Rumor: Konami is set to revive Metal Gear, Castlevania & Silent Hill

ziggypossum

3 hours ago, KANERKB said:

If this does happen I want sony to not let kojima touch silent hill as he can't make a good horror game, that playable demo was a boring by the numbers run and am glad it never happen

The creator of the Silent Hill franchise (Keiichiro Toyama) is working at Sony, so if Sony buys the franchise, it is highly likely that Toyama will end up involved in a sequel or reboot of the franchise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stargazer2600 said:

To be fair people believe stuff on Reddit too

Yeah like them fucking Nosleep stories where the rules state that "Everything is true here, even when it's not", so you just can't tear into someone and say, "Yeah man, I loved this story when it was written by Stephen King and called The Mist".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bromthyrant said:

The creator of the Silent Hill franchise (Keiichiro Toyama) is working at Sony, so if Sony buys the franchise, it is highly likely that Toyama will end up involved in a sequel or reboot of the franchise.

Yeah he is apart of team siren but not sure if he would be up to make another silent hill maybe a silent hill like siren might be cool but not sure.

2 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Well seeing as the majority dislike fallout 76 it definitely isn’t overhyped. So once again I don’t think you know how to actually use the word overhyped. Also it seems like you just have a hatred towards Kojima in general and would assume you would love pt if you never knew he was the one that made it. But either way this is pointless to talk about since this rumor is probably bullshit anyways.

It was overhyped as everyone who was a fan boy to Bethesda and or loved the other fallouts by them loved the idea of fallout 76 it is why there is a lot of hate for it. While I hate Kojima I will admit some of the games he made were fun but I don't like him what so ever as to me he is a ego mad man. I love metal gear rising and key word liked 3 but I don't like the guy what so ever and on topic yes we are talking about rumors that have no real proof other than some random 4chan guy saying so. So it makes this a basic shot in the dark then a door at the end of the hall.

14 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

eh, 3D Castlevania should have developed into what Demon's Souls and every Soulslike since. It's the natural progression of 2D Castlevania into 3D that they never seemed to figure out. So a reboot that actually made it Soulslike would be potentially great.

But it's Konami and for every one good thing there's a billion bad. I don't believe this rumor. I'd believe FFVI is being remade as a rumor right now before I'd believe this one and that wouldn't make sense with FFVII Remake not even done.

I have to disagree with making Castlevania a Soulslike game as those games are too sluggish and clunky. Never understood the fascination with games that make the controls sluggish and clunky intentionally. Now using Bloodborne as a template I could understand just not Souls as they play completely different.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Void said:

I have to disagree with making Castlevania a Soulslike game as those games are too sluggish and clunky. Never understood the fascination with games that make the controls sluggish and clunky intentionally. Now using Bloodborne as a template I could understand just not Souls as they play completely different.

Ever really played Castlevania? How many from all Castlevanias not sluggish and clunky? And the fact that Dark Souls was inspired by Castlevania is another point to say that Castlevania very likely could turn into Souls like game, Bloodborne or not.

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Void said:

Bloodborne is a soulslike... And classic Castlevania IS clunky lol... you make a jump and your ass is locked into that, you make an attack you’re committed to it. You get hit, enjoy the hit back into a pit, etc. 

I have no doubt that Sony would be interested in acquiring these IP. However, I highly doubt Konami would sell their biggest franchises, and I doubt even more that even if Konami was selling, Sony would be willing to spend the money needed to buy. Besides, if Konami was looking to sell major IP like this to another company, MS would jump on that horse before anyone else, and be able to pay more than anyone else.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

So by this statement, you never touched Silent Hill 1-4? P.T. was not a game, it was a teaser, and frankly P.T. had little to do with the themes of original 4 games. Silent Hill was not about jump scares and ghosts (except SH4). No one will be able to top and create better Silent Hill than Team Silent, do not fool yourselves. Kojima has his own thing and I thinks it is better that he works on his own horror game then working on his own horror game with a Silent Hill stamp on it. 

Ofc i have. All the way since ps1. And as i said -MY OPINION- to me it was the best one in the series,  as longest as you can move a character in a teaser, a demo ect, its a game. 

So thats why im hoping this is true, if sony buys Silent hill IP,  then Kojima needs to make it, again My opinion?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could see a moneyhat or funding situation involving Sony, but outright acquiring those franchises?  I don't think Konami is quite that far gone yet; I imagine they plan to do a bundle of multiplatform collections and rereleases, as well as using the IPs for merchandising and alternative media like pachinko/the Castlevania Netflix show.

On 3/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, ExHaseo said:

I have no doubt that Sony would be interested in acquiring these IP. However, I highly doubt Konami would sell their biggest franchises, and I doubt even more that even if Konami was selling, Sony would be willing to spend the money needed to buy. Besides, if Konami was looking to sell major IP like this to another company, MS would jump on that horse before anyone else, and be able to pay more than anyone else.

Also agree with this: MS is desperate for IP and would kill for an opportunity to steal away some major Sony associated (even if they have been released elsewhere) properties.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 7:11 AM, Ptirle said:

So by this statement, you never touched Silent Hill 1-4? P.T. was not a game, it was a teaser, and frankly P.T. had little to do with the themes of original 4 games. Silent Hill was not about jump scares and ghosts (except SH4). No one will be able to top and create better Silent Hill than Team Silent, do not fool yourselves. Kojima has his own thing and I thinks it is better that he works on his own horror game then working on his own horror game with a Silent Hill stamp on it. 

I agree heavily with what you said Ptirle, I thought of PT to be just another run of the mill type of horror not a silent hill kind of game, Kojima shouldn't touch the silent hill series as he wouldn't make a good silent hill game he would make a Kojima productions a game made by Kojima horror silent hill. that would be no where near or even able to be looked at as a silent hill game. more or less like a random horror game.

I know I get flak for hating on kojima but at the end of it if he wants to make a horror game let him make one without putting a brand to it as sometimes a series being dead is better off dead and not forgotten then back again to only be dead again and then forgotten completely. And even if Kojima's name was not on the game I would still say the game is still shit. As at the end of it I will judge any new game to the past ones no matter what even if they want me to judge it on it's own. As at the end of it when I play any game in a series or anything with a type of name such as Silent hill I will want to have it be a silent hill game. it is like buying a devil may cry game and then you get a first person demon hunting game with new characters we don't know and it is a lot like cod.

Sorry for the mini rant just yeah trying to get my point across.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 3:45 AM, KANERKB said:

Yeah he is apart of team siren but not sure if he would be up to make another silent hill maybe a silent hill like siren might be cool but not sure.

IIRC, in a Gravity Rush 2 interview he said he wouldn't mind doing another.

56 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

Rumor: Next Silent Hill Game Will Never Happen Because Series is Basically Dead and Survival Horror Genre Killed By Shitty Games Like "Layers of Fear" and "The Evil Within".

Source is reliable guys, some guy from forums said.

The genre isn't even remotely dead. This generation has seen an incredible amount of high quality and successful horror games: Alien Isolation, Until Dawn, Dying Light, SOMA, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 2 Redone, Days Gone, Telltale Games' The Walking Dead, and more.

• Like 1

At this point they should just leave the IPs in the dust.

Castlevania is over 30 years old, Metal Gear is a joke without Hideo Kojima and Silent Hill hasn't had buzz in a long time. That canceled PT game from Konami just showed how little they cared. Nowadays they're basically making slot machines for old farts spending what little retirement money they have left in their bank accounts.

All three have left a legacy and the memories will always be there. Sometimes it's best to give a series a much needed permanent rest rather than just have it drag on and taint the memories of those who grew up playing those games.