Suggestion: Change back the layout on our PSN profiles or give the option to do it

Which layout would you preffer?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which layout would you preffer?

• Bring back the old layout
    • Keep the new one
    • Change it to a different layout

On 7/24/2018 at 11:43 PM, TurtlePM said:

This is the only change I would love to see here: allow us to change the background to dark (just like YouTube).

I made a dark theme just for this reason. I've been using it all the time ever since and I'm updating it as often as I find an issue. You can grab it here: https://userstyles.org/styles/128408/psnprofiles-dark-theme

The best extension to use to install it is Stylus. You can grab the download links here: https://add0n.com/stylus.html

EDIT: I would like to provide my own alternate display for the profiles. I currently have another style (just locally on my machine) changing it to look like below, where dates (without annoying superscripts) only show up on completed/platinum, and the trophy counts only show up on incomplete.

KEP8S6d.png

Edited by SlyCooperFan100
Feedback
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

I made a dark theme just for this reason. I've been using it all the time ever since and I'm updating it as often as I find an issue. You can grab it here: https://userstyles.org/styles/128408/psnprofiles-dark-theme

The best extension to use to install it is Stylus. You can grab the download links here: https://add0n.com/stylus.html

EDIT: I would like to provide my own alternate display for the profiles. I currently have another style (just locally on my machine) changing it to look like below, where dates (without annoying superscripts) only show up on completed/platinum, and the trophy counts only show up on incomplete.

KEP8S6d.png

How about this?

5fHJksb.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

How about this?

5fHJksb.png

How will this look if the platinum is earned, but not 100%? I honestly think it’s great as it is though, that extra "50 of 50 trophies" really isn’t in the way in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly Ripper said:

How about this?

5fHJksb.png

Me personally, I like it. I don't think the total trophy count is necessary when it's completed. But I'm loathe to be responsible for potentially bringing everyone's ire back with another update. Plus, something my style change doesn't address (and neither does this one in the quote) is the possibility that @Bezenko mentioned -- Platinum but not completed.

Above all else, though, the superscripts have to go. Either like you showed, with "4th November 2013" all in the same line, or just "4 November 2013". Anything is better than the ugly "4ᵗʰ November 2013". I'm pretty sure removing the superscripts was a consensus in previous pages on this thread.

This is near perfect. Thank you for listening to all the feedback! Honestly, the only thing that I think would make sense, is to switch the Bronze Trophy and Gold Trophy placement so that the progression makes sense with having the Platinum/Check Mark at the end. I like the Plat location since it is a nice bookend, but showing gold, silver, bronze, plat is a little weird. At this point any gripe is small stuff and personal preference, but this layout overall is great!

Edited by Br1ste
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

It's a 9.5/10 now. If only that platinum/checkmark icon was moved back to its original spot.

It really should go bronze, silver, gold, plat from left to right, if it's going to be kept that way...

I feel the same way.

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

I like the platinum on the right :ninja: 

If it's next to rank, those two colomns look horribly off center from each other lol

Or maybe switch the Plat icon and the rank?

omg. its impossible to make everyone happy because everyone have a different vision. if someone will be pleased with this one, someone else would like to change something. as i see many people is happy with the current version so maybe it should stay as it is. personally, i like the way it is now, even a Plat location is much better

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jarzor said:

Just remove the "Platinum in X years/months..." and "Completed in Y years/months..." please. Most of the times it means nothing as it's not hours played so it looks like unnecessary information in the main page of the profile and it looks really bad in my opinion. It's cool to be able to see that information if you want by going into a game to check first trophy time, platinum gap and completion gap but only there.

Same thing for the new layout that you're making now. In a game with 50 trophies and a DLC with 10 trophies it would be like this:

30 trophies obtained, no platinum:  30 of 60 trophies

50 trophies obtained, platinum: 50 of 60 trophies

60 trophies obtained, 100%: All 60 trophies (or 60 of 60 trophies)

Simple.

824136103dd5a2f1456c6dee767f1264.png

I like having that info, not just on my page but it’s cool seeing how quickly someone finished it (even if it doesn’t account for the exact time played) or how they decided not to give up on it after 7 years, etc. But I can understand what you mean.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jarzor said:

Just remove the "Platinum in X years/months..." and "Completed in Y years/months..." please. Most of the times it means nothing as it's not hours played so it looks like unnecessary information in the main page of the profile and it looks really bad in my opinion. It's cool to be able to see that information if you want by going into a game to check first trophy time, platinum gap and completion gap but only there.

Same thing for the new layout that you're making now. In a game with 50 trophies and a DLC with 10 trophies it would be like this:

30 trophies obtained, no platinum:  30 of 60 trophies

50 trophies obtained, platinum: 50 of 60 trophies

60 trophies obtained, 100%: All 60 trophies (or 60 of 60 trophies)

Simple.

824136103dd5a2f1456c6dee767f1264.png

Actually, that one is the most important info and needs to be left there.

• Like 3