PS Plus December 2018

Valyrious

Steins;Gate is a fantastic VN, so I'll be happy to go through it again. Seen the series since then so I'll be able to compare them together.

SOMA is legit great, and I've always loved spooky horror.

Iconoclasts I already bought but it's fantastic.

Papers Please is something I've been meaning to play forever so happy this is here.

I'm willing to give the others a shot as well. Never even heard of Steredenn. But if you have any interest in survival horror(ish), sci-fi stories or metroidvania-likes, the first three are very much recommended.

Edited by Seasonreaper

20 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Be sure to check your downloads on PS3. There are a couple of games that ask for payment when I try to download them from the store (the most notable one was Dead Nation), but are still in my downloads, and will download for free there.

oh damn I didnt even think of that. it's not as organized as ps4 lol. I will check it as I'm sure I did have yakuza 4 before. 

edit: checked but didnt have yakuza 4. oddly enough I remember deleting it when trying to wipe my ps3 before to make it run faster. 

Edited by LegacyJKO09

On 28/11/2018 at 4:32 PM, Valyrious said:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/28/playstation-plus-free-games-for-december-2018/

SOMA (PS4) / no platinum
Onrush (PS4)
Steredenn (PS3) - no platinum
Steins;Gate (PS3)
Iconoclasts (PS Vita + PS4) - no platinum
Papers, Please (PS Vita) - no platinum

Hhhmmmmmm....

Might get Steins;Gate and/or SOMA

On 11/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, rpg49ers said:

xbox has a meh lineup

Games with Gold: December 2018 (TOTAL $59.96)

•     Q.U.B.E. 2 $24.99
  •     Never Alone $14.99
  •     Dragon Age II $9.99
  •     Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction $9.99

VS

PsPlus Dec (TOTAL $152.94)

• SOMA  $29.99
  • Onrush $59.99
  • Steredenn $12.99
  • Steins;Gate $19.99
  • Iconoclasts $19.99
  • Papers, Please  $9.99

No offense, but I hate these posts. These "value comparisons" are useless, because few (if any) of us value the games at the prices listed. Plus, Sony is getting an advantage for having three systems, though the games don't cross over the systems in any way. How many people own all three systems?

Personally, I like the PS lineup better than the Xbox one, but it's not because of a difference of $92.98 in "total value".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Initially I felt underwhelmed when I first saw the line up but after researching both Onrush and Steins Gate (both of which I'd never heard of) I've changed my mind.

They both look like good titles that ordinarily I wouldn't have given a second glance. Thanks PS+

That's one of the nice things about PS+, and it's why I don't kick that we aren't getting (years old) AAA titles. I would have been spitting nails if DA2 was given out by Sony - that game is almost a decade old!

On 11/28/2018 at 5:49 PM, DamagingRob said:

Many consider it to be one of, if not the best, visual novel ever made. There are other games that came after it, but it stands on its own. I've yet to even play the sequel, and I think there's a spinoff or two (that weren't localized..). And yes, this is the first game. 

Okay I just had a chance to actually sit down and watch a video about it. First of all, wow.. the soundtrack sounds great. I can see this being a great story from the get-go. Checked the plat length and it said 30 hours??!! For a story only game?! 

I think I am actually going to download it and try it out instead of just putting it into my download queue so hey we're getting there :P

• Like 1

I was actually thinking about picking up SOMA very recently so I'm definitely glad to see that in the lineup. Looks cool!

Surprisingly, there are actually some great Vita/PS3 titles this month. Steins;Gate is one of the best visual novels out there. I really hope people don't just see the game as an easy platinum and actually read it - you're really missing out otherwise. Papers, Please is such a unique and interesting little game. I'm glad more people will play it now.

12 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Picked up Soma and Onrush. However, Iconoclasts is currently free for Vita only. Hopefully this isn't an error, as the blog states it'd be cross-buy. Anyone else seeing this issue? I'm NA region if anyone was asking.

It's cross-buy. If you buy the Vita version then the PS4 version is also added to your download list.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I know Soma is great and all, but it's a 1st person horror game, as much as I like horror in movies and novels, I can't handle horror games like this one, it might just kill me ?

Never heard of Onrush, watched some gameplay for it while it downloaded, it looked kinda fun, turns out it gets dull and repetitive pretty fast, at least for me it did. Also some of the music from the ost is really bad, had to turn the volume down while racing.

Edited by sillyrobo75