Playstationtrophies.org not working

realm722

40 minutes ago, Robinworldwide said:

We do have that. If you subscribe to the site you won't get any adds.

Things have started copying over but apparently it's still painfully slow. End should be in sight though.

Exciting news! I will definitely subscribe once you're back up. Is there a link on the homepage for subscription services?

3 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Using PST on an iPad these days is terrible. Every single page has a banner ad at the top but it loads in last so when I click on a link to go to the trophy guide I always end up getting taken somewhere else because in the split second it takes to click on the link the banner ad loads and pushes what I clicked on down so I end up clicking on something else.

I have the same issue on my iPad. I have ended up on Xbox Achievements hundreds of times without trying.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Using PST on an iPad these days is terrible. Every single page has a banner ad at the top but it loads in last so when I click on a link to go to the trophy guide I always end up getting taken somewhere else because in the split second it takes to click on the link the banner ad loads and pushes what I clicked on down so I end up clicking on something else.

This. Every. Time. Combined with admittedly small things like game icons often missing, the need to manually update, and pop-up adds, is why I migrated to this site. I wish all guides would do the same. PST is definitely the reference there.

I don't mean this as a slight to PST staff - I'm certain you all work crazy hard on the site. PSNProfiles is just... slicker?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Have we got the best electricians on the job working to get the electricity back on? Perhaps they should be informed that ps3trophies.org is down to emphasize the necessity of the speed of their work. 

I'm over here shaking like an alcoholic, i've been up half the night in hot and cold sweats. One moment it felt like I was in the tropics of the Congo, the next it felt like i'd just touched down in Alaska. How well did I sleep last night? Don't get me started. I've had better sleeps on long haul flights in economy class, and this was in the comfort of my own home.

It just so happens to be our luck that the power outage struck the place where the PS3trophies.org servers are housed. Please can someone let me know the millisecond that the servers are back up so I may resume normality. Thank you.

The servers are in Chicago but due to a massive power outage and the subsequent related issues, it's taking longer than expected to get everything up and running again. RX has given the server hosting company a bollocking for the delay and for this fiasco happening in the first place but he is working hard to get the site up and running again :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

12 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

that sucks it happens to you.  i honestly don't have that issue, and i use pst almost exclusively on my ipad.  everything for me loads in pretty much at once.

1 minute ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

that sucks it happens to you.  i honestly don't have that issue, and i use pst almost exclusively on my ipad.  everything for me loads in pretty much at once.

Just out of interest what browser do you use? @PerryToxteth @visighost What browser do you use? I use my iPad for literally eveything these days over my PC including PST and I use Safari. It’s not the worst thing in the world as it’s not like I’m going to a hundred different trophy guides a day but it does get frustrating.

5 hours ago, daftprophet said:

Oh shit! xD

RIP in pieces .com

45 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Damn shame I get it lol 

:P Man, that was a weird time when that happened. Also I went back there last night and A) People are still posting. and B ) @kidson2004 you are still a forum moderator there with your fancy purple title. That must have been well after I left.

4 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Your average internet user will probably not know about Google Cache, but most web pages are stored in there. So for anyone that needs some information from the site at this moment:

1. Google the guide you need
  2. Click on the little triangle next to the search result
  3. Pick the In cache option
  4. ????
  5. PROFIT

googlezor.png

Another option is to just put cache: (yes with a colon) in front of any URL you might want to visit. For example, when I click the above link it turns out not to be the correct stickied guide. Not a problem:

1. Click the link of the correct guide
  2. Put cache: in front of the URL in the location bar and press Enter
  3. You will be redirected to the correct archved page in Google's webcache.

This works fine in a browser like FireFox and Chrome, not too sure about others.

If the triangle is not in the search results then the page will not be archived unfortunately. But in the case of this particular website, that will be very rare because it's indexed very well by Google.

Actually when the Ps3trophies.com Apocalypse happened that is what a bunch of users had to do to get back all the guides that were lost when the site completely shutdown and they were trying to get it back up.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Just out of interest what browser do you use? @PerryToxteth @visighost What browser do you use? I use my iPad for literally eveything these days over my PC including PST and I use Safari. It’s not the worst thing in the world as it’s not like I’m going to a hundred different trophy guides a day but it does get frustrating.

I use Firefox on a PC (Win10) and Safari on iPad/iPhone. I have more problems on the PC, but I'm also slower on the input on the Apple gizmos.

9 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

i just use safari on an air 2. the page loads in about 1.5 seconds for me with everything.  the only time it will load bits and pieces at a time is if i am using a massive trophy guide with around a dozen images or videos.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

:P Man, that was a weird time when that happened. Also I went back there last night and A) People are still posting. and B ) @kidson2004 you are still a forum moderator there with your fancy purple title. That must have been well after I left.

Oh yeah, it happened when you left lol. And you wanna know something funny? I can’t post on the main page anymore due to my old laptop being stolen, and the saved info for enabling me to post on the main page is now gone. I’m still surprised that it’s still up and kicking. I thought that it would’ve went down by now. 

Edited by kidson2004

10 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Oh yeah, it happened when you left lol. And you wanna know something funny? I can’t post on the main page anymore due to my old laptop being stolen, and the saved info for enabling me to post on the main page is now gone. I’m still surprised that it’s still up and kicking. I thought that it would’ve went down by now. 

Oh that's funny. I guess that is why it is still talking about 2016 updates :P

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I went back there last night and People are still posting

It's all spam...all of it. I gave up about a month ago when it was taking multiple hours each day to clean the forums.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

I'm sure RX and Webb will promise us the site will be fixed in the next six hours, and if it isn't then we can criticise them all we like.

Then we'll still be here waiting two months later with no site.

Find it odd right after you got member of the month, it crashed. Imma laugh if only your post count gets deleted. Lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

It's all spam...all of it. I gave up about a month ago when it was taking multiple hours each day to clean the forums.

Oh that makes sense as all the recent posts were 1 minute apart but I didn't actually open them because i didn't care.

Are people like Davey, Submerge, Breakpoint, Unred even around anymore? I mean it was Sub's site but I am just curious is anyone running it or does it just now exist.

14 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh that makes sense as all the recent posts were 1 minute apart but I didn't actually open them because i didn't care.

Are people like Davey, Submerge, Breakpoint, Unred even around anymore? I mean it was Sub's site but I am just curious is anyone running it or does it just now exist.

Hell nah they’re not around AT ALL!! I just came from the desert and saw 2 PM’s about wanting to model. 

4 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!

Yes it is. This is RX's msg:

Server outage, Feb 14th-15th

Hi all, Just wanted to give a quick recap regarding the downtime on Feb 14th-15th. A power outage in the data center where the servers are located caused all servers in the building to abruptly shut down. It's still unclear why they lost power or why the UPSs and backup generators didn't take over (although it wouldn't change the fact that it happened) as they haven't released any official statement regarding the incident yet. Once the power was restored and servers were switched on again the XBA servers were able to continue running without any issues, but the PST servers didn't handle the loss of power in the same manner. As a result the technicians had to replace hard drives and roll back the database to the previous backup point. This unfortunately means that some threads/posts will unfortunately be gone. In the 10+ years we've been with them there has only been one minor incident before, and I guess hindsight is always 20/20, but we'll look into a failover system to ensure that things like this can't happen again. Will also get the CloudFlare error messages changed as there was some misunderstandings/confusion regarding what they actually meant.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by Robinworldwide
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Hell nah they’re not around AT ALL!! I just came from the desert and saw 2 PM’s about wanting to model. 

Model :hmm: I think you might have a new career on your hands.

Also you could probably just direct them to @Hardangelfan, I am not sure if he still shoots models but I know he used to.

Seriously though, it is a shame what happened to that site. People like Davey (who aren't even there anymore) drove so many good users away leaving a great community completely barren.

just in time too, i'm going to need to look up my next game possibly tonight.

if i had to point a suspect. those power surges could be nasty, they show no mercy to anything run by electricity.

next game i know for sure now is collar X malice just gotta get through the final hurdle.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dj_helyx said:

I didnt know it still existed until a few weeks ago when Sniper said he was on there. I was blown away lol. He said the chatbox still had some people in it, if I remember right...