What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

4 pages with no mention of Dead Cells (rougelite action platformer) and Hollow Knight (one of the best metroidvanias)? Blasphemy. I'll also throw in

- Flinthook (2d platformer/shooter with grapple hook and time manipulation mechanic)

- Hammerwatch (gauntlet style game)

- Owlboy (charming 2d platformer)

- Death's Gambit  (2d dark souls style game)

- Tesla Vs Lovecraft (fun twin stick shooter)

The Adventure Pals (cute 2d platformer)

Slayaway Camp (isometric slider puzzle game with friday the 13th aesthetic)

Hyper Light Drifter (classic legend of zelda kinda gameplay. 5589 owners but deserves to be here)

• Like 2

State of Anarchy:Master of Mayhem, a fun twin stick shooter with a hand drawn art style. Got the platinum just yesterday and other than a few grindy trophies I really enjoyed it.

It came out in August and as of today has 108 owners. 

Ys Origin ~4500 owners - Fairly fun game, if you've never played a Ys game before it'd be worth a try.

Ziggurat ~2000 owners - First person rogue-like where you're a wizard, Harry. Pretty fun.

And my most niche title of my entire games list which only cost me £0.70 at the time in a sale.

I Want To Be Human ~500 owners - Don't expect too much, but it's a fairly fun 2D platformer/shooter reminiscent of flash games a little bit but of a higher quality. Worth trying for so cheap.

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

I'd say "Planetbase" (404 owners on PSNP at the moment), I enjoyed it and it's cheap...

"Planetbase is a strategy game where you guide a group of space settlers trying to establish an outpost on a remote planet. 
In the game you play the role of the base architect and manager, telling your colonists where to build the structures they will need to survive. You will have to ensure that they have a constant supply ofoxygen, food and water to stay alive.
You will get them to collect energy, extract water, mine metal, grow food, manufacture bots, and build a fully self-sufficient base in a harsh environment, where you are always one step away from total failure."

Also "Ruiner" (3933 owners)

"Ruiner is a shooter game played from an overhead perspective. The game takes place in 2091 and is set in a cyberpunk metropolis known as Rengkok. The player takes control of a silent, masked protagonist who attempts to rescue their kidnapped brother from a failing conglomerate, known as Heaven, that controls Rengkok."

And "Q.U.B.E. 2" (283 owners).

"Q.U.B.E. 2 is the sequel to the hit first-person puzzle game Q.U.B.E. You are Amelia Cross, a stranded archaeologist who has mysteriously awoken among the sand swept ruins of an ancient alien landscape."

Edited by llljulll

On 07/12/2018 at 9:38 AM, llljulll said:

Also "Ruiner" (3933 owners)

"Ruiner is a shooter game played from an overhead perspective. The game takes place in 2091 and is set in a cyberpunk metropolis known as Rengkok. The player takes control of a silent, masked protagonist who attempts to rescue their kidnapped brother from a failing conglomerate, known as Heaven, that controls Rengkok."

I've always been tempted by that, it looks fun but I can never seem to catch it in a sale and also seeing Devolver having any kind of involvement makes me hesitant.

There's probably many I could name that I've played, but primarily Iron crypticle and horizon chase turbo come to mind. Both are excellent games.

Horizon chase turbo is a super fast racing game in a modern version of old arcade racing games similar to outrun with an amazing soundtrack.

Iron crypticle is a rouguelike twin stick shooter with excellent mechanics that is a MUST for any twin stick fan.

Interesting thread to be sure.

I'm definitely surprised to see Cat Quest with less that 5,000 owners. Shame at that. It was fun.

I'll also go with the Nightmares from the Deep trilogy and the PS4 version of Code Realize.

I would also say 8 To Glory but the price tag might be a bit high for what it is, which may explain why there are so few owners.

Yoku's Island Express - 1070 owners

A fun, light hearted game that does not deserve the little attention it has gotten. A breath of fresh air in my opinion, in a world clogged by the same old genres and samey games we have nowadays. 

Aer - 1983 owners

Another light hearted game that is in no way serious and was a pleasure to play. One of those games you can play when you want to relax.

Tornado Outbreak - 3686 owners

Something different yet again. Has a odd story but the gameplay is great. Pretty fun to play as an alien that can become a tornado and destroy everything.

I know that it's technically cheating because it has different regions  so overall it's over 5k :P but Steins;gate! And it's free atm so grab it when you can!

It's very good and you'll be getting your time's worth. Avg time for completion is about 30 hours which is more or less the length of reading an actual book. 

Halloween Forever - 240 owners. Horror themed platformer that I couldn't put down until I completed it when it came out a couple of months ago.

Headlander - 3700 owners. A quirky take on the metroidvania genre that came out a couple of years before their recent surge in popularity and it is one of the best I've ever played.

Reverie - 447 owners. I've heard its very similar to Earthbound but I've never played that game so who knows but it reminded me a lot of Pokémon and it is one of the best games on the Vita.

12 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I've always been tempted by that, it looks fun but I can never seem to catch it in a sale and also seeing Devolver having any kind of involvement makes me hesitant.

Hey, it's currently for sale at 10$ on the US store if you have an US account.

It cost me ~10€ on a sale and I think that it was an honest price, dont buy it full price. I mean, the game is good but it's short.

And the little DLC is free by the way.

Edited by llljulll

• 4 weeks later...

L0629fc.png

Cosmic Star Heroine - 3,774 Owners

This game has already been recommended here but I thought it deserved another shout. Got the platinum back in mid-December and this really is a wonderful throwback RPG. You can complete it relatively quickly but as someone who never really plays RPGs I had no idea what to expect, and to my delight it was thoroughly delightful and charming. Alyssa makes a great MC and none of the trophies are grindy or difficult to get. It's still on the Winter Holiday Sale for ridiculously cheap so if you don't have it, add this game to your arsenal. 

• Like 1

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - Technically, this has 6k players on the site, but that's just a criminal number. This release has the first two games in the trilogy and they're the best two; the second game has one of the best stories in a video game that I've ever experienced. They're both primarily visual novels with puzzle-solving, but don't let that turn you off if you're not normally a VN person.

Beat Saber (VR) - Best VR game available right now and only 2k players! Be prepared to get sweaty.

Persona X: Dancing (P3, P4, P5) - If you're a fan of Persona games and/or rhythm games, these are not quite a "must" but still worth your time. Standard rhythm game fare with decent soundtracks that can each be completed in a day or two.

Shenmue II - I'm sort of cheating here since you'd need to play the first game for this one to make a ton of sense, but it's an interesting look back on games around the turn of the century and one of the first games to be "open world" (along with its predecessor). Not perfect by any means, but worth it to experience a piece of gaming history.

Edited by Einigkeit