Big in Japan sale NA 2/21-3/6

RJP_X

44 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

nier automata is another i don't know much about

H-how is this possible? Please buy and play it, and correct this monumental error. :P

This sale is too good. Probably be buying a half a dozen games. There's more that I want, but the possible total is high enough already. :/ 428, Chaos;Child, Kill la Kill, Gal*Gun 2, FF8, and FF9 are all in my cart. A little over $70 right there. DX

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, majob said:

The Remasters for the PS4 would still be considered a new release as they're barely a month old and I honestly can't recall the last time the PS3 and Vita  titles ever went on sale and Double Dragon is practically fresh out the gate

You don't have to remind me on the Vita Dusk games. I have been watching prices on them for years and the lowest I remember seeing is $22.99 apiece - and that was only once or twice.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, awf9495 said:

Chaos;Child is fantastic. I like Steins;Gate just a tad more but it is easily in my top 5 visual novels. It is much (and I mean MUCH) darker than Steins;Gate. When you get about 2/3 through the game, make sure you have someone nearby who can give you a hug or a therapist on call - at the very least a box of tissues at the ready.

sounds like it will be right up my alley. someone to hug... hope a cat counts. :'D thanks for the input as this is literally the only thing i have heard about this VN. had no idea if it was any good.

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

H-how is this possible? Please buy and play it, and correct this monumental error. :P

This sale is too good. Probably be buying a half a dozen games. There's more that I want, but the possible total is high enough already. :/ 428, Chaos;Child, Kill la Kill, Gal*Gun 2, FF8, and FF9 are all in my cart. A little over $70 right there. DX

digital wise, i don't think its been on sale for this price which is a wide majority of my game purchases and... all i ever heard was good on the game but never really looked into it for some reason. i guess anything is possible in this life we live in right even some blasphemy such as that. xD 

i had a lot of fun with gal gun 2, recommend it at that price, at least from the enjoyment i got out of it. double peace was better but had a lot of fun with both. their awfully low metacritic scores don't mean shit. :P 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:30 AM, AlchemistWer said:

I hope some poeple buy Arland serie in this new sales because is very rare see this serie on NA sales. ? Probably I will get Neptunia RPG and some new visual novels.

Most koei tecmo games rarely go on sale, greedy publisher, it's not like people will buy 3+ year old games at full price anyway especially for vita and ps3, it seems to be the only publisher that think so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Is Life Is Strange 2 worth it if I absolutely loved the first season and the Before the Storm prequel? I've seen that 2 is nothing like either of those seasons.

I noticed that one, too. But with how much I may already be buying, I'm gonna hold off. It'll likely be on sale about a dozen more times throughout the year, maybe for a lower price. As seen by the price history for it, it has been on sale frequently.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I noticed that one, too. But with how much I may already be buying, I'm gonna hold off. It'll likely be on sale about a dozen more times throughout the year, maybe for a lower price. As seen by the price history for it, it has been on sale frequently.

Duuuude. Why didn't I know that this existed? That's pretty awesome! I always kept mental notes of games I wanted but this is pretty useful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Is Life Is Strange 2 worth it if I absolutely loved the first season and the Before the Storm prequel? I've seen that 2 is nothing like either of those seasons.

It depends. LiS 2 has a very different story, no powers can be controlled directly by the player, and I advise against it if you don't want a story with a lot of American politics involved. That being said, I personally like Sean better than Max, and the relationship the brothers have is really nice. There's also more than two endings, so your choices do matter :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Depends if you really "need" to play it now. It's only 60% off. Im sure we will see it 70%-80% later this year. If not the same 60% again. But its a decent price now.

games from the sale:

Pixeljunk Monsters 2 (ps4)
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time (ps4)
Demon Gaze 2 (ps4)
Nippon Marathon (ps4)

going to go back in with 20$ more before the sale ends need to make sure the game i ordered works, need to at the very least get steins gate.

Edited by lordguwa

On 2/21/2020 at 1:38 PM, awf9495 said:

I would like to pick something up for the Vita but not much interests me that I don't own or haven't played. Anyone have thoughts on Exist Archive or the Psychedelica games?

I might be late to this party, but Exist Archive is...OK. I detested it when I first started it, and it went into the backlog for months (if not years). However, once I got into it, it was OK.

If you're an old Valkyrie Profile fan, this game tries to be like that, but fails. However, once you get past that failure, it ends up being an OK game. I'm not sure how many more times I can say OK in this post, so...OK game.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, DamagingRob said:

I'm actually pretty pleased with this sale, too. I bought $60 worth of games. That's almost what I spent for the entire year of 2019 (not including PS+ subscription).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1