Playstationtrophies.org not working

realm722

1 minute ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I really hope it's just a temporary issue, I go there every time I need a trophy guide since unfortunately psnprofiles is really lacking on guides, I mean I found Silent Hill downpour freaking guide in there where in here people are mostly interested on making guides for an insanely super easy to plat games.

I mean who the hell need a guide for my name is mayo? there's even a guide for Tt's The Walking Dead a game that you can plat in one sitting by just finish it which is a head scratching.

I can assure you it's a temporary issue. We just ran into some unexpected issues with one of the servers after the power came back on.

11 hours ago, RJP_X said:

same, sometimes i use both a guide from here and their site for a game because of different strategies, one having better info on certain trophies, ect. i first started with ps3trophies.org when i started trophy hunting. although i wasn't active posting there as i am here, this site has better features, i think i remember on their site you had to manually add the trophies you earned. not sure if that's changed or if anythings changed as i only go to the site for trophy guides. plus gamefaqs and youtube like you said as well lol. been on gamefaqs for many years.

Seems like we did the same thing ?, I have been on GameFAQs for a long time too, but now my activity there is next to non-existent (like on ps3t.org).. But then PSNProfiles is were I'm most active and that's not that much either ?. 

Ya, the trophy lists thing is still the same.. I don't update mine for ages, and when I do, is just so that I can look into the trophy guide while hiding the trophies that I already have.. 

Still down.

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The lack of people using it is mainly down to one reason. PROGRESS!

Agreed. And that progress isn't limited to technical issues. 

But oh well. Things change. It's still worth checking there for the occasional guide.

Edited by starcrunch061

Hope the site comes back online fast. I find PSNP and PST.org complement very well with each other as far as trophy hunting activities go. Currently using 2 guides from the org site and 2 guides from here to clear some games, so yeah.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hope the site comes back online fast. I find PSNP and PST.org complement very well with each other as far as trophy hunting activities go. Currently using 2 guides from the org site and 2 guides from here to clear some games, so yeah.

We got news that they're having trouble with restores from the backup. New drives were installed and they're working on a manual recovery. They expect to have the servers up relatively soon but we can't give an exact timeframe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robinworldwide said:

We got news that they're having trouble with restores from the backup. New drives were installed and they're working on a manual recovery. They expect to have the servers up relatively soon but we can't give an exact timeframe. 

Damn, that doesn’t sound good. :( Hopefully there isn’t stuff missing when it returns.

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thankfully I wasn't really using the site for any guides at the moment, so I'm not as inconvenienced by this as some other people are.

Thankfully I had finished with the Tips in Lost Dimension before this happened, since the guide here just links to a post there. :lol: But yeah, even if I hadn't, like Gamehelp and pinkrobot mentioned, there are other ways to still get the information you may need. I used the Wayback Machine last night to look up a couple of things. 

14 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

PST is a good site with tons of helpful information and fantastic user contributed content, but it is in desperate need of an update or webpage redesign. It also needs a premium member option as the ads have become unbearable.

I think they have that set up. I know you can donate which Grant's certain privileges, just dont know about if it takes ads away

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

PST is a good site with tons of helpful information and fantastic user contributed content, but it is in desperate need of an update or webpage redesign. It also needs a premium member option as the ads have become unbearable.

I use ad blocker for that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

We do have that. If you subscribe to the site you won't get any adds.

Things have started copying over but apparently it's still painfully slow. End should be in sight though.

Edited by Robinworldwide
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

i don't think there are that many ads when im on an ipad, certainly nothing the likes of powerpyx site. that is what i consider unbearable as the ipad can't even handle it.  on pc ad block clear it up nice.

29 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

i don't think there are that many ads when im on an ipad, certainly nothing the likes of powerpyx site. that is what i consider unbearable as the ipad can't even handle it.  on pc ad block clear it up nice.

Using PST on an iPad these days is terrible. Every single page has a banner ad at the top but it loads in last so when I click on a link to go to the trophy guide I always end up getting taken somewhere else because in the split second it takes to click on the link the banner ad loads and pushes what I clicked on down so I end up clicking on something else.

• Like 3

The site has been down for as little as 24 hours and already i'm besides myself with worry. I'm told that the servers have been involved in a power outage in Los Angeles, correct?. I've got a right mind to head down to LA city hall first thing on Monday morning with a strongly worded letter for whomever it may concern.

Have we got the best electricians on the job working to get the electricity back on? Perhaps they should be informed that ps3trophies.org is down to emphasize the necessity of the speed of their work. 

I'm over here shaking like an alcoholic, i've been up half the night in hot and cold sweats. One moment it felt like I was in the tropics of the Congo, the next it felt like i'd just touched down in Alaska. How well did I sleep last night? Don't get me started. I've had better sleeps on long haul flights in economy class, and this was in the comfort of my own home.

It just so happens to be our luck that the power outage struck the place where the PS3trophies.org servers are housed. Please can someone let me know the millisecond that the servers are back up so I may resume normality. Thank you.

• Like 3