Persona 5 ROYAL trophies are up! Anyone know Japanese?

linkdevivo

Disappointed the trophy list isn't a lot tougher but this is Persona 5, and just like the base game, I won't be caring about trophies at all during my first playthrough, I'll just be playing through and completing as much as I can without worrying about trophies, I'll concentrate on those during my 2nd run of the game. 

Edited by Venocide

What the fuck, how does a trophy discussion lead to this worthless bitching ?. 

OT: Obviously I will get the plat but I would have liked if it was more of a challenge. The trophy images look very sexy once again though ?! 

• Like 4

Its good they removed the lines trophy, but they seemed to have removed EVERYTHING grindy.

No trophy for maxing ALL confidants

No trophy for reading ALL books

No trophy for ALL games

No trophy for ALL personas

No trophy for ALL requests

No trophy for secret boss

No trophy for big fish

All we have now are story and the random misc trophies. Wonder what all the new mechanics require, hopefully no grinding

Edited by Optinooby

4 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

There should have been achievements for beating P3 and P4 protagonist honestly. Really easy trophy list though I suspect this will be a pretty common platinum compared to the base game and P4G

You can't include DLC as part of a base game's trophy list

no Golden Finger soothes my soul

Edited by Muur1993
  • Like 1

As someone who has plattet the original (well, saving it for a milestone but have the last trophy ready) it's kinda cool to have a different list when playing it again 

But I am somewhat sad that stuff like "complete the compendium" or "max pur all confidant" are gone since they were great fun and a lot of people will most likely miss out on them now (if they are after the plat and not doing everything the game has to offer) 

I am especially sad the Trophy for the secret boss ist gone. 

The secret Boss was and incredible fun challange imo and perfect for a trophy

I am glad that the random line Trophy is gone, not gonna lie. 

This was the only annoying one. 

So yeah, on one hand it's refreshing to have a new list for people who plattet the original but if Royal is the first Version of P5 someone is playing its sad that they will miss out on the perfectly fun trophy list the standart Edition had to offer 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Slur:

noun
noun: slur; plural noun: slurs
1. an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.
"the comments were a slur on the staff"

Spare me your bullshit. Now saying japanese language is an insult? Go be an SJW in ResetEra. I think that you saw the condensed version in the home menu but the title was always "Japanese". Next time read correctly instead of accusing someone of being racist.

I can assure you SnowxSakura is far from being an SJW. Besides 10-1 the moment he'd show up to ResetERA they'd ban him.

I'm kinda shocked this list is so easy compared to the original P5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoniqueOP said:

As someone who has plattet the original (well, saving it for a milestone but have the last trophy ready) it's kinda cool to have a different list when playing it again 

But I am somewhat sad that stuff like "complete the compendium" or "max pur all confidant" are gone since they were great fun and a lot of people will most likely miss out on them now (if they are after the plat and not doing everything the game has to offer) 

I am especially sad the Trophy for the secret boss ist gone. 

The secret Boss was and incredible fun challange imo and perfect for a trophy

I am glad that the random line Trophy is gone, not gonna lie. 

This was the only annoying one. 

So yeah, on one hand it's refreshing to have a new list for people who plattet the original but if Royal is the first Version of P5 someone is playing its sad that they will miss out on the perfectly fun trophy list the standart Edition had to offer 

That's true, no chance I'd see all the social links and do the NG+ stuff now lol

Persona 5 wasn't that bad, but it is a shame they removed a lot of the difficulty the second time around. 

I'm still gonna play the new one, mainly because they are following in Persona 3 Portable's footsteps. Closest thing imma get to a remaster anytime soon.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

I’m honestly glad the super grindy trophies are gone. I loved it but I was never able to platinum the original game simply because I do not have time to play the game I played for 120 hours already another time and grind trophies for another 100 hours. I can finish 3 games in that time. It’s a shame too because I absolutely adore the game. But it looks like now I will be finally able to nab a Persona platinum, so I’m personally happy.?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

People actually had trouble with Futaba's navigation lines trophy in P5? I could maybe understand that complaint about Rise's navigation lines trophy in P4G (even though I've never had an issue getting that both times I got the plat), but they made it waaaay easier in P5. You hardly even need to go out of your way to get it from what I remember.

It's not about having trouble but the trophy was simply annoying for the fact that the game forced you to play shitty. Like getting as many status ailments for different characters on purpose just so Futaba can leave her 2 cents there. Not having this trophy makes the experience better.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Its good they removed the lines trophy, but they seemed to have removed EVERYTHING grindy.

And that is a good thing in my book. As someone who platted the original I wanted to avoid the Royal simply because I do not want to do all of that again. Now I can actually just relax and play the game in my own tempo. Its the longest JRPG(which I played and aware of) already as of the vanilla version, and not something that I want to REPLAY a second time after a blind playthrough. 

Grindy trophies are bad. They mostly don't provide any content and just force you to do a lot of stuff that you don't need at all. Like Futaba lines or Persona Compendium. Especially because fusing menu very clunky. It's basically an hour or so on "menu'ing" once you have a lot of money. And I don't need all of this personas anyway. The ones I wanted I have already fused. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Muur1993 said:

You can't include DLC as part of a base game's trophy list

no Golden Finger soothes my soul

Assassins Creed Brotherhood, and Revelations on PS4 came with the DLC built into the main game, and the trophies followed suit, in the case of a rerelease of an ultimate edition DLC trophies can be taken away and added into the main game list. So they could have added trophies in this game for the DLC, assuming it comes with all DLC upon release. 

I'm torn about this list. On one hand I'm happy I won't have to stare at a guide the whole way through to max everything in 1 playthrough. On the other hand, they seemed to have removed any hint of a challenge like the fishing, complete all games and secret boss trophies. I'm fine with the Futaba and 100% personas trophies missing because I don't feel they really add anything but, no max all confidants? That definitely adds to the experience. 

12 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

It's not about having trouble but the trophy was simply annoying for the fact that the game forced you to play shitty. Like getting as many status ailments for different characters on purpose just so Futaba can leave her 2 cents there. Not having this trophy makes the experience better.

I didn't have to do that tho. only reason to struggle with it is if you refuse to use every party member equally 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Muur1993 said:

I didn't have to do that tho. only reason to struggle with it is if you refuse to use every party member equally 

Not the person you were replying to but, I just want to weigh in on this.

It's not so much refusing, as it is not being bothered to go through to hoops required to actually change my party in the first place. For the first part of the game, you can't change characters mid battle. You have to go into the menu between battles, scroll down about 4 or 5 options and then organise your party from there. I'm not doing that after every battle or every 5 battles. Once you unlock the Star confidant and raise it up a couple of levels, then you can change mid battle. ONLY on Joker's turn and ONLY ONE character per turn. This also uses up Joker's turn. Not until you max out the confidant (or at least rank 8 or 9 I forget) can you change characters on anyones turn. 

It's just all a bit of a faff, and the combat system itself isn't complex enough to worry about which characters you have in your party. 

I'm going to be playing the PS3 Jap version of this soon after platting the English one, It's like I'm suddenly super excited about this release though I didn't like it that much when it was first released. I def didn't know about the amount of changes with P5R but I do know I won't be waiting for the Eng Sub.