Bingo Bonanza 2020

6 hours ago, Intoner_Zero said:

The only square that doesn't have a game is G2 as I'm currently not in another event and not sure if that will remain the case in the future.

If you want some suggestions, eigen-space's 10 Things I Hate About Games event is still open for signups and a pretty fun event so far and not a competitive one.  It's just a fun event about completing games that fit particular categories.

• Like 2

Finished my second game a few hours agos:
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom which I will use for my B3: Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

Overall a surely fun experience that has some flaws and some annoying sections, but IMO it was much more enjoyable than e.g. Wonder Boy and the Dragon's Trap. Would recommend it to anyone that enjoys played the second to fourth installment of the Wonder Boy-franchise or people that enjoy light-hearted puzzle-platformer/action-adventures. If you enjoyed games liek Adventure Pals, Yoku's Island Express, or Cat Quest you will most likely also enjoy MBatCK.

Next category might be one of the ones related to racing games as I'm playing Forza 6 Apex now and then. Will most likely use it for B1 (In A Series New To You) as it's the first time I've been playing any Forza. Luckily the game's "campaign" is quite short with 12 races only but I'm taking my time and trying to find the best configuration to have at least some challenging races. :D 

Decided to slightly enlarge the boxes so I can add a banner for the finished games below the text as a first draft.

Spoiler

NoDSFHX.png

Finished Games:

G1 - Comix Zone

B3 - Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Completed Fields: 2 / 25

Completed Rows/Bingos: 0 / 9

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

If you want some suggestions, eigen-space's 10 Things I Hate About Games event is still open for signups and a pretty fun event so far and not a competitive one.  It's just a fun event about completing games that fit particular categories.

Thanks for the heads up! 

The thread has caught my eye a few times, but I never really read the event in depth. I'll do some research to try and put together an entry~

• Like 1

so i finished my first game some time ago but with everything i have going on i'm only just posting it on here:

G4 - With a female Protagonist - Shadow of the Tomb Raider

personally i thought this was the weakest of the trilogy, didn't enjy it anywhere near as much as the others.

Game number 2 is well underway.

• Like 2

B1: Based on a Non-Gaming IP - Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions 

B4: Metroidvania or Rogue-like: Dead Cells 

O3: Favorite Genre (Rhythm) - Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight

Finished up Dead Cells for the metroidvania category. What a great and challenging game. Loved (almost) every minute of it. 

• Like 1

I-2: With online features - Diablo III:Reaper of Souls

G-2: Anthropomorphized Animals - Spyro the Dragon 

Also i don't know if the game Personality and Psychology Premium  would still count as a game for the bingo board. If anyone has any thoughts about this that would be great. I do not want to use something the community would not agree on. If it does not matter i would use for  O-2: That You Can Beat in One Sitting category.

Update:

(B1): Oldest in Your Backlog - Assassin's Creed II

(B3): Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy - inFAMOUS 2

(B5): You Think You Will Dislike - Waking Violet

(N1): With Mini-Games in it - Kingdom Hearts II

(O3): With an Isometric View - Transistor

Not bad for the first month. Close to a bingo. All I need is a mystery game and 2019 release or a PS+ game and Metroidvania. 

• Like 1

cMZIcXf.png

I2 Outcast: Second Contact

N5 Strange Brigade

G1 Crossing Souls

G3 Ghost Recon Wildlands

O1 Yomawari: Night Alone

O4 Fear Effect Sedna

Newest one crossed out is the one for indie developer. Went with Outcast: Second Contact. A remake of the action-adventure from the 90s. To be honest, I didn't like it. Voice-acting waws bad and lip-sync a mess. Graphically it was alright, but that's pretty much it. THe gameplay itself was stiff and impractical  Well, time to move on to better things.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Finished Rigs MCL this morning for that UR platinum! It really is a fantastic game that got a lot of hate for no reason. The VR experience makes you feel like you're piloting a mech, which has to be one of the coolest feelings in the world! Anways, I'm using this for B1 - Racing or Sports (It's a sport). Still have no idea what I'm doing on this thing!

H5ToQBV.png

• Like 2

Finished my 4th game ?

G5: That you started but didn't finish - Dragon Quest Builders

Technically I've also finished N4: Platform Exclusive as I've finished the story for Knack but I want to plat and 100% every game that I play for this event so I'll wait until I've done that to mark it off. I'm currently trying to farm the 10 diamond relics. Only managed to get 1 yesterday and I still need 4 more. :facepalm:

I've also made some changes to the games I'm planning on playing for the rest of the event. This will probably continue to change as I go. 

HdhjLTr.jpg

Spoiler

B1 - Recommended by a PSNP member: The Sims 3 or Rainbow Moon (Recommended by LucianaRosethorn)

B2 - Released the year you joined PSNP: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012)

B3 - Adventure: Far Cry Primal

B4 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

B5 - Oldest in your backlog: Hitman Blood Money (2006)

I1 - Racing or Sports: Onrush

I2 - With a # or Punctuation Mark in the Title: Steins;Gate  :platinum:

I3 - That You Can Beat in One Sitting: Burly Men At Sea :platinum:

I4 - That You've Been Meaning To Get To: Mad Max

I5 - Hype!: Dragon Quest XI

N1 - Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID: Master Reboot / Mafia II

N2 - Ultra Rare Platinum: 

N3 - Player's Choice: 

N4 - Platform Exclusive: Knack

N5 - With Online Features: TERA or Happy Dungeons

G1 - One Word Title: Deiland :platinum:

G2 - With a Female Protagonist: Horizon Zero Dawn

G3 - In A Series New To You: Mass Effect / Yakuza

G4 - With Minigames In It: Kingdom Hearts 2

G5 - That You Started But Didn't Finish: Dragon Quest Builders :platinum:

O1 - Favorite Genre: 

O2 - Play as an Anti-hero or Bad Guy: God of War III (PS4)

O3 - That Gives You The Feels: Heavy Rain (PS4)

O4 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: The Witcher 3

O5 - Retro Rerelease (Originally on a Console W/o Trophies): Final Fantasy VII

Edited by Mystvayne
  • Like 1

Hi everybody! 
I have been meaning to join the bingo but wanted to make a fancy card like Briste's and well... it has been two weeks and I haven't already, so I will just post the vanilla card before it's December lol

7HyvPyO.png

I've got several games for each square as I really like to have options/choices/go with my mood at the moment. My picks so far are:

Player's Choice: Hitman 1 + 2 

B1 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Detention or Assassins' Creed Unity or Valkyria Chronicles 

I3  Redeemed from PS+: SOMA or Grim Fandango or Burly Men at Sea 

G3 That Gives You the Feels: Nier Automata or Brothers Tales of Two Sons or Limbo/Inside

O3 That "Everyone" But You Has Played: Portal (yeah...)

Hope I stick to it lol

Edited by lcrystal__
fixed image
  • Like 2

I was too slow lately, for some reason I got hooked in the Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms and put aside my other games, but scratched my second from the list:

B5 - Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

I was already playing Far Cry 5 for my B1 slot and I will now return to it. I'm planning to finish Battlefield 1 for my B2, and I'm yet to choose my game for the B3, so I can complete my first line. I have some word that Sunless Sea is long, but my friend who give me the recommendation has a screwed parameter where a 10 hour game is long. 

My card for reference:

Spoiler

tWUmYg9.png

Card so beautiful that makes me remember why I given up in working with graphic design

• Like 1

I've now finished my 2nd game

N2 - With a # or punctuation mark in the title - Starlink :Battle for Atlas

I enjoyed this far more than i expected, its a surprisingly good open world space game, But seems to have slipped under the radar for most people, i think many write it off as the fact it comes with "toys" makes it appear to be a kids game.

• Like 1

Update:

I've been trying to find a place to stick "Dark Mystery" with no avail, but a quick google search told me that Yash Future Tech Solutions is based in India, so I stuck it in the Developed in a foreign country square. 

i6dgHFv.png

Hmm, I guess my best bet of getting a Bingo would be to do a diagonal and ignore Life is Strange. That would mean doing Adventure Time and Okami. Otherwise, since my next game will probably be Overcooked 2, I could focus on the top row.

• Like 1