Suggestion: Change back the layout on our PSN profiles or give the option to do it

Which layout would you preffer?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which layout would you preffer?

• Bring back the old layout
    • Keep the new one
    • Change it to a different layout

I agree with what others said, the old one looks better. 

Said that, from those 2, the 2nd one looks better, the left most side does look better with the trophy icon than the platform. Also, the way you organized the platform list vertically should fix the thing @Undead Wolf said. 

7 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

A6V7OTU.png

CgdmVKy.png

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

I personally like it saying how many trophies we’ve earned, but like said before if you swapped the date and console around it would be perfect ? :D 

Have the console in its original position and the date where it originally was (so swap them around) and keep the amount of trophies earned where it is, that way you have the best of both worlds.

Edited by Waddlingdan
  • Like 1

Just now, Waddlingdan said:

I personally like it saying how many trophies we’ve earned, but like said before if you swapped the date and console around it would be perfect 1f44c.png:D 

I agree. The date doesn't stand out enough to be by itself, whereas the big blue rectangles are easily seen at a glance no matter where they are.

The way things are now, there are two date statistics split up arbitrarily. The amount of trophies earned was moved to be closer to the percentage bar, which is more relevant information, so it's strange that the date was moved further away from relevant information at the same time.

And all the space around the consoles' previous placement gave it room to easily adapt to a potential list that gets marked as PS3, PS4, PS5 and Vita. If that happens with either of the proposed layouts, things will need to be tweaked again for it all to fit, or other information will just be forced further right.

Plus I hate the consoles list being there. It's ugly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I don't think the date format matters when the month is spelled out fully anyway.

It's only really a problem when it's ambiguous, like 05/06/2005

It's still very confusing. Considering we having it 21st July 2018 and not July 21st 2018, it looks horrible. It's also the fact that the date is only wrong on the front page but when I click on a game it'll have the correct format of when i earned a trophy.

4 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I'm not a fan of the new layout. I think it's too cluttered and it doesn't really make sense how things are placed. The platform is fine being with the game title and icon as they are all elements of the game itself (not your progress in the game). The date related stuff should be together though, with the date layout being customisable. I also think the "X of Y Trophies" is too much information and clutters that space and it really isn't even needed as that information is basically already in the percentage bar. Anyway, this is how I would set it out:

wohS3kk.png

Without counting the old design, this one is the best one in my opinion. But I would change the placement of the platform to put it right after the title of the game.

12 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I'm not a fan of the new layout. I think it's too cluttered and it doesn't really make sense how things are placed. The platform is fine being with the game title and icon as they are all elements of the game itself (not your progress in the game). The date related stuff should be together though, with the date layout being customisable. I also think the "X of Y Trophies" is too much information and clutters that space and it really isn't even needed as that information is basically already in the percentage bar. Anyway, this is how I would set it out:

wohS3kk.png

That's what I've suggested in my first post and seeing it makes it even better. I just like to have all the relevant information in one place rather then scattered about.

13 minutes ago, mekktor said:

wohS3kk.png

I'd be ok with this one. The left side is a little blank but at least the date is more clearly seen. However,  I feel the "X of Y" trophies should be there. It saves time from having to click the game to see what trophies are missing. 

• Like 1

I came here to make the exact same thread, but since someone already made one:

I fully agree. The old layout looked way better IMHO. It looked more well laid out and more professional. It's great that we are getting site updates, but i'd  put my vote in for the format to be reverted/the option to choose the old format.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, mekktor said:

wohS3kk.png

I think this looks great and is easy on the eyes.  I can support this as a potential change.

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

wohS3kk.png

This is a very elegant solution, I like it :)

Another vote for #BringBackOldDesign.

The previous one was perfectly balanced.

Having the amount of obtained trophies on the right side may be logically correct, but it's incredibly disturbing there.

The console tags aren't that bad, it does look like the trophy list.

But the date is just the worst thing. It's only there, without any meaning. It has to be together with the completion/last trophy earned, otherwise, it may as well be a random data.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

wohS3kk.png

In my opinion this layout is the best seen till now.

I would only change the trophy icons and ps3/ps4/psvita logos, like this example

SdKItjK.png

q5aL1E1.png

• Like 1