This is a genuinely decent game

Terminator 1 is my favourite film of all time and after the absolute and utter shite that were Genisys and the even worse abysmal Dark Fate I've been very angry about all the Terminator franchise milking that has been going on in recent years.

How in the hell did this game fall under my radar? All I've been hearing about lately is those stupid DLC for various games like Mortal Kombat 11.

Yet the best Terminator game ever made, even better than Future Shock in my opinion, why on earth wasn't this classic gem being promoted instead?

If you play this game on a harder setting and do all the side quests you've easily got yourself a 25-30 hour game.

The music and graphics, they have done such a good job on this game, honestly feels like that horrible future portrayed in the first movie. I am genuinely shocked at how awesome this game is. Now this, THIS should have been the plot to Terminator 3 or Terminator Salvation.

It's practically a crime that over 100,000 people just on this very site have played Terminator Salvation when this classic exists and probably might not even break 10,000...

Sure the loading times are a bit long sometimes, and sure it is a bit short compared to most games like this, but the game is a perfect length to be honest, no grinding, no stupid collectables to extend the gameplay. It's far better and longer than Salvation ever was.

My god it has been many years since I played a game and couldn't wait to continue playing it again.

I'm not joking when I say this might be my GOTY, Even without Arnie being in it! And that is saying something.

I feel sad though that so many people probably won't get to play it, I mean, I didn't even know the game existed until a few weeks ago ffs...

We need to send a Terminator back in time to change the past so Dark Fate never got made!

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

Currently downloading the game. All I want is a nice Terminator experience. This post will be updated.

Edit:

My opinion after the platinum...

Well, I'm a big Terminator fan, so this is an honest review. It's way better than that Rambo game they made years ago. But still not a good game. Same level as Salvation on PS3. Story was okay and the last half hour was really good with lot's of fan service but in case of gameplay, graphics and many other things decisions were made that are simply unfinished or not thought through well... AI is terrible - it's dumb as fuck!  Graphics look like this game was time traveling from 2009 into our world of today. Crafting system is useless, dialog system almost useless. Could name a few things more but it's not worth the effort...

I expected more after some feedback from users here. This game is not worth more than 10 bucks. Can't understand why people here argue this would be a good game. It's not. Defiantly not. Hard to say this as a fan, we'll still have to wait for a good Terminator game. Maybe someday...

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

I can say I have rather enjoyed it myself. I have just a little bit left for the platinum. It gets the job done. I actually like the characters and their roles in the game. I skipped some of the side quest. 

It definitely is not the worst game ever. I know people expected it to be bad because it's from the same ones who made that Rambo game.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished it and honestly had zero complaints.  It's not as polished as bigger titles sure but what it does it does well enough to be enjoyable and all the little lore easter eggs were fun.  I too noticed the guy who's the face of the T-1000 on the experimentation table and it made me smile.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m having fun with it. I’ve never played a first person shooter, so this is new territory for me. I like how it kind of has elements from the last of us with finding items  and the skill point tree reminds me of assassin‘s creed and horizon zero dawn

Edited by sealightbreeze

8 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I’m having fun with it. I’ve never played a first person shooter, so this is new territory for me. I like how it kind of has elements from the last of us with finding items  and the skill point tree reminds me of assassin‘s creed and horizon zero dawn

It may has those systems but it's totally unbalanced and therefore a bad construction. But just my opinion. 

I just finished it and have to say that i agree that it's a very good game. The last mission was a little weak and by then i felt the repetitive nature of the game. I was just going for the Platinum, but found myself totally into the game. The ending sucked, i won't spoil it, but i was shocked by it as well as the little sex scene towards the end. I had to go to Youtube to see if people posted it and it's there. I had to laugh at some of the comments.

2 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

I just finished it and have to say that i agree that it's a very good game. The last mission was a little weak and by then i felt the repetitive nature of the game. I was just going for the Platinum, but found myself totally into the game. The ending sucked, i won't spoil it, but i was shocked by it as well as the little sex scene towards the end. I had to go to Youtube to see if people posted it and it's there. I had to laugh at some of the comments.

The last mission was actually the best in my opinion. The ending was predictable, you could hear who the stranger was just because of his voice. I actually liked it. The sex scenes were a little funny but clearly felt forced. I never felt a connection between the characters. I was simply not good enough written for emotions to rise. 

• 4 weeks later...

I got this game from Gamefly, and it is a perfect example of a game that should be rented.  In fact, I wish there were more games like this.  It's not a fantastic story, but it was decently engaging if you discount the repetitive and dull side missions.  You won't really break a sweat trying to finish it (though I could see it being tough in places on the hardest difficulty).  In short, a nice way to spend a day and collect a platinum trophy.

I do wish there hadn't been quite so much ammo, though.  To be fair, I played it on easy, so there might have been an ammo scarcity on higher levels, but I don't know.  Also, as someone earlier pointed out, you are just overwhelmed with crafting materials.  On top of that, the only thing I ever really crafted was pipe bombs.  In fact, crafting just seemed to be tacked on to give the game more depth.  Crafting was so unnecessary that I only placed two skill points into it and could have done the whole game with just one.

There was a decent amount of fun to be had but absolutely zero replay value. This game is the very definition of a renter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shame on me i started watching the terminator series last summer and now would call me a big fan of the first two (maybe three? Everything afterwards was way worse) and i was really looking forward to this. The game didn't disappoint. 60 bucks was a bit to expensive but the prize dropped pretty quickly. 20-30 bucks even 40 is a great prize for a fan of the movies. It's one of the best movie adaptations i've ever played tbh. So many great details in story and visuals.The big surprise gem last year for me

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While not worth 60 bucks this is by no means a bad game. A little bit of other games' ideas (Skyrim lockpicking) and solid gunplay. Great plus in catching the visual style of the movies (the future elements) and not annoying with tedious tasks. Game's length is just right for the budget and material it is based on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...