Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

Quick update on my games, I'm slowly working my way through Mortal Kombat 9. I play a little bit each morning before gym/work and so far I've mastered 15 characters, which is about halfway. I usually afk EDF at the same time. When MK is finished I'll use that time in the morning to focus on No Death mode in VVVVVV I think.

VVVVVV, 0.28% - 90% completed

Cloudberry Kingdom, 0.10% - 90% completed

Nuclear Throne, 0.43% - 50% completed

Badland, 0.03% - 39% completed

Mortal Kombat, 0.62% - 91% completed

Dead or Alive 5, 0.51% - 91% completed

BattleFantasia, 0.62% - 87% completed

Trials Fusion, 0.11% - 84% completed

Retro/Grade, 0.34% - 80% completed

The Guided Fate Paradox, 1.77% - 62% completed

Xcom: Enemy Unknown, 0.96% - 29% completed

EDF 4.1, 0.88% - 8% completed

Hard Corps Uprising, 0.45% - 0% completed

• Like 1

I would like to join as well

My list:

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope Remastered(0.89%) - 0% 

Mugen Souls(0.85%) - 81%

Mugen Souls Z(2.02%) - 0%

The Idolmaster Platinum Stars(4.39%) - 46%

Hollow Knight(4.47%) - 0%

Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded(4.83%) - 0%

Shiren the Wanderer(0.77%) - 74%

Metal Gear Solid 2 Vita(2.11%) - 68%

Record of Agarest War(2.55%) - 50%

Tears to Tiara II(3.22%) - 0%

• Like 2

Small progress update, more like setup. Tales of Symphonia has been downloaded, looking to start on it next month or so around the holidays. I ended up jumping back into Disgaea 4. I think I'll take a similar approach to Rainbow Moon & try to play a bit every night. Right now my main members are nearing their second reincarnation from lvl 9999, so I'm always working on leveling. X-dimension is ~70% clear. I've started a Google doc with the skill lists & crossed off the already 76% I've seen. Then I've reacquainted myself with the item world, for better or worse.

My method is to clear 10 stages at a time, looking for statisticians (every 20th) or the mystery shop that sells skills (10s). Switch over to clear a couple stages in X- dimension, then power level for about 3000 levels for my main party while training ground/mana pyramid leveling any character I need skill scenes for. When I finish the skills I'll start on items & then pirate ship parts. Though as I'm going through the item world I check each enemy for new marked items & have my thief character steal them. So I might make good progress on that collection while working through the skills. I'll post my current stats below just to track progress over time.

Spoiler

Item Collection
Total: 44.29
Common: 82.66
Rare: 29.49
Legendary: 25.64

Pirate Ship Parts
Total: 8.19
Body: 19.35
Head: 4.54
Rear: 11.11
Left: 4.54
Right: 6.81
Top: 6.66

Object Collection (Is this one even necessary?)
Total: 79.54

Special Skills
Total: 76.20
Magic: 83.33
Fist: 77.77
Sword: 77.77
Spear: 66.66
Bow: 66.66
Gun: 88.88
Axe: 88.88
Skills: 52.94
Human: 67.24
Monster: 100
Magichange: 92.30
Tower: 100

All in all I've learned the Vita version got a bunch more exclusive content to cross off, which is awesome. I mean, in game clock has my current time at 142 hours. I'm all for more Disgaea.

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 1

After a month of deliberating, I have decided to join up here. I am usually not into going after Ultra Rare trophies because of the time commitment or frustration levels. However, I do have a backlog of games that, while may not have an Ultra Rare Platinum, have Ultra Rare 100%'s. So, since achieving 100% seems to be a theme put into this event, I figured why not try to clean them up. Some of these have been sitting on my backlog for over 10 years. My list is below and the 100% percentages are as of today, Nov. 28, 2019...

Game

PSNP 100% at start

My current comp. %

100% Comp. Date

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (PS4)

2.67%

56%

The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (PS4)

4.85%

25%

Fallout 4 (PS4)

1.79%

41%

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor GOTY (PS4)

2.43%

6%

Puppeteer (PS3)

4.38%

7%

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

2.34%

8%

Saint's Row the Third (PS3)

2.86%

15%

Hamilton's Great Adventure (PS3)

3.96%

9%

Little Big Planet (PS3)

1.43%

51%

Super Stardust HD (PS3)

1.72%

21%

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Now that @Fnee2000 mentions it, I have an additional question ,maybe I didn't understand the rules. Are ultra-rare 100% games(platinum +DLC) also allowed?cause if yes then woo boy do I have to increase my list there and I am more than eager to do so xD !  

Yeah I would also like to know that. 

Personally I think it should be a requirement that at least one trophy in the list is UR.... Take Diablo III as an example. The 100% completion rate is below 2%, but the entire list doesn't have one single UR trophy... So I would argue that it should not count for this event ?

If the base game isn't UR but DLC contains UR trophies (and 100% completion is consequently below 5%), I think that would be fine. 

• Like 2

Oh, if I misread the intent of this event, my apologies. From what I read it sounded like an Ultra Rare cleanup, as the title of the event insisted. If this is strictly an Ultra Rare Platinum event, then I will bow out. Most Ultra Rare Platinums are out of my reach due to the time needed to devout to them.

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Personally I think it should be a requirement that at least one trophy in the list is UR.... Take Diablo III as an example. The 100% completion rate is below 2%, but the entire list doesn't have one single UR trophy... So I would argue that it should not count for this event 1f605.png

If the base game isn't UR but DLC contains UR trophies (and 100% completion is consequently below 5%), I think that would be fine. 

This sounds sensible to me, but since it's not really a competition I guess people can choose however they want. I do personally think it's kinda pointless to pick games where none of the trophies are UR, even if the overall 100% is though.

49 minutes ago, Fnee2000 said:

Oh, if I misread the intent of this event, my apologies. From what I read it sounded like an Ultra Rare cleanup, as the title of the event insisted. If this is strictly an Ultra Rare Platinum event, then I will bow out. Most Ultra Rare Platinums are out of my reach due to the time needed to devout to them.

Dude, you've earned over 300 plats in the last 12 months, how can you say you don't have any time to game? It's just a different style of trophy hunting, you'll just earn plats at a slower rate. There's no requirement to hit a certain number of trophies or plats per day.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Personally I think it should be a requirement that at least one trophy in the list is UR.... Take Diablo III as an example. The 100% completion rate is below 2%, but the entire list doesn't have one single UR trophy... So I would argue that it should not count for this event 1f605.png

A better example would be King's Quest.  The 100% on that is indeed UR (and just above 2% at that), every trophy is above 10% rarity and the game takes under 20 hours to 100% with a guide.  The main reason why the 100% rarity went so low is because it was offered on PS Plus and the first episode is still free to all, but the rest do need to be bought   It's got some tricky missables, but there are plenty of guides to cover those.  I'd agree with your assessment that it shouldn't be eligible for this event.

However, I would argue against saying all games need a UR trophy to count.  One example of this that should count is Zuma. The 100% completion on that is 4.17%.  The main reason why most haven't finished the game is the trophy The Zen of Zuma which requires finishing a level in 8 seconds or less and is half skill/half luck, but that trophy currently has a 5.65% rarity.  Best I've done is 9 seconds and I've tried numerous times.  However, the trophies Get Rich Quick and From a Tadpole to a Frog also could be tripping up someone who had the luck of getting The Zen of Zuma already, especially if they don't know how Get Rich Quick works (it's actually a very easy trophy once you know how it works, very hard if you don't and make a bad assumption).  It is actually not an easy game to get the 100% in and The Zen of Zuma still evades me.

My view is this, if you want to limit stuff that has a UR 100% I'd add a couple of extra conditions.  One, if the game has DLC or has been offered on PS Plus, it better have UR trophies.  DLC definitely drives the 100% completion down and is likely the reason for a low 100%.  If a game has no DLC and has never been offered for free, then it's fine if it has no URs since that means there are multiple trophies giving people trouble, but it is sufficiently tricky enough to deserve the UR 100% even if no trophy is actually UR.

Checking in:

At the time of entering: October 27

Hitman 2 1.18% Progress 69%

(plus DLC Expansion 4.22%) - Progress 0%

Finished: December 1

Hitman 2 1.21% - Progress 100%

(plus DLC Expansion 4.60%) - Progress 100%

Now to 100% challenges in every map. Already did all the available escalations and every map is at an average of 80% except for 3 at 100%. But no rush, love this game. Going to take my time with that so I don't burn out. Hopefully by the time I'm done Hitman 3 will be out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Not sure if the host is still up for hosting, but I'll post my progress nonetheless 1f605.png Second game completed! 

S2a2132.png Death's Gambit - 4.74%

S55ee21.png Enter the Gungeon 

Sd619bd.png Divinity: Original Sin II 

Sfdd16f.png Nex Machina

Sce3d6a.png Pier Solar and the Great Architects 

S621d3a.png Lumo - 0.69%

S6de254.png Superhot VR 

S148dc0.png Trials Fusion

S4f18b6.png Badland

I had Death's Gambit sitting on my console since it released last year. And I'm happy that I waited, since it seems that the game was almost unplayable at launch! If you enjoyed Salt and Sanctuary, for example, then I can definitely recommend this one 1f642.png Don't let the plat-rarity fool you though! It is not overly hard, but getting the plat isn't a walk in the park either... Previous versions of the game had a debug-room that people used to unlock most trophies, but the room isn't there on the latest patch and beating some bosses on heroic legit is no joke. Without the debug-room, this game would easily be sub-2%. 

I already started Pier Solar for a change of genre 1f642.png I'm really in the mood for an old-school RPG. 

Seems like you're killing it so far, nice work :D I'm also unsure if the dude who made the thread is gonna continue with updates, but it's nice to track progress anyways. I really enjoyed Pier Solar, so I hope you do too. 

Also death's gambit sounds fun. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

• Like 1

I started up Arkham Origins and played through the Cold Cold Heart DLC to get the trophies related to it and used an exploit to get the Initiation DLC trophies so i made a good jump up in the game :)

Unravel 2 1.98%. Personal Progress: :platinum: 12th Nov 19

Worms Battlegrounds 0.46%. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 23rd Nov 19

X-Morph Defense 4.84%

Mirror's Edge 0.66%. Personal Progress: 51%

Batman Arkham Origins 1.05%. Personal Progress: 38% --> 53%

Driveclub 1.22%. Personal Progress: 34% :platinum:

Dead Island PS4 4.34%. Personal Progress: 12%

The Last Of Us PS4 2.96%. Personal Progress: 32%

Tower of Guns 2.07%. Personal Progress: 4%

Dishonored PS3 0.26%. Personal Progress: 87%

• Like 1

I wonder, if the organizer of the event doesn't show up anymore,can't someone else manage it? xD Is it allowed, considering how many are interested in this event?

Anyway, just a quick update with some extra 100%s. They don't have platinums but due to their difficulty and completion rate...I believe they also qualify. Hope nobody minds lol

1. Mortal Kombat XL (100% + DLC) - rarity 1.95%, 100% completed :platinum: 

2. Mortal Kombat - rarity 0.62%, 54% completed

3. Skullgirls 2nd Encore - rarity 0.91%, 74% completed

4. Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - rarity 1.12%, 80% completed

5. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - rarity 1.51% , 62% completed

6. Injustice Gods Among Us - rarity 0.12%, 82% completed

7. Mount and Blade Warband - rarity 1.17%, 31% completed

8. Slain: Back From Hell - rarity 3.68%, 12% completed

9. Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise - rarity 4.60%, 84% completed

10. Blur - Rarity 1.60%, 8% completed -> 17%->20%

11. Mirror's Edge - Rarity 3.03%, 5% completed

12. Batman Arkham City(PS3) - Rarity 4.76%, 3% completed

13. Lords of the Fallen - Rarity 4.35%, 7% completed

14. Death's Gambit - Rarity 4.86% , 3% completed

15. Batman Arkham Origins - Rarity 2.02%, 1% completed -> 14%

16. Darkstalkers Resurrection - Rarity 0.84%, 0% completed [NEW]

17. Broforce - Rarity 0.47%, 19% completed [NEW]

Bonus Round :

18. Super Street Fighter 4 - rarity 0.60% , 67% completed

19. Street Fighter 5 - rarity 1.37%, 53% completed

20. Overwatch Origins Edition - rarity 1.89%, 23% completed

21. Catherine - Rarity 1.29%, 1% completed

I am really just preparing my stash for next year. Tomorrow I shall focus on Darkstalkers online trophy (yes the online still works)

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

Innnn.

Might as well shoot for the stars. Already on the final grindy stretch for a few, hopefully finished up before the new year. The rest have been sitting in my backlog untouched.

1. Dragon Ball Xenoverse (3.60%), - 97%.

2. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (1.15%), - 91%.

3. Unravel Two (1.99%), - 0%.

4. Devil May Cry 5 (3.70%) - 0%.

5. PlayStation VR Worlds (0.66%) - 0%.

6. Outlast 2 (1.73%) - 0%.

7. Super Meat Boy (0.19%) - 0%.

8. Project Cars 2 (4.68%) - 0%.

9. Gran Turismo Sport (0.74%) - 0%.

10. Yakuza 0 (3.29%) - 0%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Together_Comic said:

I think they would have to start their own tread to do so (blackjack and hookers optional). ?

Exactly! Some events gain momentum and kind of run themselves. So I hope the OP does come back and try to pick things up. Not much is needed for this event other than maintaining an official list.  

43 minutes ago, spacey_dweeb said:

Exactly! Some events gain momentum and kind of run themselves. So I hope the OP does come back and try to pick things up. Not much is needed for this event other than maintaining an official list.  

Yeah, I don't think this one direly needs someone to keep tabs on a list.  Most of us are being helpful and answering questions.  About the only other benefit a new thread and someone to maintain could do is being able to clarify rules.  Keeping tabs of people who joined can also be done via a spreadsheet on google, especially if we want to add tracking for who completed what.

Usually the best thing to do is to have someone keep up a list on google so if the creator does come back, they have less work to do.  If they don't, then we still have the info and can keep the same thread.  To be honest for events an external document is usually best because if life happens there can be someone else to help out until things improve.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Usually the best thing to do is to have someone keep up a list on google so if the creator does come back, they have less work to do.  If they don't, then we still have the info and can keep the same thread.  To be honest for events an external document is usually best because if life happens there can be someone else to help out until things improve.

Great idea! As soon as I get to work I can create one. 

I show more interest in this event than my actual work.. xD

• Like 3