Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

8 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm not buying buying games at release, i'm waiting for complete editons (with dlcs i mean).Haven't done it since 2013 (GTA V) and i will do it only for Last of Us 2 and maybe FF7 Remake this year.

Also my backlog from ps4,ps3,psv and the games in my wishlist for those 3 systems can last me till ps6 release date. Completion takes time

Makes sense. Also I'm fully aware that completion takes time, I'm just not interested in that many games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BossZombieMan said:

First of all, it would only be for ps4 games and what's the point of doing these games while you can still do these on other consoles ? 

And this retrocompatibility stuff will provoque less new games from developers. It will be worse than remastered. Today nothing is created, everything is recycled. New original games would be better.

The fact that it would only be ps4 is to be blamed to Sony's incompetence, not people  wanting BC, ps3 has trophies like ps4.

You're not seeing this in an objective view, my friend, what if someone sold their ps3 or 4 and now can't get those trophies? What if it broke? What if someone  can use  a ps3/4 and a ps5 to self boost some online trophies? What if they just want to create  a new profile for 100% completion rate and need old games for it? You talk about trophies  but there are several motivations to get BC just for them.

You also have no proof that  this would slow down game's production, unless you think remasters are "new games" because they give you a new stack of trophies, and even if it were true,  oh no, woe is me, how will I live with Sony skipping their yearly third person cinematic game.

32 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm not buying buying games at release, i'm waiting for complete editons (with dlcs i mean).Haven't done it since 2013 (GTA V) and i will do it only for Last of Us 2 and maybe FF7 Remake this year.

Also my backlog from ps4,ps3,psv and the games in my wishlist for those 3 systems can last me till ps6 release date. Completion takes time

Sounds like you just don't like games. 
Getting to the complete edition part(if such a thing happens for all games) first requires the initial release and be relatively successful.

You then wanting said complete version hinges on it being a game you wanted in the first place not the label "complete".

Such an overfocus on complete editions would require the ability to see into the future and low caring about games themselves. 

30 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

The fact that it would only be ps4 is to be blamed to Sony's incompetence, not people  wanting BC, ps3 has trophies like ps4.

You're not seeing this in an objective view, my friend, what if someone sold their ps3 or 4 and now can't get those trophies? What if it broke? What if someone  can use  a ps3/4 and a ps5 to self boost some online trophies? What if they just want to create  a new profile for 100% completion rate and need old games for it? You talk about trophies  but there are several motivations to get BC just for them.

You also have no proof that  this would slow down game's production, unless you think remasters are "new games" because they give you a new stack of trophies, and even if it were true,  oh no, woe is me, how will I live with Sony skipping their yearly third person cinematic game.

If people sold their ps3 or have a broke ps3, it's way less expensive to buy a new ps3 instead of a ps5.

iv already said my opinion on this but with sony announcing basically everything expect the actual design of the PS5 i can re confirm that i will still be buying it idc bout the design of the console to much i mainly care about the games & that all my friends are getting the PS5 also

Edited by Pokny

2 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

A moot argument, as the ps5 would act as a QoL fix for trophy hunters, instead than its primary function like the ps3   regarding playing older games with trophies.

I don't know what QOL. But the old ones are best ones. Nothing beats the feeling of playing PS3.

It depends on how better the PS4 games will be on PS5. I wont buy and play TLOU 2 FF7 and cyberpunk because i want the full experience on PS5. Among other i think of games like Control Ghost of tsushima deserved to be next gen games more than PS4 ones.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Obviously you haven't played a lot of dlcs

Yeah, still. Getting to the "complete" edition still needs the game to sell well in it's initial release or have a crazy good tail like The Surge. Waiting will result in a lower price but waiting for a complete edition to happen specifically is absurd because those don't always happen.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

No. It means that when i have a backlog that requires 4-digit hours to play, i don't care about buying a new game at release.

You sound like playing ''older'' games is a crime.What am i losing if i play a 2020 game in 2022?

The glitches that will be fixed in the 15 patches after release?

The joy of reinstalling a 50,60,100 gb game because a new dlc came out?

I wasn't commenting about whether you have a backlog. My point is every game doesn't get a complete version but you can definitely wait and only buy games that happen to get complete versions. Which looks like buying a cheap game with a specific label is more important than the game itself.

Glitches? Well, the "complete" edition doesn't come with the label "bug-free". You're just at  then end of the support for any given game at that point. Whatever bugs remain will stay there as opposed to when the game was new and devs actively listened to gamers about issues. Crazy how people want to demean the patch and support of a game over not getting fixes, as if not getting fixes means there are no bugs. 

Reinstalling games come down to how the individual plays their games.Personally, if I know that a new game I have will get DLC soon I don't uninstall it until I get and play the DLC.  Being a gamer that reads gaming news I am rarely surprised by DLC for a game that I have or uninstalled. 

• Like 2

Depends on a few things. I'm very interested in Godfall, that game looks amazing! But there is just not enough info in regards to the PS5 for me yet to decide if I want to buy it day one.
How expensive will it be, are there other games for launch I'm interested in, the backward compatibility with PS4 games (sounded like they might not be able to make every game playable, at least not on launch day).
All this talk about the logo and the hardware doesn't make me wanna buy it and it's quite frustrating they're so secretive and unsure of things with their own console, just give us some useful info next time please ! ?

No.  I learned my lesson with "Day 1" launches (looking at the fat boy PS3).

What is the full story with the backwards compatibility?  Some PS4 games and no PS3 games?
The improved hardware does nothing for me considering a decent amount of games coming out from indie developers have MSPaint/Atari/Nintendo/PS1 graphics*.

* I do love good pixel art.  It's just too common now it's visually appealing factor is lost with me.

No, for sure.

There are way too many games I want to play on PS4.Last time I got my PS4 in the month of release, therefore I just never finished so many awesome stuff on PS3. Not all that bothered to "be behind", as I accepted that I do not have time to be caught up with all the new stuff, so I enjoy games at my own pace, possibly when I get them for free through PS PLUS.

Will get it once a good bundle comes along:)

On 20.3.2020 at 10:15 AM, Juzota said:

I'm old because I remember the days when we played games just for fun.

I am not one of these people who stalk people to find something to argue about... So I do not know how old you are, but I am going to turn 30 soon and in my opinion we are living in the best times right now when it comes to entertainment. But this is a forum about PlayStation trophies, so let us stick with trophies... I think that trophies are a great addition to games. I consider them fun. I have more fun playing games these days, because I really have a really big attention deficit. I mean, I am still AFC (away from console) all the time to check on Facebook, 9Gag, Youtube, PSNP, stuff like that... But trophies give me motivation to come back to games and to even finish them, instead of simply starting a new one instead. Even more than that. If you have 100% trophies you actually REALLY finished a game. And that is a good feeling. And let's be honest... Why would you search for collectibles, if not for trophies? For a cosmetic reward? Pfff... Not satisfying at all! Man, back then in Assassins Creed 1, in 2007 I think, I was still playing on XBox360. There are multiple achievements about collecting flags and it had 400 (or 500?) flags. People called me crazy, but I collected all of them. They did not show up on the (mini)map. You needed to search for them on your own or google them. Why I did that? Because achievements are fun and feel rewarding. (But now that I am with Sony's trophies, I must say, that they feel WAY better than achievements!) It always feels soooo good when you are working on your 100% and come near to the end. The good feeling of "bringing something to an end". Before trophies I have never actually finished GTA SanAndreas for example. As said, I have a very low attention span. Now I did! And I am happy and proud about it! So, yes, I am basically playing games for trophies. But why is that wrong? Trophies are fun and make me experience the WHOLE game. :)

On 20.3.2020 at 11:30 AM, BloodyRutz said:

How are you people not excited about next-gen games? I know there are plenty of great games for PS4, but still.. Wait 2 years to try PS5 games?

Dunno. Maybe I am getting old... And do not need the newest of the newest all the time. :awesome: I am still not done with my PS3 and Vita, and yesterday I saw that I have 220 entries in my PS4 library even though I am hiding everything I have 100% trophies at. And I am still not done with shopping... So, I came to the conclusion that I am going to buy a PS5 Pro when Sony announces the PS6. I will have then the newest revision, with all problems sorted out. Games will be super cheap. And it will be silent. Like my PS4 Pro 7200 is. My best friends PS4 Pro sounds like an airplane. Sucks for him that he did not wait and bought the 7000 right away.

On 20.3.2020 at 1:29 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the series x has 52 compute units, and a gpu clock speed of 1.8mhz

ps5 has a gpu clock speed of 2.3mhz (no boost) and 32 CUs.

the only downside to the ps5 at all is the crappy HDD capacity

I did not even know that the PS5 will have an HDD. Thought they are going with an SSD this time.

And, man, with the specs you mentioned, well, at least it is stronger than a PS1. I mean, I do not think so, but at least on paper and in theory... It had 33.86MHz. But I wonder how your [email protected] would have turned out. :hmm: Anyway, in the end TFLOPS are not doing anything. It is just a measurement for THEORETICAL hardware power. Games will for sure look the same on both consoles.

Some mentioned that the ssd capacity is low with 8xx GB, but in this case you should not forget that the ps5 games will also need 2-3 times less space on your ssd.

You can not compare the size of a ps4 and ps5 because the games will be much smaller.

No point in buying it Day One.

If the PlayStation 5 is going to get an "upgrade" like the PlayStation 4 did, I might as well wait on it.

There's going to be a LOT of updates and changes done to the system I'm sure. The PS4 nowadays is completely different from what it was back in November 2013. It's a much more usable system now, in late 2013 it felt like a console that was still in it's beta stages even weeks after it was released in stores.

The PS5 is only going to have a handful of games, and that's not good enough for me to consider buying it. I don't want to pay a high price for a console that is probably going to experience a lot of changes over the years and have a lot more games added onto it.

The PS4 had Knack and Killzone Shadow Fall, not bad exclusives at all, but not necessarily the best. Generally I think the best stuff comes during the mid cycle stage. Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 showcased that on the PS3, Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn did so on the PS4 respectively.

But even so, I've reached the point where realism in AAA games and 4K/8K graphics don't move me much. Marvel's Spider-Man is good enough, I think going much further is practically overkill.

• Like 1

I have so many damn games to play on the PS4, it'll take me like a year to work through my backlog, and in the meantime I'll be able to pick up games cheap from all the people upgrading their own consoles. Just look at how many games came out for both the PS3 and PS4 during that transition.

Eventually a PS5-worthy game will be at the top of my backlog, and I'll use that as an excuse to get the console. Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077, any of the big sequels (Last of Us 2, God of War 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, etc), Ghost of Tsushima, and so on.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin
  • Like 2