“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Nice to see a few more people reach platinum rank. Keep it up!

Monthly Summary:

October

Games Completed by Participant:

damage_6-9: 3 games

Fanatixa1: 1 game

Gretchen27: 2 games

Hurricane_Tanya: 1 game

Ich1994-1994: 1 game

JayDeLosDioses: 2 games

Psy-Tychist: 4 games

Summers_day122: 2 games

Total: 

16 games (-3)

Oldest Game Completed: Doctor Who and the eternity Clock (Vita) [10 years, 11 months] Ich1994-1994

Youngest Game Completed: Nexomon [6 months, 3 weeks] Gretchen27         

Rarest Platinum: Project Cars (1.72%) JayDeLosDioses

Rarest 100%: NONE

Absolute Rarity: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (8.18%)  Summers_day122

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Since we're nearing the end of the year, I'm going to clean up the OP a bit with an active check. For the following participants, no games have been submitted for several months or more, please let me know if you're still interested in being part of the event. No response by the end of the month & you'll be moved to inactive & can rejoin later.

Please move me to inactive. I thought I'd have completed at least one game by now, but it didn't work out the way I thought it would. I'm still interested, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess. Sorry about that.

I'll rejoin at a later date and hopefully do better next time.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Since we're nearing the end of the year, I'm going to clean up the OP a bit with an active check. For the following participants, no games have been submitted for several months or more, please let me know if you're still interested in being part of the event. No response by the end of the month & you'll be moved to inactive & can rejoin later.

@Annoyingtiger888

@Berendsapje 

@be_minor

@Depence

@Fnee2000

@IGUnique

@J-HOOOPPPEE

@JourneySilvers

@kissoon32 (can't get it to@)

@Lojtana

@maxfighter23___

@Mr-ttaM

@Pieroluc

@Prometheous101

@REAPER4536 

@ShogunCroCop

@viech54

I got caught up in the post-Covid socials, so I haven't had much time to play games. With that being said, I plan on rejoining the event, but I don't mind if I've moved to inactive until I post an update :D

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 4:57 PM, Gretchen27 said:

The event is continuous, there is no start or end time. Meaning all are welcome to join year round. Note: games will begin to count toward completion within the month joined, games do not count from before.

Does this mean if I completed something on the 7th of December,but signed up 2 weeks after that would count?

I have 2 games that fit the criteria depending on the answer.

Edit: I mean ,I have more ,just that these 2 I am not sure about.

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 1

I need some clarification on the Accomplish Type Section.

I recently finished Call of Duty: Black Ops. I already had the Platinum and every other trophy.

I obtained my last trophy. Would I list that as a DLC completion or as a 100% & Platinum completion.

Also, for something like Cuphead. I completed it within a week, but then DLC was added 9 months later. Would I consider my completion of the DLC which resulted in having every trophy now as a DLC completion or as a 100% & Platinum completion?

Hopefully that made... *some* sense.

Thanks.

Edited by OmegaRejectz

13 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I need some clarification on the Accomplish Type Section.

I recently finished Call of Duty: Black Ops. I already had the Platinum and every other trophy.

I obtained my last trophy. Would I list that as a DLC completion or as a 100% & Platinum completion.

Also, for something like Cuphead. I completed it within a week, but then DLC was added 9 months later. Would I consider my completion of the DLC which resulted in having every trophy now as a DLC completion or as a 100% & Platinum completion?

Hopefully that made... *some* sense.

Thanks.

So for both of those, because you had the Plat before the completion of everything, they would both be classed as DLC completions.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 8:27 AM, JayDeLosDioses said:

Somehow the game is fun to play

Aaaaaaand the fun is gone - haven't even started Forgotten Saga yet.

I like the concept of the mastery challenges, I really do. But the execution is just so bad.

1. First of all, and that seems to be a problem with the PS4 version or a new patch, when I failed a challenge and reset it, the "world items" like explosive pots, mushrooms, arrows and so on don't respawn, unless I restart a second time or choose it again from the selection screen, so either way, every fail results in two loading screens. Can't remember having that problem when I did them the first time.
  2. It sucks that the skills tree of your characters matters for this, you get handcrafted builds for this specific challenge, can't change the difficulty or anything and yet somehow, the points you invested in your normal game matter. I had to take a few detours for some extra levels because my burn and poison damage wasn't high enough to one cycle the enemies, but leaving them just low enough so every other hit would kill them.
  3. In some challenges you don't play the challenge, you either play the stupid AI or the map. I had enemies jump to their death because they wanted to inspect something, run halfway across the map to burn themselves to death, all the fun stuff.
  4. RNG - there's a stealth challenge in the second set where you have to kill 4 targets with indirect kills, 2 of them are easy, they can be crushed with fallen objects, the other two suck, one of them stand right next to explosive fire pots BUT from my experience (and I do have all the fire and poison upgrades unlocked now) he doesn't die 50% of the time, 1 fire tick missing. The other can be killed with wild animals but sometimes he just kills all the animals before they get him. Thankfully there's an urn you can throw on him, but that's still a bit risky without being detected
  5. The final three challenges are just the boss gauntlet again, there's no creativity, just the same with challenges straped on, it would have been great if they would have allowed you to try them the first time you enter and not after completing the "story" of the small dlc.

Decided to max out Eivor first before going into Forgotten Saga, don't know if points matter there but don't want to risk it.

Not sure about the three missing gold medals yet, the stealth and archery ones are doable I guess, the archery stuff is easier doing early anyway, but the boss fight in the melee challenge is either scaled or set 50 levels above me, so I might come back later for that one.

And maybe the fun comes back in England now. Also the last Valhalla post until I'm done with the game, so prepare for a rant about Forgotten Saga and the fallen tombs or whatever they're called in a few weeks :D 

On another note, anyone of you willing to be the middle man for me in Dead Island? I need to transfer items between my characters for the arena and there's no shared storage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

Happy to be of help with Dead Island for you. Will be available Thursday & Friday if that suits... work gets in the way before then.

Thursday works best, working from home that day. Just msg me on psn when you're ready, I'm online afk farming the Chivlary 2 wins anyway. Should be quick if I get the solo dupe to work, I suck at those things. If not I might need to restore my savefile a few times.

Thank you! 

Edited by JayDeLosDioses
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Aaaaaaand the fun is gone - haven't even started Forgotten Saga yet.

I like the concept of the mastery challenges, I really do. But the execution is just so bad.

1. First of all, and that seems to be a problem with the PS4 version or a new patch, when I failed a challenge and reset it, the "world items" like explosive pots, mushrooms, arrows and so on don't respawn, unless I restart a second time or choose it again from the selection screen, so either way, every fail results in two loading screens. Can't remember having that problem when I did them the first time.
  2. It sucks that the skills tree of your characters matters for this, you get handcrafted builds for this specific challenge, can't change the difficulty or anything and yet somehow, the points you invested in your normal game matter. I had to take a few detours for some extra levels because my burn and poison damage wasn't high enough to one cycle the enemies, but leaving them just low enough so every other hit would kill them.
  3. In some challenges you don't play the challenge, you either play the stupid AI or the map. I had enemies jump to their death because they wanted to inspect something, run halfway across the map to burn themselves to death, all the fun stuff.
  4. RNG - there's a stealth challenge in the second set where you have to kill 4 targets with indirect kills, 2 of them are easy, they can be crushed with fallen objects, the other two suck, one of them stand right next to explosive fire pots BUT from my experience (and I do have all the fire and poison upgrades unlocked now) he doesn't die 50% of the time, 1 fire tick missing. The other can be killed with wild animals but sometimes he just kills all the animals before they get him. Thankfully there's an urn you can throw on him, but that's still a bit risky without being detected
  5. The final three challenges are just the boss gauntlet again, there's no creativity, just the same with challenges straped on, it would have been great if they would have allowed you to try them the first time you enter and not after completing the "story" of the small dlc.

Decided to max out Eivor first before going into Forgotten Saga, don't know if points matter there but don't want to risk it.

Not sure about the three missing gold medals yet, the stealth and archery ones are doable I guess, the archery stuff is easier doing early anyway, but the boss fight in the melee challenge is either scaled or set 50 levels above me, so I might come back later for that one.

And maybe the fun comes back in England now. Also the last Valhalla post until I'm done with the game, so prepare for a rant about Forgotten Saga and the fallen tombs or whatever they're called in a few weeks :D 

On another note, anyone of you willing to be the middle man for me in Dead Island? I need to transfer items between my characters for the arena and there's no shared storage.

Uff…looking at my unfinished ps5 valhalla list….I was not motivated for it already^^ I think I will skip ps4 version after that^^

Small break from Valhalla and thanks to @damage_6-9 I have fully completed the PS4 version of Dead Island.

The one thing that annoyed me and made me stop both times I've picked the game up earlier is that you don't get stronger, at least it doesn't feel like it.

But that's a complaint I have in most games with scaling enemies.

Anyway, back to England

• Like 2