Cyberpunk 2077 - Release Date & Cinematic Trailer [December 10, 2020]

ziggypossum

The delay doesn't bother me at all really, there's so many games coming out in November that I'm already spoilt for choice. I did however have some reservations about how it would perform on launch. Those reservations are definitely more concerning now, might wait for a few patches before playing.

It's a bit disappointing, especially as I already had the day off work, but ultimately it's less disappointing than it coming out November 19 and being pretty broken.

Thankfully, I'm due to get my PS5 that day anyway, and I'll have Watch Dogs Legion and Valhalla that I can play as consolation.

The fact of excitement, hype, taking days off aside

What annoys me by far is that this comes after the "release date is solid, no more delays" PR stuff. The f***ing principle.

If they said 19th probably/most likely fine whatever but this is getting crazy.

If it's down to optimization I'd be ok if it came out for whatever gen it's optimized for on the 19th and the other on the 10th alongside PC I suppose. Just hope it's not due to that dumpster fire called Stadia.

1 hour ago, EstebanFox said:

This game is a train wreck and CDPR are an absolute disgrace. Pity most people are stupid enough to still buy it. 

To be fair, you need to have an IQ of at least 200 to qualify to buy this game.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

eh, sad - unjustifiable - but that happens every time a major entertainment even encounters a hick-up.

Videogame disappointing - death threats, Videogame ending/story sequel disappointing - death threats, movie/game delayed - death threats, TV series cancelled - death threats

In a sea of tens of millions of gamers even recognizing these individuals is pointless, basically an upscaled version of the internet incel who voices his ridiculous displeasure at something in twitter/youtube comments.

This will just turn more of the regular audience following them to switch from being dissatisfied about the delay to "oh, hey that is not ok - yeah it's just a delay. who are these crazy people sending death threats?" A PR move and nothing more.

Tbh Idk why but my hype for this game has pretty much disappeared throughout this year. I've been forcing myself to watch all the Night City updates because I got the game pre ordered but I think I'm just gonna wait for a sale. Unfortunately I don't share everyone's level of eagerness for this game anymore so this delay announcement made me go 'eh ok' and not irritated and upset as many fans currently are (which is kind of justifiable since they already promised before that nov 19 was a solid date and no more delays would happen, but at the same time going so far as sending the devs death threats is fucking idiotic). 

Edited by PostGameBlues

11 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Yeah....nice to see the mentally unstable, socially deficient, testicle shaped snowflakes are out in force with those death threats. Irredeemable society tumours.

If a person feels like it's okay on any level to threaten the life of another human being publically or otherwise - instead of Tweeting about their intent, they should be seeking some clinical help. Because a person who does that, absolutely needs help. 

Honestly I don't really mind about the delays, there is so much else to play. Poland is also experiencing some pretty horrendous civil unrest at the moment due to their government, so i'm 100% okay cutting them some slack

On 10/27/2020 at 5:00 PM, ziggypossum said:

It is absolutely sad that it has come to this.

Ever since gamers and people in general realized that they can twist and manipulate gaming developers at will through the wasteland that is social media, things have gotten a lot worse as a result.

I remember back in the day companies like Ubisoft and the such would freely offer a support line, if my memory was correct this was evident back in the PS2 days when gaming was mostly all physical. You would get a game manual that came with the game, and with it there would be a phone number or website for you to visit if you had technical issues.

Nowadays companies in general are overly hesitant to offer support of anything. This is the same society of people who will issue death threats on someone because they happened to be somewhere at the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is another Last of Us Part II leak incident where the mob jumps on Neil Drunkmann's nutsack because the gamers didn't like what they saw in the footage. This is another hyped up game that people are getting angry about because they have to wait a month and a half to get it.

Despicable. Fucking despicable. This is why I don't respect the gaming community all too much anymore.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2020 at 8:00 PM, ziggypossum said:

Some people out there are going way too far with their selfishness, and they need to knock it off. Everyone should be thankful the game is still coming and that it's not a next-gen exclusive. CDPR could very well have chosen to make it PS5/Xbox Series X&S exclusive, but they're still supporting the current gen. For that they deserve some gratitude.

If the game has to be delayed again, so be it. I don't want a rushed game, even if it means a delay to 1st Quarter '21.

• Like 3

HOW DARE THE DEVELOPERS DELAY THE GAME TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS PROPERLY, I LITERALLY WANT TO KILL ALL THE DEVS (IN MINECRAFT) AND THIS GAME PROBABLY SUCKS AND EVEN IF IT DOESN'T I'M SO DONE WITH THIS GAME NOW I HATE IT, I PREORDERED IT ON PS4 AND HAVE NOW CANCELLED IT IN DISGUST BUT IF IT DOESN'T SUCK I WILL NOW JUST PIRATE IT ON PC

I hate the term "entitled gamers" but this kind of seems a bit like this.

I was extremely excited by this game - Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time - but when they announced it was first-person only I lost all interest. For some reason first-person games literally make me want to puke (I don't suffer from motion sickness, or even sea sickness, so this makes very little sense). I would have been OK with a Skyrim type switch to third-person even if it was janky. I know a lot of gamers think this way too. 

SMH at those sending death threats. Instead of that, why not give your best wishes for a game you really want to play? 

Props to other developers from other studios stepping in to support CDProjekt Red.

Edited by Ghost

23 hours ago, Ghost said:

SMH at those sending death threats. Instead of that, why not give your best wishes for a game you really want to play? 

Props to other developers from other studios stepping in to support CDProjekt Red.

Who the fuck would threaten somebody over a game.? thats not cool.. 

The game gets smoother and better if it is delayed? im also annoyed about it being delayed. But is not a reason to threaten a studio thats bringing us a possibly the best game of this generation and prob next generation?

1 minute ago, DividedByMankind said:

Who the fuck would threaten somebody over a game.1f44e.png thats not cool.. 

The game gets smoother and better if it is delayed1f44d.png im also annoyed about it being delayed. But is not a reason to threaten a studio thats bringing us a possibly the best game of this generation and prob next generation1f44d.png

too many thumb emojis in this post

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday I received a message from Sony on my PS4 notifying me that my pre-order for Cyberpunk 2077 was pushed back to December 10, giving me the opportunity to cancel pre-order and get a refund if I'd like to.

Thing is, I didn't pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 (and I don't have a credit card tied to my PS account, so it's not like I could have been charged by mistake). Does anyone know if this was a system-wide message that Sony mistakenly sent out to everybody?

If Sony thinks I've got a pre-order and wants to give me the game when it releases, I guess I won't complain. Seems unlikely though.

Edit: Received a follow up message saying I may have received the first message in error and apologizing for the inconvenience. Guess that explains that.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf

• 2 weeks later...