Kill Your Completion ∞

13 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Sounds pretty complicated but it works pretty well and I think the game does a good job of making you figure out how each new mechanic works at the first level of each stage. These levels, by the way, look a bit like this:

Reveal hidden contents

rochester-strange-stairs-and-scary-house

So they end up working really well with the artstyle and add an additional layer of difficulty by making you think outside the box. The start of the game was pretty easy but the game gradually gets more difficult. At the point where I'm at right now (level 4-5) it feels very satisfying to complete a level but it's nowhere near an impossible feat.

Another Back to Bed-art style game, eh? I had purchased this for like $1 several months ago on a whim... now I'm intrigued if only by that art style. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghostly-legend said:

Update #1

My starting percentage, sorry for not posting this, 1 Nov (before starting the event)  69,89% with 1849 unearned trophies. 

Game #1 

Ld23402.png

Time Played: 10-15 hours

Trophies: 49/49

Did it lower my percentage: No

I agree with your reivew. This game seems to have a bad reputation but I also enjoyed my playthrough. The story was fine, not too great, but by no means horrible.  I thought the environment was interesting too. And yes, it's very cheap and is in featured in sales all the time. 

31 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

What's the name of the game?

Murdered: Soul Suspect. It's actually on sale right now, and the PS4 version is the lowest I've seen it ($1.99). Tempted to grab and replay it myself, for that price. PS3 version is also on sale for 50 cents less. Lol.

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Lc72fcc.png

Destroy All Humans!

Game #2 (4th-6th)

2 hours played

6/38 (-0.24%)

Had some very busy days and didn't get much time to game, but going by the trophies I made it around a third of the way through the levels.

Did get some quick bronzes in another game to keep my streak going, and Elder Scrolls Online added a couple new trophies to tank a little extra.

While the storyline doesn't really catch my interest, it's not bad - something of a comedic B-movie alien invasion.

Gameplay feels a little clunky and unintuitive, but certainly not unplayably so. Gets some leeway for being a PS2 game, and nowhere near the worst of that generation.

The music's probably the highlight of the game for me, the creepy vibe doesn't quite fit in but adds some great old-school horror atmosphere.

I'll probably finish it up someday just to finish it, but I'm not sure I'll bother with the sequel from the same bundle.

Destroy all Humans 2 is much better than the first one in my opinion.

I first played the second on PS2 and the first in the last KYC event. I didn't enjoy the first one but had quite some fun with the second on PS2.

• Like 1

Very happy to see everyone post their reviews and thoughts on their games. 

Because of personal things and work I’ve had to deal with that have been out of my control, I haven’t had much time to play at all. 

I only posted Dokuro thus far and hopefully no one took those dates literally. I just put them there because I thought I was going to cover them on those dates but because of little time I just haven’t gotten around to them yet. 

I still want to cover the games I want to play, give them a day to day review and final review, and put in at least 3 to 5 hours on each game. This event lasts until November 30th so there’s still time. That’s roughly 15 to 25 hours, maybe more or less depending on how much time I have. 

Hope everyone is having fun with gaming in this event.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I didn't beat the boss (tried several times to no success) but managed to satiate it

Loved that bit! It's almost like a parody of a normal boss fight, immediately thinking you have to kill something while the solution is just feeding it.

36 minutes ago, SolarCat02 said:

The Talos Principle

Played this a year ago and thought it was great. Definitely getting the sequel sooner rather than later, because I liked the first game much more than the sale price I waited for.

• Like 1