you delete your times with everyone you have been with, just because you didn't work out? Your failures are meant to make you stronger and smarter. Removing that is also removing a part of you.

You really take too serious this, don't you?

I don't care either they doit or not but if they did I would totally love to delete the 0% list in my backlog cause I don't see the point of having those there but the ones I have 1% they stay those are part of my history also if hackers or no hackers people want to do a clean start again if that don't affect me be my guess.

14 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

You really take too serious this, don't you?

I don't care either they doit or not but if they did I would totally love to delete the 0% list in my backlog cause I don't see the point of having those there but the ones I have 1% they stay those are part of my history also if hackers or no hackers people want to do a clean start again if that don't affect me be my guess.

You can delete 0% trophy lists

• Like 1

The only time I've ever wanted to delete a trophy was because of missing timestamps. It screwed up my milestones on this site but I simply hid enough to get it back to how I had it. If I never used this site or it didn't have milestones I wouldn't have cared about the missing timestamps and never would've cared to want to delete trophies.

16 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

People talking about its your gaming history. Shut the fuck up! Its down to what people want. If it was there and you wanted to use it, then use it, of not then don't. Coming into a thread about wanting a trophy delete and then arguing against it like some bastard who thinks they have the right to tell others how it should be need to fuck right off. 

That leaderboard validation.  It’s a scary thing...?

I wish SONY would do something easier, like...make/insist developers to adjust trophy lists once servers/trophy-connected website has been been terminated.  They could make a little asterisk by the trophy title list or something to indicate that this is an amended list, I’m alright with that.  But give people the chance to platinum/100% a game, after the servers are down.  It just makes sense...?

To me, anyways...?

• Like 1

Can your brother or wife delete your trophies cause you dont treat your family members good? What will you do? - Dear Sony support, my GTA 5 trophy list was deleted by mistake. Please return me my hard earnt trophies

Edited by MARlNERO

18 minutes ago, MARlNERO said:

Can your brother or wife delete your trophies cause you dont treat your family members good? What will you do? - Dear Sony support, my GTA 5 trophy list was deleted by mistake. Please return me my hard earnt trophies

Treat your family good and you won't have that issue?

Or put a passcode on your profile. Pretty sure you can require a password to access it.

4 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

From a security perspective this would make the most sense. Answer a few questions just to make sure that its not a hacker calling etc. Plus with how busy it would be it would probably create actual jobs, which is always an awesome thing, especially now more than ever. 

I wouldn't support anyone just calling in and requesting a trophy list deleted though.  Only Sony employees when dealing with a compromised account that had trophies earned by the hacker.

So process would be more like user calls in and reports their account was compromised.  Case gets handed over to a team that specifically handles those cases who determines if the account was indeed compromised (because yes, hackers will use these reports to attempt to steal accounts too) and then has to regain control.  The employee who handles the case would be able to remove any trophies earned by the hacker as part of the cleanup, if that is necessary, like they would handle stuff like changing the email, resetting password, refunding any purchases made, etc.  Sony likely already has a team that does this, so it would just be adding one more thing they can do to clean up a profile because as far as I know right now nothing can be done to remove trophies earned by a hacker.

I don't support people being to call or chat in and request trophy removal because it would be too easy for people who are familiar with the person to answer those verification questions too.  It's sadly not uncommon for exes to call in to support lines, be able to verify just fine and do nasty things to an account because they are mad about a messy breakup/divorce.  It's also just as possible for a hacker to get a hold of information that would allow them to verify the account is theirs.  Some people give out their personal info a bit too readily on social media and that doesn't even get into how many fall for phishing scams.  No amount of security is truly going to be 100% perfect because the users are always the weakest link in security.

The only reason that I would want the ability to delete trophies, is so I could have the fun/rush of earning them again. I’ve got the plat on ‘Dead by Daylight‘. It was great, it gave me a reason to play the different killers to get their individual trophies. Now that I’ve got all the killer trophies I struggle to want to play as them again, but if I could re-earn them it would give me a goal to aim for again with each killer. 

Granted it’s not a hard plat to achieve, but it was always fun getting a random trophy for downing a survivor or escaping a killer.

But as for trying to delete trophies just to have a 100% profile? That’s just sad, your trophy list shows your earlier interests in gaming and it’s like a path you took to become the gamer you are today. It shows where you may have changed your mind about a specific genre of games and evolved towards an entirely different style of game. 

It’s your history and you can’t change the past, it just shows that your hiding from it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carter12008 said:

its a bad idea all around. Imaging working so hard on your completions only to log in and realize someone hacked into your account and deleted all your trophies.

Imaging someone hacking into your account and purchasing thousands of € worth of games.

Easy, make multiple security layers, f.e., security code sent to your mobile phone and/or hidden questions.

Additionally: trophies can be recovered within an alloted time by contacting support.

Edited by BlackTorito

1 hour ago, carter12008 said:

its a bad idea all around. Imaging working so hard on your completions only to log in and realize someone hacked into your account and deleted all your trophies.

to be fair... someone could hack your account and either a) add several unobtainable games with exactly one trophy earned or b ) cfw some timestamps and get you thrown off the leaderboards anyway...

• Like 1

People want to have all games 100% and dont want to have mark "Hidden trophies" in their profiles. Psnprofiles can help players (remove mark Hidden trophies from your profile). New VIP subscription. Buy VIP uppgrade and you ll be allowed to remove your 1% trophy lists here

• Like 1

Deleting from that persons console sure, but the info should always be available on Sony’s end so correct rarity can be shown (and hopefully other stats if they bother to revamp the system for PS5).

I’d never dream of deleting a trophy, they are a nice record of my play history I can look over and remember both the great and terrible games.

If I were Sony I'd give the illusion of deleted trophy lists and it would be a bit like hiding games.

For example give the user the option to delete the trophy list (the game would have to be un-installed first), if you confirm it the game would appear to be deleted from your trophy list, you would never see it and your stats would be adjusted accordingly.

What would really happen is the game would have a flag applied in the background but it would still be there. Why? If the user was to then re-install the game, the trophy list would re-appear as it had before, all timestamps remain intact.

This stops the obvious problems where people would start complaining because they'd lost a trophy list for good (we know this would be a massive problem), stops the problem of having a save file, restarting the game and potentially having trophies auto-popping or at the least trophies appearing out of sequence, cheated trophy timestamps will still remain.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

I will look how to doit then! Thank you very much :)

If you only care about PSNP, you can also just hide them by going to psnprofile.com, clicking your username, click settings, and then it's a checkbox. (0% list also does not impact your overall completion rate) 

Theres a couple of issiues with this.

1.It would destory the trophy raity.

Everyone would just delete the a whole trophy list as soon as they get stressed out.

You wouldnt even know if a trophy is actully hard or not anymore. Making going for ultra Rares entirely ponitless.

2.It would complenty do away with intergy.

Now I understand ppl have a right to do with whatever they want with thier profiles.

But lets be honest, if you were to allow anyone to make thier acount look or seem anyway they want, all you be doing is just leting a batch of ppl walk around on here with fake profile.

Ppl do this already, but now they could do it and no one would know.

Worse yet, ppl with genuine acounts would all just bend in too, cus as far as you know they could be fakes as well.

Im sorry but I know were headed trwods a soicality that wants to feel like we have the right to do or be what ever we please.

But that very kind of mentity is what would make being on this site worthless.

Like what is the point of achiving a unltra trophy or a high % on a profile if you get to desides when you want to.

Thier rules in place for a reason

Kinda like any goal worth seeking, if thier is no risks, or unknowns, then what are you really achiving? 

"If you dare nothing,
then when the day is over,
nothing is all you will have gained."

I don't want the option to delete trophies as there'd always be a risk that some of my trophies could be deleted (even with 2 factor authentication, strong unique password etc) and I don't think it's worth the potential hassle it could cause for Sony when we already have a very similar feature (hiding the trophies). For those that do want it, rather than 'deleting' I'd suggest changing the 'hide' feature so that it moves the trophy list to an archive folder and deducts the points from your PSN level. Essentially the same as being able to delete a list but you can still access it to undo if you need to.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:35 PM, Kittet3 said:

to be fair... someone could hack your account and either a) add several unobtainable games with exactly one trophy earned or b ) cfw some timestamps and get you thrown off the leaderboards anyway...

they could but thats their fancy. i am not worried about the leaderboards as i could care less if i was the first or last. I just use this site for completion not how gets what. But i see what you mean.