Which suggestion/update do you want to see on PSNP first?

Mori

Which suggestion/update do you want to see on PSNP first?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Which suggestion/update do you want to see on PSNP first?

• The Ribbon System
    • Backlog on Profiles
    • Fixing Auto-Updates for everyone
    • Finishing the Series
    • White List for Trophies / Games
    • Option to remove completed games from gaming sessions
    • Unattainable trophies color coded and tagged
    • Fixing the Rarity Leaderboard
    • Improved Milestones

6 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I don’t know if there is a thread for it, I’ve also just seen it mentioned a couple of times and I definitely prefer the old milestones. But nvm, I already voted for whitelisting (that just needs to happen) and fixing the auto updates.

Dont get me wrong, I like the idea. But the other suggestions have some groundwork already, ideas on how to fix or update it. There isnt a plan yet, what customazible milestones should look like etc.

• Like 1

Mine aren't listed either. 

I'd like a more thorough auto-scan on trophy/profile updates that identifies specific non-negotiable, but frequently illegitimate trophies and blocks the profile from even loading into the site and/or leaderboards. That should stop a whole bunch of the disputes from happening in the first place.

• Like 1

Although all these ideas are great and would add value to this site and community, sadly I don't think many, if any, will ever get implemented. 

And for quite a while now this site has had the best layout and stats on display for tracking trophies etc, but it's stats are woefully outdated with the current broken auto update system that we have been getting told for ages now, "is getting fixed". Yet people have no where better to go unfortunately, so they are stuck with broken stats. 

Some of these ideas such as white listing go back years and there has never been official word as to whether this is actually being worked on in the background. The chat just goes around and around in circles and it comes up with nearly every dispute thread made on a cod game or gta for the last couple of years it seems. 

What should happen is sly should come out and write a post with these 8 ideas and write 'yes' or 'no' next to it and with the ones that are yes, give a time frame for a go live date so people have something to look forward to. It would put an end to a lot of this mindless chatter that goes on. 

Half the time I think this place gets so toxic is because there is all talk and no action and people are just getting jack of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

1. Series

2. Removing completed games from gaming sessions.

The first has been in progress for SO LONG and really needs to be finished.

The second would make gaming sections actually functional. I can't filter through 600 games to find the right one. 

I want the ability to see games I own but have not started to be added to the gaming sessions.  Maybe the backlog idea would also provide this.

• Like 2

I would say either backlog or rarity leaderboards. I have to pick one so it'll be rarity leaderboards. I'll give an example: 

Futuridium EP Deluxe Edition for PSVita. There are 13 people out there 100%'ed this game but it shows 19 people who 100% that.

Just so you know the poll can have multiple options selected, you may want to just make it one choice :P 

But yeah it would be nice to see the series system and VR tags finished. As I said in the part 2 post for the ribbon system, that is not first priority

Edited by BlindMango

4 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Although all these ideas are great and would add value to this site and community, sadly I don't think many, if any, will ever get implemented. 

And for quite a while now this site has had the best layout and stats on display for tracking trophies etc, but it's stats are woefully outdated with the current broken auto update system that we have been getting told for ages now, "is getting fixed". Yet people have no where better to go unfortunately, so they are stuck with broken stats. 

Some of these ideas such as white listing go back years and there has never been official word as to whether this is actually being worked on in the background. The chat just goes around and around in circles and it comes up with nearly every dispute thread made on a cod game or gta for the last couple of years it seems. 

What should happen is sly should come out and write a post with these 8 ideas and write 'yes' or 'no' next to it and with the ones that are yes, give a time frame for a go live date so people have something to look forward to. It would put an end to a lot of this mindless chatter that goes on. 

Half the time I think this place gets so toxic is because there is all talk and no action and people are just getting jack of it. 

Thats pretty much, what I was aiming at. Gathering some opinions on what the community thinks is the most valueable/ most important suggestion to them right now, and then ask Sly about it. I also wanted to gather some of the most requested suggestions in one thread, because most of them, while they get a lot of traction, get lost somewhere in the forum, until someone else starts a new topic about the same suggestion.

It will also be my last attempt in trying to get some change going on here or whatever that is what I am doing here right now. :D I am kinda fed up with being kept in uncertainty regarding a lot of issues on PSNP.

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm with BB. The current milestone system is jank, nobody asked for the changes that were made three years ago, and everybody who asked for them to be changed back was ignored. And, yes, this has been brought up before, including my topic last year: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/51861-suggestion-improved-milestones/

On this list, though? I dunno. I find it kinda ironic that the one being discussed most heavily is the one with the least amount of votes. And for all the time and effort that goes into monitoring other people's profiles, it amazes me that the white list hasn't been implemented yet. How many people have gotten screwed over because of that?

I'm going to vote for the option to remove completed games from gaming sessions because that should be very easy to implement, but these all look like welcome improvements.

Thanks, I havent found your thread, I just went through the first 10 pages in the sub-forum. Even though a good chunck of people already voted, I'll add it to the list.

3 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Just so you know the poll can have multiple options selected, you may want to just make it one choice :P 

But yeah it would be nice to see the series system and VR tags finished. As I said in the part 2 post for the ribbon system, that is not first priority

I know, I did that on purpose. Either way, there will be a favourite but I think its better if people can choose more than one, that way its get much clearer which things are important to most of us.

Also I didnt make this thread to undermine your suggestion, in fact yours is by far the best in terms of presentation and preparation.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Trophy Huntress said:

If this place becomes a literal ghost-town, you would deal a financial blow to the owner, THEN he will definitely listen to what you have to say and do what needs to be done. 

He's already got my lifetime membership, lol

But in any case, I'd really like to see the backlog feature implemented. I'd be nice not to constantly have to manually change my Google Sheet with the ever-changing trophy rarities.

• Like 1

it'd be nice if the search bar for games would be sorted, hate typing in a game and getting a load of irreverent titles before the one i actually typed in.

apart from that i'd like to see some of the broken tuff fixed before anything new gets added, apart from the series tabs of course.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

@Trophy Huntress “Solution”... I don’t think that word means what you think it means. 

Actually @Trophy Huntress is right that is a "solution" and one that has worked well in other situations. I honestly have bought almost a dozen people premium, and honestly I won't buy anymore because giving someone money that's not moving forward is silly I may as well light my money on fire for the same effect. 

Also just for lols

Solution
noun
  1. 1.
    a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation.
    "there are no easy solutions to financial and marital problems"
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

@mackenzie129 Point taken.

I just happen to think the specific suggestion put forward wouldn’t lead to the specific solution that was advocated for.

Fine well that solution would work the best and it's been proven statistically, how bout the "bounty board/hunter" solution. Hire out the community and inject code there's another solution that can work.

Speaking of removing completed games from gaming sessions, I’d also like to be able to join a gaming session for a game that’s not yet on my profile. While I was waiting for RDR to install I wanted to join a session but by the time I installed it and earned a trophy so it added the game to my profile the session was full. I find that more annoying than removing completed games tbh