EA remasters coming

snakebit10

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

Couldn't agree more.

@PooPooBlast Just play the pc version. Personally I'd love to get another 100% in this game but since i started to play the pc version, the console version is so inferior. Even with 60 fps. You need a mouse to constantly pull of all these precise advanced techniques. Never thought i would ever say that (cause I'm a console player for everything else), but a controller is a big handicap in this game.

Lol! I don't even have a PC to begin with. I just own a laptop for university and work which I doubt would be able to run the game. 

But still though I'd be down for a Mirror's edge remaster. I never once felt that I was held back because of a controller. Plus it'll give me an excuse to replay it when there's another 100% to achieve. 

1 minute ago, PooPooBlast said:

Lol! I don't even have a PC to begin with. I just own a laptop for university and work which I doubt would be able to run the game. 

But still though I'd be down for a Mirror's edge remaster. I never once felt that I was held back because of a controller. Plus it'll give me an excuse to replay it when there's another 100% to achieve. 

Yeah i started speedrunning it on a laptop. Just watch some professional speedruns on speedrun.com, than you'll know what i mean. The movement is waaay more fun on pc. Didn't expect that back when i played it on ps3

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some of these games

Mass Effect Trilogy
007 Everything or Nothing
SSX
Skate
Dragon Age Trilogy
Harry Potter Games
Need for Speed Underground

Also wouldn't mind if the Mass Effect Trilogy came to Nintendo Switch either or Dragon Age Trilogy.

Everything or Nothing is a good one...one of the most underrated Bond games out there. Probably my second favorite Bond game behind Goldeneye (with The World is Not Enough in close third). 

For me EA games i'd like remasters of are

Dragon Age Origins (all DLC included + Golems DLC difficulty Nerfed and Darkspawn Kill Trophies that actually Work)

Dragon Age 2 (All DLC included)

Mass Effect Trillogy (all DLC except the Comics included + MP having no effect on SP cause that was annoying)

007 Everything or Nothing

BF - Bad Company 1 and 2

Dead Space Trilogy (Get rid of the Co-Op in 3)

Kingdoms of Amalur

The Saboteur

Dante's Inferno

On 10/30/2019 at 11:50 AM, snakebit10 said:

If they do Bad Company remasters, I hope they would leave out the MP trophies like other remasters have done.

Agree. Never finished the multiplayer portion of either game. Maybe they’ll add new trophies for the single player? 

1 hour ago, LoneGuitarist said:

Dead Space Trilogy (Get rid of the Co-Op in 3)

Hell no. That'd be very stupid considering the game was built from the ground up with that in mind, it's the first Dead Space game VG finally realized their goal in incorporating coop, there's replay-value and unique content (including story) tied to it, and it's incredibly fun to play with friends/competent randoms. If anything, Dead Space 2's OMP is the one that needs to go.

Edited by EcoShifter

On 10/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, Montyzu said:

Mass Effect would be awesome, one of my favorite series ever.

Hope they dont do a lazy remaster, ME1 needs some gameplay rework as well, it was already a pain to play 10 years ago.

One lazy thing in ME1 is how some of the maps are recycled for bases and hideouts. Let's see some of them get changed. ME3 has some gameplay tweaks that should be backported to the remasters of 1 and 2. I like Shepard's improved agility during combat in 3, along with the stamina gauge's removal. The AI is definitely better, with some enemies using suppressive tactics against you while others try to breach. As for the cooldowns on powers, there should be a choice to use the original separate ones or ME3's unified style.

Now the soundtracks need to stay the same. Since the ME Trilogy is on Unreal Engine 3, EA/Bioware should ditch Frostbite just this once and go with UE4 if they work on a remaster of it.

21 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Maybe now would be the ideal time to remaster Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect after so long and Dead Space despite it making the most sense to. But if there's ever a chance for a KOTOR remaster this seems to be the best shot at it.

Nah, I think we're looking at Aspyr, the guys handling the Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy ports on PS4, they've previously ported KOTOR to mobile.

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Mass Effect is dead to me.

Yet... I'll still happily buy the trilogy remaster. 

Otherwise I really don't care about anything EA does.

I couldn't really care less for EA either. They killed BioWare for me. I wish BW were on their own still... without EA pulling the strings, Andromeda may have fared better. BioWare Edmonton was working on Inquisition and later Anthem, while the lesser-experienced Montreal team got Andromeda. Also it ran into some development problems with Frostbite which isn't exactly the most RPG friendly thing. Shame they didn't get to use UE4 instead.

I'd rather see EA just concentrate on their sports games, instead of acquiring damn near every developer that's out there only to shut them down whenever they feel like it.