Big in Japan sale NA 2/21-3/6

RJP_X

The time has come to get Start Ocean: First Departure. I said I would get it at discount, and it's here.

Secret of Mana would be tempting if I couldn't pick it up for $16 on Amazon. Danganronpa V3 is another big possibility. I still wish that game was cheaper, but it seems to be mostly immune to big sales, so I might just bite the bullet here.

Resident Evil 2 1.99?

Take advantage quickly if you want it and they don't notice, and it actually goes to sale at that price. But none of the games or almost, seems to be actually on sale already.

Also unusual there's better prices for the some of the same stuff in EU store.

EDIT Just went live, and it's Resident Evil 2 All In-game Rewards Unlock. Several issues in the US blog post.

Edited by cris3f

19 minutes ago, MarioMan200 said:

What time does this sale start? I'm PST.

I have just checked the site and the games are now on sale....

Finally, price drop on Little Witch Academia.

Tokyo Xanadu and THE LIAR PRINCESS AND THE BLIND PRINCE are on my Maybe list. Not a huge fan of Trails II so I am skeptical on TX. I have played Hotl and Rose in twilight in Vita so I was hoping that Liar and blind will be on Vita as well.

This sale is definitely the one to get me to finally buy a game (or three) in 2020. I plan on picking up:

-Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace

-World End Syndrome

-Zanki Zero: Last Beginning

I would like to pick something up for the Vita but not much interests me that I don't own or haven't played. Anyone have thoughts on Exist Archive or the Psychedelica games?

Edited by awf9495

21 minutes ago, awf9495 said:

Anyone have thoughts on Exist Archive or the Psychelica games?

I had fun with Exist Archive but it’s long, grindy, and the way to reach the multiple endings is fairly confusing. If you’re not a completist, have fun, but if you are I’d be wary.

I played both Psychedelica games. They don’t follow each other, and while I would recommend Ashen Hawk (interesting narrative and characters, good variety of storylines) I thought Butterfly was just meh (repetition and plenty of tropes).

Tempted by the Atelier bundle even if it’s still quite pricey. They never seem to get much better prices than this. Also excited about The Missing discount: read lots of good things about it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Surprised that more recent games (like Atelier Dusk Series or Katana Kami or that Double Dragon Kunio-kun collection) didn't show up on sale. Not to mention every Arcade Archives or ACA NEO GEO game.

Why would games just released already show up on sale? 

• Like 2

have:

worldend syndrome

chaos;child

nier automata

demon gaze 2

kill la kill

and star ocean first departure in the cart.

uncertain with chaos;child, its never been on sale for this low but don't know... if its actually any good? i have heard some good on worldend syndrome, and nier automata is another i don't know much about so not sure if i'll get that.

demon gaze 2 for $10 is a definite, i platinum'd the vita version, ps4 version has a separate trophy list.

kill la kill and star ocean at regular price were $20 which i would have bought at that price if i wanted, but seeing as they are on sale i'll just grab them. although wish star ocean had a trophy guide/complete guide as the missables sound intense. 

nights of azure and senran burst were some other ones i've thought of. but a lot of the ones in my cart are at budget prices that are very tempting. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

uncertain with chaos;child, its never been on sale for this low but don't know... if its actually any good?

Chaos;Child is fantastic. I like Steins;Gate just a tad more but it is easily in my top 5 visual novels. It is much (and I mean MUCH) darker than Steins;Gate. When you get about 2/3 through the game, make sure you have someone nearby who can give you a hug or a therapist on call - at the very least a box of tissues at the ready.

2 hours ago, majob said:

Why would games just released already show up on sale? 

The first game in the Dusk trilogy released in 2015, so more recent is relative in this case to the Atelier games that are on sale (Ryza notwithstanding).

Edited by awf9495

6 minutes ago, awf9495 said:

The first game in the Dusk trilogy released in 2015, so more recent is relative in this case to the Atelier games that are on sale.

The Remasters for the PS4 would still be considered a new release as they're barely a month old and I honestly can't recall the last time the PS3 and Vita  titles ever went on sale and Double Dragon is practically fresh out the gate