PlayStation 5 Dualsense First Impression Poll

PooPooBlast

What do you think of the Dualsense 5?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Dualsense 5?

• Sony has outdone themselves. Controller looks very slick and I can't wait to try it out.
    • It's decent but could've been better.
    • I'm impartial about it. So long as I have a functional controller between my hands, I'm content
    • I don't like it. There are some features I wanted that aren't there.
    • The controller is lacking and looks like horse crap. I don't know what Sony engineers were smoking.

Based on looks alone, I think it looks good, but the important thing with a controller is how it fits in my hand, and I will not know that until I get my hands on one, so I will reserve final judgement.

That said, it is slowly looking more and more like an X-Box controller, and to be honest I was never a huge fan of them.  To be fair about that though, I have not used them nearly as much, so that could be an influence.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

Based on looks alone, I think it looks good, but the important thing with a controller is how it fits in my hand, and I will not know that until I get my hands on one, so I will reserve final judgement.

That said, it is slowly looking more and more like an X-Box controller, and to be honest I was never a huge fan of them.  To be fair about that though, I have not used them nearly as much, so that could be an influence.

Yeah it is looking more xbox like now but as long as it has the playstation analog stick layout I won't complain about it. Even if they do change the layout Its not inherently a bad thing, I will still complain though but for a very short amount of time and it will be petty at best.

As long as the controller isnt original xbox sized (massive) i'll be fine with it.  If they went with a Nintendo 64 like design though I would have boycotted playstation.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PostalDudeRus said:

Me first time looking at DS4: "Well, it does look different but seems cool. Gonna try that one out".

Me first time looking at DS5: "Well, it does look like a dreamcast gamepad made love with dualshock gamepad"

vb0oituwt6aiqwqb7ubb.jpg

• Like 2

Another completely pointless thread. All you can judge is the design. That's all. Since there will be different colour variations, it's pointless to even argue about that. By the way, the best gamepad ever built is this one:

Spoiler

Xbox-360-S-Controller.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure about anyone else, but the DualShock 4 controller's concave analog sticks bother my thumbs after a few hours. I was hoping the DualSense would have convex or dome-shaped analog sticks like with DualShock series' earlier designs. Other than that, I enjoy the design and especially the refreshing new controller name.

• Like 1

Do people even read the article or just see the design?

I’ve yet to see anyone discussing the haptic functions.

And thanks to @Parker gif, its somewhat clear that is just a bit thicker and have a better grip, just like I thought, which is totally fine by me, the DS feels good and the DSense looks that it will be even better. 

26 minutes ago, cometowner said:

i still can get it why some people are sure it looks like Xbox controller ... it looks way different

It's the colour, the white xbox controller design is one of the more popular ones.

It kinda reminds me of a stormtrooper in controller form.

Edited by charxsetsuna

7 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Do people even read the article or just see the design?

I’ve yet to see anyone discussing the haptic functions.

And thanks to @Parker gif, its somewhat clear that is just a bit thicker and have a better grip, just like I thought, which is totally fine by me, the DS feels good and the DSense looks that it will be even better. 

I think this survey is useful just for aesthetic first-impressions, so its overall value doesn't go beyond that. How functional stuff like haptic feedback and the in-built speaker/microphone etc is would be speculation until we get our hands on the gear properly. I'd definitely be interested to see survey results around functionality once people are using it.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

30 minutes ago, Todd Coward said:

Another completely pointless thread. All you can judge is the design. That's all. Since there will be different colour variations, it's pointless to even argue about that. By the way, the best gamepad ever built is this one:

Hide contents

Xbox-360-S-Controller.jpg

That's a weird way of saying the Sega Saturn controller

• Like 2