Camp Wannalottaplat

Woooohoooooooo let's go marthfarkers Cabin 5 baby all the way. Congrats to Inuty for leading the charge. Sorry I have been MIA but csnt keep a trophy hunter down. Now @SquidBaronet I missed your Ni No Kuni post today, cmon man I'm living that game through you while I deal with the daily grind of BS. Ride the wave man it's a great game do it, play it love it. Fock the haters well not Shana cause well just no. 

Now there has been a wall of text in here and since I have opened the scotch E3 woooohooooo, love it. 5 days off  bring it. Bought another round of games on the store love it. Heck love it all. Who doesn't right. Let's go let's go. 

Camp is in session and it's time to play ................

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Cabin #1 I'm sorry for my lack of updates but the company I work for send me on a bussines trip ? but I will be plating more games this weekend, hope everyone is having fun completing your lists.

All is good!  We've got plenty of time to get those games platted!

On 6/7/2018 at 3:13 AM, Shana Alter said:

Betraying would mean you have people's trust correct?

Yes, but I wasn't being literal. I was hinting at the chapters I have completed and this was completing Chapter 7. If you play the game yourself, you would know what that was about. :)

And are you implying that nobody trusts me?

On 6/7/2018 at 4:57 AM, cjshaitan said:

I am quite enjoying your daily reports on Ni No Kuni 2. Great to see you are enjoying it so much.

Thanks. I really really want everyone to play this game, or at least complete the main story because it is so deep.

Day 7:

• Became a king.

Ni no Kuni 2: 61%

So I finally completed the story and defeated the final boss... sadly, I can't show a screenshot because Level 5 decided to put a sharing block on the game during the final battle so you can't take screenshots so there's no screenshot for Chapter 9's completion, which sucks as it was a really awesome scene too...

Spoiler

Roland returns to his own time and physical age at the exact point in time as he left. I found the scene where they showed Roland's son, just before you enter the castle of Allegoria, to be the creepiest piece of nightmare fuel ever. Eyes melting before the boy crumbled to nuclear dust was the creepiest thing ever. And when Roland was pulled back, he told Evan that he didn't care if there was nothing but death and despair where he was going. Fallout 4 Crossover, anyone? ;) But it was all right, it was just fireworks at the end.

Also, in my honest opinion, while TV Tropes said that Tani would become Queen of Evermore and marry Evan to birth Ferdinand, that's really not canon because we never see any information in the game eluding that Tani married Evan. The only reason people assume that is because Tani is the same age as Evan and Lofty set up that fake engagement proposal scene in Hydropolis to get everyone arrested. (And there was a Leafbook entry about that and Li Li got speculation and Tani refuted it saying "Do you really think I'd ever marry Evan?" :P In my opinion, Ferdinand's mom could have been anyone, but we do know she wasn't inhuman as I agree with TV Tropes that Ferdinand's bloodline was infused with 80% human blood since Evan was half-human anyways. Ah, I could go on and on but this is not the place to discuss Ni no Kuni's blood lineage. xD

So no I am in the "game clear" save and working to get the last nine citizens so I can finally upgrade the castle to its maximum level. I only have a few trophies left. Here are all of the trophies I earned for getting the max number of tasks completed:

• Tripple Threat: My 50th trip door was in the Caldera, which was near the shrine where I got the story goblet.
  • Royal Treasurer: My 200th chest opened was one in the Old Well in Ding Dong Dell, during Chapter 8.
  • Knight Errand: I don't remember when I cleared my 200th errand, but the screenshot showed it was for trading in some high tide shells and I earned it in Hydropolis.
  • Superpower: Earned it the instant I built my second-to-last facility in Evermore, which I got after recruiting a fat mouse woman in Ding Dong Dell, and that pushed me over 70 million influence. Let's face it, the game gate-locks your progress towards trophies and forces you to clear chapters in the story, so don't expect to get all of these trophies early! ?
  • Weapon Whizz: I think my 50th weapon forged was a Cuttyfalchion.
  • Armor Ace: Surprisingly, the 50th "armor" I crafted wasn't anything of the sort, it was a Necklace of Insight. I have just gotten the Necklace of Enlightment and it's staying on Evan like a boss. :)

And now what I have to do: (Put it in a spoiler tag because it has a lot of images)

51Mc7b7e3.pngDreamer's Doors cleared: 6 out ot 10

29M9f1594.pngTainted Monsters: 43 out of 50
(The only tainted monsters that aren't locked behind quests are that f'king beeftank dragon Storme, Boarserker, and the momshroom that gives you the Ni no Kuni 1 clothes that Oliver wore as a costume for Evan[I got his third outfit from a rat dude]; I've unlocked the tainted monster that lets you headhunt Sinturi.)

27M268418.pngMonsters Slain: 1962 out of 2000 (I need to stop dodging blue-titled monsters as I really need those kills :()

30M36bbc9.pngOrbs gathered: 405 green, 369 blue, 40 gold, 342 white.... still a loooong way off

32Me40831.png As I said, I still need ten more gold glims, er, balls to awaken Evan.

34M900ce3.pngSongbooks found: I don't know if the music already in the Symponium counts but it says 20, though I only see five.

37Mfa5609.pngSubjects in the kingdom: 91; had to beat the game to trigger the last nine quests to show up.

39M0db1f3.pngNumber of new dishes: 32 out of 50, though Floyd is now at Level 9 in cooking.

43M796e9c.pngHiggledies brewed: 38 out of 50. The last 12 are going to be a b**** because I need to get a lot of rare items.

22M6c604a.pngSidequests completed: 132 out of 150. These will easily be done with everything else.

Higgledy stones appeased: 24 out of 30. This will probably be the first trophy I complete because of reasons.

Right now I have only 73881 guilders. I am going to be selling every weapon, armor and rare item I own to get the quota.

Wish me luck as I rush to try to get most of these done before E3, when is when I will switch over to the other games on my list because I won't be able to finish this game during E3 because I will be paying attention to the streams of the various conferences. :P

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

Alright! Time for my Friday update.

• BIOSHOCK (PS4) - I finally reinstalled this and knocked out the last challenge room to get the 100%.
  • A WAY OUT - I played through with dount_plz. He has already posted about that so I'll just say I agree with what he said. I recommend it.
  • KINGDOM HEARTS - I'm playing through on the hardest difficulty first, so that I can play through the story without worrying about all the superfluous stuff. I have just arrived at the coliseum and talked to Phil for the first time after clearing the Alice in Wonderland planet.
  • RIPTIDE GP2 - Spent a bunch of time grinding money so I could buy one of the best vehicles. Hopefully, now that I have a good one, I can finish this off quickly.  
  • GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS - This is another game I'm working on with donut_plz and we are doing the story missions together and the rest on our own. I think we are 80%+ through all of the story missions. I spent a couple of hours yesterday working on just collectibles. I think I made a pretty good dent in what's left. Soon I will pop a bunch of trophies for finally getting all of them. I think the plat will happen before next Friday.
  • THE LAST OF US REMASTERED - Started playthrough on grounded difficulty. I just arrived in Bill's Town. I'm not looking forward to the school section.
  • OVERWATCH - I like playing McCree but it took me 13 hours on play on him (not just this week) to get his trophies checked off. My daughter and I were playing together. We've tried many times to combo McCree with Zarya's or Mei's ults and it never worked out. The way it finally happened is my daughter played Symmetra and built a teleporter behind enemy lines. With that, I was able to get behind them during their final push and with about 8 seconds left on the game clock, I let them know the time.

Untitled.pngtenor.gif

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

Another one knocked out for cabin 2. Got the plat for Conan exiles. I'll continue trying and probably failing to get killer croc to come face me in the iceberg lounge later this evening.

You will not fail. You were born to succeed. When I took on Killer Croc, I summoned a kind of power that some people can only dream of. There was literal ice flowing through my veins. I failed at like 900k on the attempt before, and I didn't even care. I had tasted blood in the water, and that was all I needed. By the time he appeared in the arena, I was foaming at the mouth, and HE was the one running scared. I don't even think he touched me. I don't even think I blinked. I just knew I'd be bathing in crocodile tears that night.

My point is... Be bad. Be bold. Be the Bat.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start The Lost Legacy. And remember what I said about a one-and-done game? Yeah. I'm not doing that bullshit of beating the game on the easiest difficulty to unlock cheats and then using those cheats to beat the game a second time on Crushing. We're going right through Crushing on our first attempt. FOR WE ARE CABIN #2, AND WE FEAR NO ENEMY.

• Like 4

Not sure if it will count for this event yet, but I Platinumed Kung Fu Panda last night. Not that bad of a game. Was expecting much worse. May be swapping out Far Cry 2 with a game with an actual bow soon (Far Cry 2 kinda sucks, anyways). Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition is now $20 on PSN, and at select retailers! Need to see if I can find a copy. Brickseek shows my local Wal-Mart having some for this price. But who knows when I can get there, and by then it may be sold out.. 

And now that it is the 8th, I have finally downloaded and can start The Last of Us Remastered. You know, if I can actually find the urge to play today. :/ Might just mess around in the multiplayer a bit. 

Edit: Lol. Nevermind. Just saw it was changed in the OP. 

Edited by Fidel
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Not sure if it will count for this event yet, but I Platinumed Kung Fu Panda last night. Not that bad of a game. Was expecting much worse. May be swapping out Far Cry 2 with a game with an actual bow soon (Far Cry 2 kinda sucks, anyways). Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition is now $20 on PSN, and at select retailers! Need to see if I can find a copy. Brickseek shows my local Wal-Mart having some for this price. But who knows when I can get there, and by then it may be sold out.. 

And now that it is the 8th, I have finally downloaded and can start The Last of Us Remastered. You know, if I can actually find the urge to play today. :/ Might just mess around in the multiplayer a bit. 

Great minds think alike, I was thinking about swapping out Metro for Horizon Zero Dawn too :)  Great heads up on the $20 deal, think it's an absolute bargain.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Great minds think alike, I was thinking about swapping out Metro for Horizon Zero Dawn too :)  Great heads up on the $20 deal, think it's an absolute bargain.

Agree about the great deals right now at PSN.  Was surprised to see such nice pricing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fidel said:

Yeah sorry. I'm kind of working on updates off and on. I was going to post when I finished all of them. 

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Considering there's no longer a discount on The Frozen Wilds, it really is. If this is going to be the new standard price for the Complete Edition, they really need to lower that. :/

22 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Yeah sorry. I'm kind of working on updates off and on. I was going to post when I finished all of them. 

No need to apologize. Just figured I'd briefly say what I thought about it, even if it wasn't. Lol.

Toogie,

I hate to keep you busy changing games but I'm going to need to drop Apotheon in favor of AC Syndicate under the Learn/ Shoot categories. Summer is just too busy to get much gaming accomplished and I've been to striving to complete the story in Syndicate before my ?? trip next week. That way I can get something on the board for my cabin so I don't appear as a complete slackey. ;)

In baseball terms, I'll be the closer for Cabin 4 come August. In the meantime, don't get too frustrated as I sit idle in the bullpen. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

Yes, but I wasn't being literal. I was hinting at the chapters I have completed and this was completing Chapter 7. If you play the game yourself, you would know what that was about. :)

And are you implying that nobody trusts me?

Thanks. I really really want everyone to play this game, or at least complete the main story because it is so deep.

Day 7:

• Became a king.

Ni no Kuni 2: 61%

So I finally completed the story and defeated the final boss... sadly, I can't show a screenshot because Level 5 decided to put a sharing block on the game during the final battle so you can't take screenshots so there's no screenshot for Chapter 9's completion, which sucks as it was a really awesome scene too...

Reveal hidden contents

Roland returns to his own time and physical age at the exact point in time as he left. I found the scene where they showed Roland's son, just before you enter the castle of Allegoria, to be the creepiest piece of nightmare fuel ever. Eyes melting before the boy crumbled to nuclear dust was the creepiest thing ever. And when Roland was pulled back, he told Evan that he didn't care if there was nothing but death and despair where he was going. Fallout 4 Crossover, anyone? ;) But it was all right, it was just fireworks at the end.

Also, in my honest opinion, while TV Tropes said that Tani would become Queen of Evermore and marry Evan to birth Ferdinand, that's really not canon because we never see any information in the game eluding that Tani married Evan. The only reason people assume that is because Tani is the same age as Evan and Lofty set up that fake engagement proposal scene in Hydropolis to get everyone arrested. (And there was a Leafbook entry about that and Li Li got speculation and Tani refuted it saying "Do you really think I'd ever marry Evan?" :P In my opinion, Ferdinand's mom could have been anyone, but we do know she wasn't inhuman as I agree with TV Tropes that Ferdinand's bloodline was infused with 80% human blood since Evan was half-human anyways. Ah, I could go on and on but this is not the place to discuss Ni no Kuni's blood lineage. xD

So no I am in the "game clear" save and working to get the last nine citizens so I can finally upgrade the castle to its maximum level. I only have a few trophies left. Here are all of the trophies I earned for getting the max number of tasks completed:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Tripple Threat: My 50th trip door was in the Caldera, which was near the shrine where I got the story goblet.
  • Royal Treasurer: My 200th chest opened was one in the Old Well in Ding Dong Dell, during Chapter 8.
  • Knight Errand: I don't remember when I cleared my 200th errand, but the screenshot showed it was for trading in some high tide shells and I earned it in Hydropolis.
  • Superpower: Earned it the instant I built my second-to-last facility in Evermore, which I got after recruiting a fat mouse woman in Ding Dong Dell, and that pushed me over 70 million influence. Let's face it, the game gate-locks your progress towards trophies and forces you to clear chapters in the story, so don't expect to get all of these trophies early! 1f611.png
  • Weapon Whizz: I think my 50th weapon forged was a Cuttyfalchion.
  • Armor Ace: Surprisingly, the 50th "armor" I crafted wasn't anything of the sort, it was a Necklace of Insight. I have just gotten the Necklace of Enlightment and it's staying on Evan like a boss. :)

And now what I have to do: (Put it in a spoiler tag because it has a lot of images)

Reveal hidden contents

51Mc7b7e3.pngDreamer's Doors cleared: 6 out ot 10

29M9f1594.pngTainted Monsters: 43 out of 50
(The only tainted monsters that aren't locked behind quests are that f'king beeftank dragon Storme, Boarserker, and the momshroom that gives you the Ni no Kuni 1 clothes that Oliver wore as a costume for Evan[I got his third outfit from a rat dude]; I've unlocked the tainted monster that lets you headhunt Sinturi.)

27M268418.pngMonsters Slain: 1962 out of 2000 (I need to stop dodging blue-titled monsters as I really need those kills :()

30M36bbc9.pngOrbs gathered: 405 green, 369 blue, 40 gold, 342 white.... still a loooong way off

32Me40831.png As I said, I still need ten more gold glims, er, balls to awaken Evan.

34M900ce3.pngSongbooks found: I don't know if the music already in the Symponium counts but it says 20, though I only see five.

37Mfa5609.pngSubjects in the kingdom: 91; had to beat the game to trigger the last nine quests to show up.

39M0db1f3.pngNumber of new dishes: 32 out of 50, though Floyd is now at Level 9 in cooking.

43M796e9c.pngHiggledies brewed: 38 out of 50. The last 12 are going to be a b**** because I need to get a lot of rare items.

22M6c604a.pngSidequests completed: 132 out of 150. These will easily be done with everything else.

Higgledy stones appeased: 24 out of 30. This will probably be the first trophy I complete because of reasons.

Right now I have only 73881 guilders. I am going to be selling every weapon, armor and rare item I own to get the quota.

Wish me luck as I rush to try to get most of these done before E3, when is when I will switch over to the other games on my list because I won't be able to finish this game during E3 because I will be paying attention to the streams of the various conferences. :P

Thanks for the update. I am still in chapter 6 but looking forward to really getting into it today/tomorrow. I am not reading your spoiler stuff at the moment (although I am itching to know how it is all going to go down) but I do have a question, I think it is spoiler free. What LVL where your characters when you finished Chapter 9 / Main Story.

Thanks again, goodluck with what you have left to do.

3 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Thanks for the update. I am still in chapter 6 but looking forward to really getting into it today/tomorrow. I am not reading your spoiler stuff at the moment (although I am itching to know how it is all going to go down) but I do have a question, I think it is spoiler free. What LVL where your characters when you finished Chapter 9 / Main Story.

I think Evan was Level 66 and everyone else was a bit lower because I had the Necklace of Enlightment(which you can only get as far as I know from killing one of the high-rank tainted monsters)

So I am going to drop the daily bullet points because it really wasn't doing much more than possibly spoiling story content for games, so I'll just stick with cut-and-dry like everyone else is doing.

Day 8:

Ni no Kuni II: 72%

Finally found the last two citizens I needed to get the trophy for all 100 citizens. I was worried that I wouldn't get the platinum because some citizens require you to complete skirmishs and the skirmish for Price's loyalty was kicking my @$$ as it was the bane of all gamers, Escort Mission X... until I found out what I was doing wrong.

Spoiler

Even Lofty states YOU NEED TO KILL THE FLIPPING HEDGEHOUNDS THAT SHOW UP OR THE ESCORTS WILL NOT MOVE AND THEY'LL GET THEIR ASSES KICKED AND YOU'LL LOSE! I was too busy skipping the dialogue in skirmishes and thought I had to kill everyone. Fun fact: Wyverns are the bane of this game in skirmishes, they take forever to kill and wipe you out with their fire breath while you are trying to kill them. Yes, there are dragons you have to fight, but even the dragons I had to fight were not as bad as those flipping Fire Wyverns!!! :(?

Anyways, I got my last citizen, Yo Ho Ho... but almost rage quit when I realized I had sold all of my weapons to try to get to 500,000 guilders and had sold off all of my prism spears. Result: Me grinding off of more flipping fire wyverns until one dropped a prisms spear. That's okay, I needed to get more orb drops anyways for Ball Boy... :(

But finally got Evermore Castle to max level(haven't seen the interior yet) and spent all of those kinguilders I had managed to end up hoarding because I couldn't upgrade everything. Now I can finally upgrade everything and start doing stuff.

Also got to the 10th Dreamer Door... and fled like a baby chicken when I saw how fast the monster levels were growing. By floor 23 they had reached Level 99! Flippin' Nora! :o And I have to kill a Level 100+ boss at the end of those 30 floors to get the Dream Big trophy. :(

Maybe it's time to do the Kingmaker rematches...

Anyways, I will get started on the other games tomorrow while watching E3 videos, but to be honest, I have no idea why I even care about the other companies when the only one i care about is...

Tales.of.Vesperia.full.146559.jpg

:oHoly Flip! They're remastering THIS GAME for PS4!!!???

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

Also got to the 10th Dreamer Door... and fled like a baby chicken when I saw how fast the monster levels were growing. By floor 23 they had reached Level 99! Flippin' Nora! :o And I have to kill a Level 100+ boss at the end of those 30 floors to get the Dream Big trophy. :(

The boss is only level 95 if you don't let the danger level increase. Also, a lot of people posted their strategies here, myself included. You probably won't need to grind too many levels if you were 66ish at the end of your game.

Edited by eigen-space