PSA: Adventure Time/Finn Games Delisting 3/31/2018

Kishnabe

That's really unfortunate- the games were really good, especially considering how awful licensed games are usually. I would have thought more about picking up the PS3 version when it was on sale if I knew they were being removed.

Edit to add: I'm happy they are giving us a heads up this time. I believe this is the same company that removed "Monster High" with no warning a few months ago.

Edited by Kittet3

is the vita version of secret of the namless kingdom have a physical version, since not on the Australian store only PS3 version is which i already have and i know that the investigation games and explore the dungeon both have physical versions 

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Stuff like this is why I prefer physical games so much. It's a shame stuff like this can happen with digital content.

What? All stores delist games when they sales slow down. Physical or digital. If that wasn't true, I could still go to Walmart and pick up Final Fantasy 3 lol.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

None of these games will be lost forever. They all exist physically - though the Vita physical version of Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is Japan only. Better buy it now though, 99 cents beats 40+ for the import.

Actually the English version of the vita will be lost forever the Japanese physical copy has a separate trophy list and it’s all in Japanese. So if you want to actually understand the game your only option is the digital vita version which is only a buck and has been for quite awhile it’s awesome they announced it. I saw it posted over at .org and wonder where he saw the actual notice 

• Like 1

Announcements like this make owning a digital all collection extremely risky.

I don't plan on getting these games since they never appealed to me, but for those who are interested better get them now.

Because the only way to obtain these games otherwise, like The Simpsons Arcade and X-Men, is to game share them with someone.

And game sharing is against the rules of this website.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't plan on getting these games since they never appealed to me, but for those who are interested better get them now.

Because the only way to obtain these games otherwise, like The Simpsons Arcade and X-Men, is to game share them with someone.

Nope, you can obtain all these physically EXCEPT the only one in jeopardy is the Vita version and there would be no way possible to game share that since your vita is locked to your account so come April 1st you better have bought it or your never playing the English vita version

i'm glad i picked both investigations up at the time when i had other choices. guess i really need to get the nameless kingdom for ps3 before it goes away.

edit: i might be able to toss that in on next weeks sale even if i have to give up 10$ because the retail version is 13$ plus shipping cost = 17$ at the mininum.

Edited by kingdrake2

1 hour ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I think he meant because you can still buy the game used

Yeah, but these games can still be bought used. This is just one retailer removing it from their stock like every other retailer that doesn't carry used games. There's 0 physical vs digital debate to be had here lol.

4 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

What? All stores delist games when they sales slow down. Physical or digital. If that wasn't true, I could still go to Walmart and pick up Final Fantasy 3 lol.

But you can find a copy of Final Fantasy 3 at used games store, online, borrow from a friend, etc... Physical copies will always be available. When something digital is delisted you no longer have a chance to ever get it unless if you've previously downloaded it. Go try and buy legend of Korra right now? You can't. But you can easily get a copy of any physical game that retail stores don't sell anymore.

I don't even get what you're trying to argue lol.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

These Adventure Time games look very comparable to The Little Acre. I know The Little Acre was a point and click game, but I don't know if the Investigations game is a point and click.

Investigations is a point and click, more comparable to something like Monkey Island, Broken Age, or Grim Fandango. I've never played little acre cause I refuse to have a platinum something like that, but it seems like a very bare bones crappy adventure game. I Platinumed investigations when I had PS Now, it's a pretty enjoyable game, granted I'm a fan of Adventure Time.

54 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Investigations is a point and click, more comparable to something like Monkey Island, Broken Age, or Grim Fandango. I've never played little acre cause I refuse to have a platinum something like that, but it seems like a very bare bones crappy adventure game. I Platinumed investigations when I had PS Now, it's a pretty enjoyable game, granted I'm a fan of Adventure Time.

Investigations is pretty fun mystery point and click. Certainly more interesting if you are a fan of the show.

The Little Acre is also a great game. Short and beautiful. Also of the point and click variety. To each their own, but it's a shame to skip out on a pretty good game, specially if you are a fan of the genre. Come to think of it, most of these games are quite short.

Edited by blu3st4rdust305
Incomplete

All I can say is good riddance because all of these games are garbage and even though they can be some easy platinums the games have just so many problems. I hated everyone of them and I wished it was over the entire playtime. If it wasn't for the trophies I wouldn't play these games for more than 10 mins. I could name dozen of problems with each game but i don't think anyone wants to read that. So with all that being said me not liking these games is my opinion so if you like them don't let me stop you also don't get angry at me because i'm fine with your believes and thoughts on this series even those I don't agree. 

Also some of you may be looking forward to the new adventure game called Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion that is coming out but i'm not. It most likely will be an easy platinum but will be just as bad as the other games        

Edited by dragon11gggg

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Why? As long as you buy them before they are delisted you are fine. They are in your library forever (or at least until Sony decides to shut down the download servers for whatever system), even if they are delisted. 

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Game sharing is illegal on psnprofiles? But why? I of course never have gameshared but for curiosity sake's,why?

9 hours ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

Actually the English version of the vita will be lost forever the Japanese physical copy has a separate trophy list and it’s all in Japanese. So if you want to actually understand the game your only option is the digital vita version which is only a buck and has been for quite awhile it’s awesome they announced it. I saw it posted over at .org and wonder where he saw the actual notice 

Well time to learn Japanese.

4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

But you can find a copy of Final Fantasy 3 at used games store, online, borrow from a friend, etc... Physical copies will always be available. When something digital is delisted you no longer have a chance to ever get it unless if you've previously downloaded it. Go try and buy legend of Korra right now? You can't. 

When did they de-list korra? Glad I bought it on sale last year then ?