Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

First four teams updated. 

I myself just completed Persona 4 Dancing All Night and Oxenfree. Oxenfree was pretty wild, if you like creepy surreal graphics and visuals, I recommend it. The third play through was kinda boring in that you cant say anything, but I had a great time with the other ones.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Briste said:

Wasn't a huge fan of the story mode and didn't think I'd ever play a Lego game again during that phase...but once I got past Story Mode and Free Play was available, it became much more enjoyable.

That is how it is with all LEGO games, Briste. The story mode is a bit boring, but once you can do levels with any character and you go after those collectibles, the game becomes much more enjoyable because you know you're halfway there. ^_^ Speaking of which, I have to work on LEGO City Undercover myself soon.

In the next week or so I plan to platinum one of my remaining games. I don't have much to go in the regular run of Pirate's Curse and I just need to get up and complete the regular run and Challenge Mode to start platinuming Into the Nexus. Considering I have four games in my Fall Backlog to do before December, which could be a problem with the great games coming out in November, I need to step up my game a bit.

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

OK. I've been thinking it over, and I really don't want the 1400+ hours I played in Phil's Epic Adventure to go to waste, so let's plug it into Decidophobia. Why Decidophobia? Well, the whole game is about making really important decisions that affect the outcome of the game. Is this square black or white? Do I start in the corner or in the middle? Should I begin another puzzle or carve out my eyes with a spoon? Where will Phil bury my body when he murders me in my sleep? These are questions that have been plaguing me for several weeks now. I'm still not sure I have any answers.

While we're at it, let's plug Cat Quest into Samhainophobia. It's a game about cats. Cats remind me of Halloween. And let's be honest -- I'm probably not finishing six more games before Halloween anyway.

I'm disappointed that Phil didn't make it into the Thanatophobia category :giggle:  I also recall there being an optional Halloween quest you could do in Cat Quest, so it is definitely purrfect for that category.

• Like 1

This weekend was pretty productive! I completed both Unmechanical: Extended (Phobophobiaand  Game Of Thrones (Decidophobia) so with that I think I have enought for an event reward ? I'll probably add more games thou... I'll be in touch!

On 5/10/2018 at 10:23 AM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Let me know about the magnet room - your technique!! :awesome:

:P you need to use that rectangular steel bar or whatever it is to block the big stell ball from being attracted by the magnet, also put the battery up side down (with the black half on top)

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 8:03 PM, Mesopithecus said:

How has it been so far?  That's troubling to hear about the glitch trophy

It still progressing ok. At this rate i should be able to platinum it around 3rd-4th week of Oct if i didnt get a trophy glitch.

There are 5 known trophy glitch. They are going to patch 2-3 of them in upcoming patch but the rest are still TBD. Hope i didnt get hit by those. Trophy itself isnt actually glitch but the NPC associated with it is really glitch for someone. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

Finally lined up the milestones and finished Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland for my 100th platinum and 7,000th trophy! That's two of the five games I've chosen for Team Chucky. Might come down to the wire for the last three since I'm going to have to head over to get the online trophies in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale due to the server closure, and it isn't on my list. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

Wow congrats. Thats quite a feat. I hope to enter that milestone club someday.

Slowly making progress here and there on Horizon. Should speed up pretty quick, all I have left pre-shutdown wave are the Vita PSABR trophies.

If "finished in the timeframe but didn't add it to the list beforehand" is okay, two new games for Team Cujo. If not, no problem - still nice to cross off a couple 3 year+ games.

4/death: Sound Shapes

"Death Mode" is named such for a very good reason. I'm honestly afraid to know how many times I died; pretty sure Mechanica took somewhere in the 4-6 hour range altogether. Impressive when you consider it has a 1 minute time limit, but at least I know my patience isn't completely shot. :facepalm:

While I seem to remember it being an okay platformer with a fun composition mode, that was years ago and the cleanup was nothing but frustrating. Most of the levels are so RNG-based that you don't feel triumph for winning, more of a "Oh, they finally lined up in a decent pattern. Bye.". The timer's so tight most runs are impossible. Some of the levels with smaller spawn ranges seemed to be more skill-based, at least. Could have just been quicker dumb luck.

11/change: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

My only fighting game until I add its stack, and one of a whopping three "sports" games currently on my list if the broader option is preferred.

Online is shutting down on the 15th, but offline MP's not bad at all. I'd rank Smash Bros Melee or Jump Ultimate Stars higher, but it's still fun if you're looking for a casual fighter - not exactly easy to find on Playstation.

Probably won't get the stack done anytime soon, but it should make a great travel game to chip away at.

Spoiler

Samhainophobia 1    
Arachnophobia 2 Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum:
Kinemortophobia 3    
Thanatophobia 4 Sound Shapes :platinum:
Monophobia 5 Everybody's Gone to the Rapture :platinum:
Dementophobia 6    
Chronophobia 7    
Decidophobia 8 InFamous :platinum:
Technophobia 9 Horizon: Zero Dawn 18%
Acrophobia 10 Assassin's Creed 3 DLC :gold:
Metathesiophobia 11 Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale :platinum:
Gynophobia 12    
Phobophobia (Cujo) 13 Seasons After Fall :platinum:

• Like 1

Made a lot more progress with FFX. Nemesis & Penance both defeated. Just got to finish filling the sphere grid with everyone then beat yu yevon. I'm leaving "A journeys catalyst" for last when I'm ready to pop plat 20.

I have to say this is my favourite final fantasy game,  I've lost count of how many times I've played it to completion, I remember when I first played the demo of it back in the day round a mates house and it just blew my mind. When the first scene in the blitz pool started we were like holy shit look at it, thinking these are the best graphics we'll ever see. I bought it as soon as i could and played it constantly. I used to get home from college and just play blitzball for hours, or spend time finding out different mix combinations for Rikku and jotting them in a notebook. I didn't know about the dark aeons on my first playthrough, my cousin told me about them a few weeks after I'd completed it. So naturally I had to start again straight away to try and beat them. 

Anyway that's enough reminiscing, I should have the plat ready to pop tomorrow then I'll move on to cosmic star heroine, I might play the vita version as I'm getting a new tattoo on Tuesday and I can play whilst that's being done then. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Finally lined up the milestones and finished Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland for my 100th platinum and 7,000th trophy! That's two of the five games I've chosen for Team Chucky. Might come down to the wire for the last three since I'm going to have to head over to get the online trophies in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale due to the server closure, and it isn't on my list. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

Congrats on the double milestone :D  Great game choice for it too!

6 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Slowly making progress here and there on Horizon. Should speed up pretty quick, all I have left pre-shutdown wave are the Vita PSABR trophies.

If "finished in the timeframe but didn't add it to the list beforehand" is okay, two new games for Team Cujo. If not, no problem - still nice to cross off a couple 3 year+ games.

I have added Sound Shapes and PSABR onto your list :)  

4 hours ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

Anyway that's enough reminiscing, I should have the plat ready to pop tomorrow then I'll move on to cosmic star heroine, I might play the vita version as I'm getting a new tattoo on Tuesday and I can play whilst that's being done then. 

You've made incredible progress on FFX.  I hope you enjoy Cosmic Star Heroine :D  What tattoo do you have planned?

• Like 1

Got the Plat of Rise of the Tomb Raider for Team Cujo... Nice game, but got tired of all that score attacks >_<...

Question, I see that some people use DLC's as games to complete for this event, since I got the plat of Rise of the Tomb Raider and now I want to complete the DLC's so can I use the Endurance DLC for the 5th category and the Baba Yaga DLC for the first category (For me a witch is the symbol of halloween XD)?

Thanks!

• Like 1

If anyone needs a rather fast game for categories like Monophobia, Acrophobia, or ChronophobiaI would suggest to give The Bridge from this month's PS+-games a try.

Monophobia --> You're the only person in the whole game (except for a few seconds right at the end)

Acrophobia --> Nearly all puzzles are in levels with floating grounds and you have to "jump" from high places quite a few times

Chronophobia --> There's one trophy tied to a "speedrun" for one level and the game also features a mechanic to rewind your moves/go back in time.

There are some kinda annoying puzzles towards the end but the videos linked in the PST-guide (which are the same as the ones linked on TrueAchievements where I found them) are really helpful as they also give an explanation on why you have to do the things in a specific way. But one advice: Don't play it on the Vita as that version lacks details in a few levels which make it much harder to finish a few puzzles on their own (--> some lamps are missing).

Sadly I already put another game in my Monophobia-category and I don't want to switch that out...

1 hour ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

Getting This as my tat.

I feel like I have seen the symbol on that hammer but I have no idea why. :hmm: Any clue where this is from?  

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I feel like I have seen the symbol on that hammer but I have no idea why. :hmm: Any clue where this is from?  

It's a triquetra aka a trinity knot. It's been used in lots of different cultures with different meanings, it's similar to the valknut which is the symbol/rune for odin. The triquetra is the symbol john paul Jones chose to be on led zeppelin 4 so maybe that's where you've seen it.

Edit- you've probably also seen it in thor movies on mjolnir, I hadn't remembered seeing it till I checked.

Edited by Deadpool--Rik
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

It's a triquetra aka a trinity knot. It's been used in lots of different cultures with different meanings, it's similar to the valknut which is the symbol/rune for odin. The triquetra is the symbol john paul Jones chose to be on led zeppelin 4 so maybe that's where you've seen it.

Thanks for that! Don't think that I have seen it due to Led Zep as I'm not into Prog Rock but checking the list of modern occurences I can see that there's quite a few places where I might have seen it without realizing it (the Treyarch-logo, Mjölnir in the Marvel-movies etc.).

7 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Question, I see that some people use DLC's as games to complete for this event, since I got the plat of Rise of the Tomb Raider and now I want to complete the DLC's so can I use the Endurance DLC for the 5th category and the Baba Yaga DLC for the first category (For me a witch is the symbol of halloween XD)?

Thanks!

I don't think this is an option. More like either unlocking the Plat or getting 100% trophies was possible in older events. So any game is just once to be chosen

• Like 1