Camp Wannalottaplat

@Evil_Joker88 It's not that I don't know what to do. I just suck at platformers. Plus, this is the first game that made me hit my controller so hard my L2 button lifted off and flew to a better place - the corridor. In case you're wondering - yes, the controller survived. I disassembled it fixed the trigger and the worn off silicone and put it back together. So it's still with me. No burial needed :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aze said:

Finally had some time today, so here's 3 for cabin #6! Cheers ♪

S236ad3.png

Shoot Something - Titan Souls

S5abb2f.png

Go Hiking - イース セルセタの樹海

Ys! I love Ys! I love Ernst Adol! And I love Celceta!

S3df77f.png

Survive - Deer God

Kicking butts, bushes and big bad brownbears with survival!Bambi ☆ I'm an avid fan of Tokyo Jungle and I was hoping to end up loving this game, I did try hard to love this game and I kinda like it. What succeeded to make my bambinated experience a bit on the sour side are the following 2 issues (on VITA): 

THE BAD A) once I had finished the game once, my save was rolled back to the last save point before the final boss time and again. After progress took holidays and went camp for the seventh time (5 times I lost my postgame progress and was put back to before the final story boss, twice Bambi!Aze was suddenly put back to right after beating the final boss but before making the last important decision in the game), any confidence I had in the save system had long gone out of the window.

THE GOOD A) with a save stuck at 96% there's no need for a 2nd playthrough. Lucky Bambi being lucky.

Anyways, on to THE BAD C) block puzzles glitching out. I got stuck in the ground from time to time (and had to free Bambi in death), but some puzzles refusing to recognise that I'd solved them felt worse and took up far too much of my total time spent on the game. 

THE GOOD C) I got to be Bambi. 

...so can you! Give into Bambi! Beware of the big bad brownbears and BE THE BAMBI GOD. (Preferably so on PS4, I hear?)

Reveal hidden contents

5NBrG5.gif

Holy balls, I didn't realize you were in camp too. What are the chances:yay:

Anyways, gratz on Titan Souls! Even with save scumming that is impressive stuff right there.

Edited by Sardavanua

Y'all are making me want to play this Valiant Hearts game. I mean, I know it's supposed to be really good, but I can only play one four games at a time.

The Lost Legacy is pissing me off. (Noticing a trend with games I play?) Of all the things they had to carry over from Uncharted 4, why did it have to be the damn open world jeep section? Now you KNOW I'll be using a collectibles guide, because there's no way I'll be able to tell where I've already been.

Also, Ditto glitched out on me. I've found all the stupid toys, but the trophy won't pop. I'm going to try one more thing and IF THIS DOES NOT WORK... I'm going to quote Star Fox 64 some more.

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

(Noticing a trend with games I play?)

Definitely, you like torturing yourself. But then again, I shouldn't speak - I just got through the final Dreamer's Door in NNK2 and oh my gawd, I sued up 90% of my healing items because I was underleveled, but didn't feel like doing a level grind as it is getting close to E3.

That's about all I did, aside from completing a few quests to give alternate costumes to Roland, Leander and Tani. Also, I found the reference in-game saying that Evan might be hooking up with Tani, but it's just a off-comment from Lofty about Tani's alternate costume so it's not really that obvious. :P

Now all I have to are the following:

• Collect 6 more gold glims... ugh, BALLS!... to get 50 awakenings.
  • Complete the remainder of the skirmishes. I changed my army units so they are horribly underleveled and I need to train them up. Luckily, I think I only have two more unique skirmishes to complete.
  • Get a ton more other balls to get Ball Boy. I think I will have to go back to the 10th Dreamer's Door and just smash pots like mad to get pink orbs.
  • Get 500,000 guilders. I got 400,000+ but then spent it to upgrade Warlord's Armor so Fai Do could complete that one quest so he and Nu Bi can trigger a quest to unlock the last tainted monster besides Storme...
  • And speaking of that flippin' dragon, I have to kill him for real this time as well as the aforementioned tainted one to get that trophy.
  • And finally find two more songbooks. I hope that completing the other tasks will get those for me.

But I am going to stop for now and do a casual run of Kingdom Hearts or something while watching E3 streams of the conferences and discussion of them. Ciao for now! :D

Ni no Kuni 2: 83%

Edited by SquidBaronet

3 hours ago, Sardavanua said:

Holy balls, I didn't realize you were in camp too. What are the chances:yay:

Anyways, gratz on Titan Souls! Even with save scumming that is impressive stuff right there.

Thanks & awesome stuff to see you on the forums and having fun at camp already (*゚▽゚*) I'm a master-lurker by nature, but this is one fine community~

(After all, we got MIXED BATHING CABINS.)

6 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

just a suggestion and totally cool if it's not applied...if no one else joins the event would it be considered to add the latest members who joined to existing cabins to level out game count?...cabins 5, 6, 8, and 9 all have less than the others...also, I'd be willing to join cabin 10 and perhaps others might as well...i know this is not a comp so doesn't really matter...would just be for fun...sorry to complicate things...just an idea...thoughts?... 

I agree and have no problems with getting an 11th person in cabin #3. We can both fit in my bunk bed ;) 

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Y'all are making me want to play this Valiant Hearts game. I mean, I know it's supposed to be really good, but I can only play one four games at a time.

That's what a backlog is for :P 

And it's a relatively short game (my game time was 10 hours, and I took breaks to go to the post office, dinner, etc). It really captures your full attention, though, so be prepared to finish it in a single sitting because that's what you'll want to do.... at least the story anyway.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I completed KH Re:CoM! Yay!! :D Man, the grinding to get both characters to level 99 was very unneccessary...I don't know why they had to put a trophy in for that, I'd have been done ages ago if it wasn't for that 1f612.png Card collection kinda makes sense, but level 99 is just...bleh. Ah well. One more done for the event! :D

Congrats on finishing Re:CoM :D  I agree that the level grind is a bit much, especially for Riku!  Going from level 60 to 99 seemed to take forever

• Like 1

@Evil_Joker88 Thanks, I actually wanted to fix that damn worn off silicone for quite some time. It made it impossible to fire a sniper rifle and a shotgun in Battlefield. The Left Trigger accident made me take a risk of disassembling the cursed box of low quality plastic earlier than I expected. I was prepared for the worst after the final reassembly (yes, final, I opened and closed it several times). 

Also, I did not throw it. When I get really angry at the game I tend to hit my thigh with the left side of the controller. That's a new thing for me. I usually just cuss a lot. And I mean an "effing" lot. The left trigger did not survive 5 consecutive hits...

@Kristycism It doesn't require any force. Just a hard thigh and a few consecutive hits with pin point precision regarding the strike angle. I needed more force when disassembling the controller. Those damn L2 and R2 triggers are like an RNG, but in reality and are waaaay more annoying to convince them to let go. I wasn't sure if I could put a little more force into that. I did not want to break it beyond repair, right? Anyway, it's like new now. And I now try to not squeeze it in rage... Let's see how long will I be able to resist myself. 

1 hour ago, wolverine123 said:

The most fun part was when i had to do it with everyone except batman twice because i must've messed up in one round and not noticed. That was the most devastating feeling, to think i've finally done it only to sit 5 minutes in disbelief whilst the damn trophy doesn't pop.

Congratulations on the 100%! Same bullshit happened for me. I'm convinced the game screwed up cause I was certain I got through each unscathed. Fortunately I guessed right on the one I 'missed' and only had to do one more. It's certainly not an easy 100% so enjoy!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RockyJokerPL said:

@Evil_Joker88 It's not that I don't know what to do. I just suck at platformers. Plus, this is the first game that made me hit my controller so hard my L2 button lifted off and flew to a better place - the corridor. In case you're wondering - yes, the controller survived. I disassembled it fixed the trigger and the worn off silicone and put it back together. So it's still with me. No burial needed :D

You are pretty good at fixing things, aren't you? :)

Day 10: Dragon Quest Heroes: 5%

Spent the EA conference starting up DQH as per promised. No shooting yet but it'll come eventually. ;) Just got my @$$ handed to me by the second boss. The camera refused to let me see the stairs up to a spellcaster weapon and I was forced to fight the guy normally which didn't go well, and by the time I realized how to use the Yggy leaves, Doric and Isla did the finishing deathblow, so now Aurora(my main) is down 136 experience. :( But at least I got the Stonecloud so I am stoked. Not doing the Puff-Puffs until post-game when I get everyone including Dragon Quest's version of Sephiroth. (Sparking a debate! Who'd win in a fight, Psaro or Sephiroth? ^_^)

Can't wait to learn when Dragon Quest XI is coming out. I'd pre-order it online but I don't think my monthly bank account can take it because I just bought Monster Hunter World. Don't judge me; it was on sale.

Edited by SquidBaronet

2 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Another one done for cabin 2. The curtain has fallen,Arkham knight is now at 100% im physically and mentally drained. I dont know how long i've sat shouting and swearing at my tv everytime i take a bullshit punch or shield bash off a goon in round 4 that comes out of nowhere, or how about when a guy with a stun baton slides halfway across the room to zap me. The most fun part was when i had to do it with everyone except batman twice because i must've messed up in one round and not noticed. That was the most devastating feeling, to think i've finally done it only to sit 5 minutes in disbelief whilst the damn trophy doesn't pop. 

It does feel fantastic to finally have it at 100% I think i'll find a way to shoehorn arkham city into the next event.

I had the same problem. Had to do it with Batman and (I think) Nightwing twice, because the game told me I messed up in Round 4, even though I know I didn't. But whatever. Game was just jealous that I had bested it so easily.

Please, game. I had a harder time with the Riddler trophies than that nonsense.

I might pick up Return to Arkham, just to have another crack at Arkham City. My only concern is the mental fatigue that would come from doing all those challenges with every single character. Plus, I'd feel obligated to get the Calendar Man trophy legitimately (like I did when the game first came out), and I'm not sure I want to subject myself to the horrors I went through that year, trying to schedule my video gaming around the holidays. I remember quite a speedy ride home on the night of July 4th that year.

But I'm sure the officer understood my hurry.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

The Lost Legacy is pissing me off. (Noticing a trend with games I play?) Of all the things they had to carry over from Uncharted 4, why did it have to be the damn open world jeep section? Now you KNOW I'll be using a collectibles guide, because there's no way I'll be able to tell where I've already been.

Also, Ditto glitched out on me. I've found all the stupid toys, but the trophy won't pop. I'm going to try one more thing and IF THIS DOES NOT WORK... I'm going to quote Star Fox 64 some more.

I did lost legacy recently. You'll be in chapter 4 for a really long time. Lots of random trophies and collectibles there.

A little over halfway through my Firefly journey, so should hopefully wrap the multiplayer up tomorrow. Finished the Hunter one earlier. So far, I've been asked if I even played the story, because I "totally suck bro." And been called a moron for crouch walking. Gotta love it.

Slowly getting better, though. Had a match where my team made some kind of comeback, and I was the top scorer. And someone on the other team said they were going to come for me in the next match. Well, good luck with that, since I quit out after every completed game. :lol:

• Like 3

my first contribution to cabin #9...life is strange complete...

rather than bore with story details i'll just give a brief opinion...very easy to pick up and play although it started off a little slow...story was pretty predictable but fun nonetheless and thought provoking at times which is always a plus...a good game imo but I could see how some people might not be feeling it...this is not one you pick up for gameplay...exactly what I was looking for as a first game that fit nicely into my busy schedule...ready for something a little more intense and with online play...

borderlands pre-seq. up next...will update in a while as I'm guessing I'll be busy for a bit...another new contract starting tomorrow...yep, sunday...no rest for the wicked...I did take all day off today and worked from home yesterday so that's pretty epic...i like to think of it as my "summer vacation"...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, eigen-space said:

And it's a relatively short game (my game time was 10 hours, and I took breaks to go to the post office, dinner, etc). It really captures your full attention, though, so be prepared to finish it in a single sitting because that's what you'll want to do.... at least the story anyway.

You guys are tempting me to play it too.  I'll see if I'm still tempted by it after I'm done moving since I own it on Xbox 360 and I'd rather not go through the trouble of hooking up the 360 just to have to pack it up again in a couple of weeks.  I've already packed all my non-Playstation consoles and all the games I've not started.

I'd also need to find another category for Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms since that's my learn something one, or if Valiant Hearts fits into some other category that I don't have filled yet I could do that.  I have some others that could easily be moved around if needed.

• Like 1