Final Fantasy VII Remake (April 10, 2020)

4 minutes ago, Myu said:

If the battle system is like Type-0, I probably won't be able to play because of motion sickness. FFXV is great for me in that regard because you don't have to do much in battles.

@MMDE it's the exact same place she offers him a flower but those dementor-like creatures are a new thing. I have never seen them anywhere in the original game or any FFVII-related stuff.

Isn't the main issue for type 0 the poor camera controls and motion blur?

17 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Isn't the main issue for type 0 the poor camera controls and motion blur?

It is. But cramped places with poor visibility are also a problem. FFXV dungeons were a nightmare for me, especially the one with the spiders. I had to drop the controller and go lie down for a while. Can't play KH either. I went as far as the little mermaid in the first game and I had to give up. I love when people make "movies" out of video games, it makes me able to still follow the story without the side effects. I watched Bayonetta and Portal that way :) 

• Like 1

I'm glad that we have an actual release date at least.

Has it been announced how many 'parts' this is going to take or are we still waiting for that?

With our luck... Square Enix will troll us all and it'll take '7' parts. Get it? You know... because... Final Fantasy 7... ?

Please don't let this be true ?

4 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm glad that we have an actual release date at least.

Has it been announced how many 'parts' this is going to take or are we still waiting for that?

With our luck... Square Enix will troll us all and it'll take '7' parts. Get it? You know... because... Final Fantasy 7... 1f611.png

Please don't let this be true 1f612.png

Think they said recently it would be 2 parts

On a different note, nobody else is terrified about this release window? Pretty sure they recently moved development in house after that out sourcing disaster. No way this is gonna be a quality product, of course I'd love and hope to be proven wrong. And it's not entirely impossible if the re-use assets from FF15, but still, I can't help but feel part 1 will be a "testing the waters" type of thing.?

19 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Think they said recently it would be 2 parts

That was debunked, we still don't have official details yet.?

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

I didn't mind Type-0's battle system. The gameplay of that was probably the only thing I did like. Story was meh. 

I minded it a lot. One of the worst battle system I've ever played. Story? Didn't even bother, and the cast was too big.

Edited by MMDE

11 hours ago, MMDE said:

I put a timestamp on that video. You'll see my issue there. I have nothing against how she looks. This however, by the surroundings and because of the flowers etc, looks like the first time you meet her. I don't get where else it could be, and if you look closely at the 50 second mark, you'll see it probably says "Loveless" on the wall, next to a cinema. That is where you first meet her, and you get the option to buy a flower from her. She's totally calm then, and none of the dementors from Harry Potter or her screaming for help happens. In fact, I think it's out of character for her to be screaming like that at all. She's the lonely girl who has been surviving in the slums for so long. Escaping each time the Turks come for her, and while you help her escape that one time, she likely would have made it on her own too. She's the girl who leaves the party later, risking her life, to do what she thinks she has to do to save the planet etc.

That happening would feel totally out of place in the original game, and gives us way too much forecasting. In the original they did give some small hints, but it seemed more natural and not such a big deal, and things like the guy you find in a tunnel/hut/pipe whatever in the slum, with a number, that's the kind of thing that rewards exploration and creates more of a mystery rather than mess too much with the plot.

I think this is how she will see/hear the voice of the planet. In the original, it was her just looking around, putting her ear to the ground, and walking back and forth, but I think they are choosing a visual representation instead.

Although was not in the very first encounter with her so, they are definitely changing the game.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

Did anyone else go to buy the 1st class just to resell at a higher price only to swiftly forget about it after seeing the expected delivery date? rip easy moneyz, ain't got the patience for something I'm not personally invested in. Probably will end up getting the game at some point though, I've never experienced the game myself or watched it, about the only thing I know about it is that one spoiler literally everyone knows that I'll refrain from saying in case someone doesn't somehow. Square Enix definitely nailed their presentation imo, kept me interested throughout, which I can't say for any other presentation excluding devolver digital.

Really glad to see the combat is a step-up from FFXV's and that you're actually encouraged to use the magic a bit more. I really wish the game was just on a single disc but I'm still looking forward to this.

Still holding out on that Crisis Core remake :P

I think this just became my most anticipated game. So long as they expand the story in an interesting manner and the game is actually a good length I don't mind the episodic style. The only concern I have is they are starting this so close to the end of this generation I am certain I will have to buy a PS5 just to finish the series. I plan to eventually, just not right away.

I'll be honest, I'm not extremely hyped for the battle system. I rather have turned based, but it doesn't look nearly has bad as I thought it would tbh. It looks way more fun than XV for sure. I like how you can stop in mid battle to select spells/items and how fluid you can switch between characters. I love all the voice for the characters so far expect for Barret's. I'll be honest, I can't STAND his voice. I hate it so much!

I also really hope they leave out Crisis Core, Advent Children, and the spin offs out of the remake. I didn't care for the movie or spin off games at all. I'm interested in playing it now that I've seen some gameplay though, but I really wish they'd tell us exactly how many parts there is going to be. I'm not interested if they plan on making it like 7 parts or something. I'm really hoping it's only two or three. 

Edited by FireFoxie

20 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Here's a new official screenshot of Aerith. Once the Square Enix trailer drops, i will update the OP and rename the topic tittle to reflect the changes.

D8sakoYVsAAejMK.jpg

My Masamune is ready.

Man, after playing Episode Ardyn in FFXV, i want an Episode Sephiroth for FFVII remake