Veteran Difficulty EASY Method Glitch

I think we could all do with practicing a bit of tolerance....

At the end of the day, if developers care, they should try to protect the integrity of their trophies by a) not including this shit to begin with and b ) patching it out when discovered.

The fact that this is the umpteenth Call of Duty game with a glitch like this says all there is to say, really. When the developers themselves don't value the "integrity" of their achievement system, how can you possible demand/expect players to do so?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mathieumatic said:

This is definitely an interesting thread, but got ruined because of people needlessly arguing. You're never going to change someone else's view by shouting at them on why they are 'wrong', definitely when there isn't a right or wrong on using glitches: everyone has their own morals. That makes every opinion subjective, so there isn't any purpose in an argument.

For me, it's important to remember that people should have a good experience with playing the game/getting the platinum. So I believe that people should use glitches if it gives them a better experience. This is why I advise the following:

For the general person playing this game, I would recommend to follow the guide (do a veteran playthrough and a recruit/collectable/one life playthrough, then clean up the miscellaneous trophies). This should guarantee the best overall experience.

However, if you are only buying the game for trophies or if you just don't have the skill level to complete the one life/veteran trophies, you should use the glitches. You'll get a better experience this way and if the developers would be concerned about glitches being abused for trophies, they would have put more effort and time in fixing these issues. Let's be honest, developers don't generally care about glitches being abused unless they are gamebreaking. The only people concerned about this are some dudes on this forum, lol.

This veteran glitch doesn't get you the no death run, since you'll still have to play the last checkpoint , which will guarantee deaths since people aren't used to veteran because they played on recruit. If people use glitches it's okay, but in my opinion , if you can glitch a really hard trophy which cost a lot of time, go for it , but MW2 has such a short campaign (cost maybe 5 hours to complete on veteran) , why bother to do it like this.

I think that some of you are wrong on something. 

@Abysm_Nucleus There are over 316K members on PSNprofiles. Only a minority uses the forum section because trophies cannot be reduced to fun, it's a whole competition between millions of opponents on leaderboard.

Since the beginning trophies gave a way to players to shine with distinctions based on number of trophies and levels.

And as @hore  said, trophies would lost their meaning for a lot of us without leaderboards. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BossZombieMan said:

I think that some of you are wrong on something. 

@Abysm_Nucleus There are over 316K members on PSNprofiles. Only a minority uses the forum section because trophies cannot be reduced to fun, it's a whole competition between millions of opponents on leaderboard.

Since the beginning trophies gave a way to players to shine with distinctions based on number of trophies and levels.

And as @hore  said, trophies would lost their meaning for a lot of us without leaderboards. 

There is a whole bunch that don't care about leaderboards. I myself doesn't care a whole lot, it's just fun to see where you are at world wide and in your country.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:54 AM, Paulie1313 said:

Glitch or no glitch, I could care less. My only thing is playing through entire missions on Recruit, then pausing, changing difficulty, close application, restart game, that's more a pain in the ass than beating it on Veteran. Game is a breeze on Vet. 

To each their own, but to me, that's not exactly the definition of saving time.

defo each to there own

On 2020-04-04 at 10:32 AM, iNtErWhOoPeR said:

This cod is one of the easier ones to complete on veteran legit. 

Highly highly agree. There were instances in my play through where I completed a mission without even dying. I would definitely consider this on World at War lmao

• Like 1

Did the campaign legit on veteran.  For me there were a couple spots that were annoying but completely doable.  The one that will keep me from the Plat is The Student Surpasses the Master.  I've always struggled with trophies like that.   If I get it I get it.  If I don't oh well.  I'm certainly not going to let it bother me.

• Like 1

Cool to see there indeed is a veteran exploit for those who want to use it. No it doesn’t hurt game and who cares if people use it or not, worry about your own account/trophys and stop worrying about others.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 4:45 PM, Geoffx37 said:

Why waste your time and energy getting worked up over stuff like this and saying what other people do to get their trophies diminishes your accomplishments? Them "cheating" does not affect you, no matter how much you ramble on about statistics and honor and leaderboards. It's video games. It's trophies. You're not being paid to compete in some competition where the steroid comparison would work. It's supposed to be fun, so just let it be that and stop worrying about everyone else, because guess what: When you die, not a single person is going to care about what trophies you earned on the PlayStation Network.

If we had the athletic talents of Lebron James or the longevity of Tom Brady, we'd be out playing the sport that we're best at.

Some people may not know this, but there is a very small percentage of people who post their platinum and trophy accomplishments to gain some attention and approval. If I see someone who 100 percented Crypt of the Necrodancer, that player deserves an ounce of respect. That's just how it goes, and I know by heart I will never finish that game. I don't have the patience and I probably don't have the skill to ever get that platinum. But those who do, I tip my hat to them.

The fact that we're here on PSNProfiles posting a bunch of childish nonsense on most of anything just shows we care more than most. I've come across people on this website who avoid any challenge whatsoever and just play the easiest, most casual of video games. More power to them, that's what they want to do and we should let them do so. Others go for any ultra rare trophy even if they have to sacrifice a part of their life to get it. That's their decision as well.

99.99 percent of everybody will never be famous or achieve a level of talent that Lebron James has. That's just a fact of life. I'm just happy I got people who can see some of my accomplishments and compliment to them, just as I have done to dozens of others on here. Among the countless millions who play video games daily, we're one of the select few who go the extra mile.

When you die nothing will matter anyway. Even celebrities will be forgotten in due time. It's best that we enjoy the current day and present day while we still have it.

• Like 4

A correlation between someone earning this trophy using this glitch was compared to an Olympic athlete or baseball superstar using steroids.  Astonishing! 

This thread did not disappoint. 

My .02 cent even though it isn't needed and definitely wasn't asked for lol. Wouldn't personally use this glitch on the off chances I actually buy this game but with that being said I'd never bash a fellow gamer regardless if they use or dont use. 

We're in the same hobby we share the same passion and I fear we're becoming toxic to one another. That isn't aimed at this thread but just as a general observation if this statement offends anyone that reads it I apologize but just the other day four other gamers from call of duty WW2 zombies said they slept with my mom? Now I am forced to tell my father and ruin a very long marriage!

Edited by ColdDarkAndEmpty
Grammer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, n1c0live said:

I really hope that this glitch gets patched.

17 minutes ago, BossZombieMan said:

It will.

I Doubt they patch it, they better things they can be doing then patching this because people are butthurt you can do veteran this way, serioursly you are better or not worrying about this and if people do it or not

• Like 1