Online Servers Shutting Down October 10, 2018

Suminya

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I just checked the Add-On DLC and Sony has already pulled the expansions from PSN store. Crazy! I just bought all three this morning too. 

They're still in the EU store, but you have to search for "far east", "big city" and "arctic". They don't show up when searching for ModNation.

Crap.  Looks like I need to get back on this.  If it's true that the PS5 is coming next year, I'm going to more or less miss out on the PS4 altogether (I've only played a fraction of the games available for it). 

Everybody who are thinking about going for this, the grind for level 30 might seem daunting, but it's very manageable to finish before July 10th. I grinded away using multiple alternate accounts and did it in about two-three weeks (while going to work during the days). 

Boring and borderline psychotic? Yes, but not at all impossible.

Message me if you have any questions regarding the platinum. Good luck everyone.

Edited by Intresseklubben
  • Like 2

Of course. Fucking Sony man. They pulled the DLC already... and I needed the Far East pack. Looks like GS is the only way. 

18 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Lame-o's. This isn't boosting. How do they expect people to get the Platinum if they don't download stuff?

Downloading your own mods with your own dummy accounts is boosting.

These people don't really care about trophies. They care about the actual game.

38 minutes ago, Nemesis_WM said:

The UK DLCs will work with an NA account?

You can play any game (including the DLC for it) from any region on any region's account, however the region of the DLC must match the region of the game, otherwise the game won't be able to recognise it.

(I think there was only ever 1 game that was region locked and I think it was a Persona game)

I don't know why they have to take the DLC away. The expansions had optional online additions. I'm glad I got the majority of the PlayStation characters (minus Killzone :( ), Flo from progressive (my favorite), and the quick unlock of everything along with the main expansions, but I planned on buying the rest of the DLC. It was still up yesterday. It's sad that it's gone and others can't enjoy it.

Edited by dottyduke1

The following paragraph has been added to the store description, it confirms that the game will still be playable offline after the shutdown:

You will no longer be able to access the multiplayer modes or use the online features for ModNation™ Racers on PlayStation®3 from 10 July 2018. Offline single player mode is still accessible. You can still make your own content, but cannot share your creations with other online players.

• 3 weeks later...

good news! server shutdown delayed to october 10th, 2018!

PS3 – ModNation Racers

Multiplayer and all online features for this product will be terminated, and this game will no longer be playable from 10th October 2018.

that gives us more time to get the platinum and savor the game's final days...

...i'm not crying! t-there's just sand in my eyes!

Edited by blue_blur_98

It blows when a game's online multiplayer server gets shutdown for good.

When I saw the title of the game, I could have sworn I've seen it in a trophy-esque YouTube Video. Never-the-less, my memory served right...