enjoy it whilst u can, patches will be incomming.

MatThaRiPP3R84

expect them to nerf every build into the ground the moment anyone finds something decent. can't stand arrogant asshole devs that feel the need to do this shit, I mean ye fix your game, but don't scrutinise every guide in existence to tune your game into fucking hell, patched. anyway ye, I had to skip nioh it's gunna sit in my backlog forever lol

21 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

expect them to nerf every build into the ground the moment anyone finds something decent. can't stand arrogant asshole devs that feel the need to do this shit, I mean ye fix your game, but don't scrutinise every guide in existence to tune your game into fucking hell, patched. anyway ye, I had to skip nioh it's gunna sit in my backlog forever lol

NIOH IS STILL NICE DESPITE THE DEVS SCREWING IT UP!

I understand the nerfs can be upsetting but youll begin to feel good midway through "way of the demon" (the third dificutty)

the chalenge at that stage wont be fair to anyone to just breeze through.

get a yasakani magatani and you are golden.

Here's to hoping this one doesnt shit the bed. Being half yokai and all must mean you are at least op to brainless mops.

Slickmoth33.png

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

Is there an online element to the game? What forces you to play post-patch if not?

So the Devs are arrogant for something they haven't even done yet. Ironic or what?

Something as simple as sloth + elemental buffed kusarigama in high stance is still enough to tear through NG in Nioh 1. I'm sure that shit doesn't work in higher difficulties and to be honest it shouldn't. It's end game content for people that love the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The way they "balanced" Nioh 1 with their patches was a big riddle to me. I was playing the game with a buddy all the time and his build wasn't touched at all, while my build, which wasn't broken or op was nerfed to oblivion.

I invested a HUGE amount of hours re-rolling stats on my weapon to have a pretty decent build focused on critical hits and damage from behind and then came the patch.....

Where I was doing 40K damage before the patch, after the mentioned patch I could suddenly only get about 1,5K damage....

It made my journey through the final missions on way of demon in the DLC a nightmare to say at least. I am VERY calm person and never get especially pissed while gaming but this was the first and only time in my 20 years of gaming throwing a controller agains my cupboard and breaking it. It was just incredibly frustrating being fucked over by a stupid ass patch after I invested about 150 hours into the game until that point. While my buddy was able to run through the DLC like it was a ratalajka game, I had to bait every single enemy out of a mob one by one to even stand a chance of finishing it and each enemy felt like a boss fight.

So yeah, hoping they won't pull the same shit again this time.

What build was this? And why didn’t you just have your buddy carry you through the dlc if all you cared about were the trophies?

1 hour ago, ZJW44 said:

What build was this? And why didn’t you just have your buddy carry you through the dlc if all you cared about were the trophies?

It wasn't a particular build, it was my own I came up with. And I enjoyed playing the game with or without trophies up until this stupid patch came out. My buddy and I didn't carry each other through the game, we just enjoyed it more in coop. I learned from that mistake and now in Nioh 2 I won't spend any time in grinding for a particular build until the last dlc comes out.

I always said Souls-like (yeah, sue me for calling Nioh that) is not for everybody and if you're not ready to bite the ground, you should't buy the game. But reading this sentence alone makes me realise how elitist and assholy this sounds. So to take a completely objective stance on this - since there's no PvP, the devs should let players have some freedom and fun with OP builds.

• Like 2

Honestly while I get this kind of complaint in games like Elder Scrolls where the nerfs or adjustments kinda killed the creativity and uniqueness of certain builds or even the nature of characters themselves.

On the flip side in a game like this where there is supposed to be a measure of difficulty it kinda ruins the devs ideas for this game if certain builds nerf or make that difficulty seem non-existent in the first place. It reminds me of the whole Sorceress rework Diablo 3 did in terms of certain skills. For alot of time after the game started you had people doing perma-freeze builds and while it was funny, running through a game even against enemies that easily should've killed you and having them instantly freeze and never go until you chip damage them to death was of course boring and took away from alot of the other gameplay they put in. Other times these overpowered imbalances devs may feel take away from the world or characters they imagined for their game. (This is what actually happened to Elder Scrolls, they wanted their characters to feel more mortal and real again.)

Devs do things for different reasons, by in the end it's their game and their vision you can be upset if they change something. But if anything your being be arrogant one saying they can't do what they want with what they created themselves.

22 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

Or.. maybe they learned how they wanted the game from Nioh 1 and now made it the right way from the start so they don't need to alter the builds as much as in the first game ? Just a thought.. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Nioh is not a hard game, it never has been. It is 100 percent all about the numbers, and no amount of skill will make up for that in the later difficulties. 

its not a hard game but on later difficulties, your skill cant carry you? this makes no sense. i didnt have much trouble with the DLC and i never went for any specific build to abuse certain stats. if you have good dodging skills and pattern recognition, you can go through the game with any weapon and any build and be completely fine.

• Like 1

so they basically pulled a borderlands then? i heard they are nerfing the hell out of everyones guns so badly on that game it might be the first dlc for borderlands i completely skip. i dont wanna go back to all my guns i took time collecting just to have them act like different weapons. thats a dickish move to pull in any game to be honest. but i havent tried nioh so if theres pvp i can kinda agree with some nerfing. but usually all it does is make things worse. its never really seemed to help in battlefield 

i also just noticed only 3 people have platinum. so at this point does the nerfing even matter, seems like nobody is finishing a big chunk of the trophies. unless of course people just want to play for fun and not worry about trophies.

Edited by melodicmizery