Horizon Chase Turbo (PS4) - 0% [0/38]

Mass Effect (PS3) - 0% [0/47]

Dark Souls: Remastered (PS4) - 0% [0/41]

Sound Shapes (PS4) - 0[0/89]

Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - 0% [0/77]

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4) - 0% [0/54]

Jack and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4) - 0% [0/39]

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3) - 0% [0/49]

Very little to tell this week. I haven't been playing a lot, and when I have I've been playing Shadow of Mordor exclusively. I made it to the second area and I'm now able to do the trophies that involve branding captains. The return mechanic is being a bit interesting. The game seems to think that the sub-par scrubs who I instantly killed by tossing off the pier are worthy of coming back with injuries (facial scars, for some reason) so I can toss them off another high ledge and instantly kill them. I shouldn't have any trouble mopping up the collectibles this week, whenever I set aside time to play.

In the future I might forego weekly updates in favour of 'milestone updates' so to speak, or whenever I have anything interesting to talk about. I definitely feel I've bitten off more than I can chew with this challenge, but I don't want to bitch out now. If I can complete at least half of my list then I'll consider that a slight victory.

Righto. I'll be off now. Take care everyone and happy hunting!

Seems like a lot of stuff to do, can you make it in like, 3.5 months?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Seems like a lot of stuff to do, can you make it in like, 3.5 months?

With the way my schedule has been lately, absolutely not. I've conceded that fact. I'll give it my best shot though. Any I don't finish I'll likely use for the Spring backlog challenge, or just finish up in my own time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, viech54 said:

Update time: It's actually a rather significant one this time as it marks the completion of my most time consuming game in the Fall/Winter 2019/2020 Backlog Challenge.

After an about 460 hours long grind, the plat of Monster Hunter World Iceborne is finally mine. I got the last three crowns earlier today, getting both the trophies for all large and all small crowns.

I imported my MHW character into Iceborne at 1152 hours, 15 minutes, 33 seconds and got the plat in Iceborne at 1615 hours, 37 minutes 6 seconds. I don't really have anything else to say about the game right now, I'm just glad the grind is over & I don't have to snipe for crowns any longer. If anyone wants to know more about the game, let me know and I'll see what I can do (next weekend or so, don't want to see the game for a while).

Whoa! That Iceborne platinum is no cakewalk, well done! I get what you mean by not wanting to see the game for a while :) helluva commitment for sure, congrats @viech54

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Another one off the list for me, Detroit: Become Human is now complete despite me trying really hard to f&^% it up several times! Overall a really good game that you could play several times due to the nature of it and still get a different story.

I've heard mixed things about David Cage's games. Some I've heard praise his work, others say he has the writing ability of a half-eaten chocolate bunny rabbit. Still, with two of his games being free on PS Plus I imagine I'll be able to set aside some time one day and see what I think.

And yeah, I understand what it's like to suck at MKX. I just sunk some time into Jason and the Xenomorph as they had simple combos and never touched anyone else. "Skilled Gamer" over here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpaghettiGrabsy7 said:

I've heard mixed things about David Cage's games. Some I've heard praise his work, others say he has the writing ability of a half-eaten chocolate bunny rabbit. Still, with two of his games being free on PS Plus I imagine I'll be able to set aside some time one day and see what I think.

And yeah, I understand what it's like to suck at MKX. I just sunk some time into Jason and the Xenomorph as they had simple combos and never touched anyone else. "Skilled Gamer" over here.

Well worth playing pal, really good stories.

I tried using Raiden at first but online I am just getting juggled across the screen! How the heck I get 10 wins in a row I have no idea! My guy just seems real slow, I don't know if it is the way I am putting the combos together. Once I have the 10 wins out the way I don't really care if I lose the other 190 LOL!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I tried using Raiden at first but online I am just getting juggled across the screen! How the heck I get 10 wins in a row I have no idea! My guy just seems real slow, I don't know if it is the way I am putting the combos together. Once I have the 10 wins out the way I don't really care if I lose the other 190 LOL!

The problem with MKX is that it has been out for a long time, 10 in a row is gonna be a pain and I'm not sure if you can use the quit to XMB method to keep your streak going. Not an ideal way of playing but if it works, it works. I also still need the 10 wins in a row, but was also a little late to the party. My best bet is to wait a little until the servers are less occupied and login at the same time with a boosting partner at a ridiculous late time like 4AM. I know that works cause I did it that way on MK9. We met 20 times in a row on ranked matches and both got the trophy on that game :P  If you can't wait, I believe Lui Kang is always overpowered (cant remember if he was in MKX) or Raiden/Scorpion

If you wanna knock out some online matches every now and then, feel free to add me. We can have a chat while you keep mashing the down + triangle for uppercuts lol

• Like 4

13 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I remember watching people on YouTube kicking arse at the game and thought "That'll never be me". Though that was before I got into trophy hunting and before I even had internet on the house, so it hardly mattered anyway.

I bought the game just to try it out, and I learned that fighting games aren't my cup of tea (too many combos to learn across too many characters) so I moved on. All the best though!

• Like 1