Are you still buying "The Last of Us: Part II"?

Carol

"The Last of Us: Part II" - still buying or not?  

787 members have voted

1. 1. After the leaks, do you still plan to buy "The Last of Us: Part II"?

• Yes, I'll be playing it day one. I want to play and judge the game for myself.
    • Yes, but I'll buy it only when I can find it cheaper.
    • No, but I was never interested in this game.
    • No, the leaks completely destroyed any enthusiasm I had for the game.
    • I still haven't decided if will buy the game or not or when I will do it.

I’ve preordered (barely spent money on games this year so it wasn’t really an issue). I didn’t like what I read from the leaks either and for a long time didn’t want it to even get a sequel, but I’d still like to see the finished story.

• Like 2

Saw the leaks. Was definitely devastated by what they've done. But will still be going through with my preorder and playing it day one. I love the first game, didn't want to see a part 2. I thought the first was more than enough and the ending sat well, it left things open to your own interpretation of what their story after would be like. However, I will still be playing with tears streaming down my face and angrily cursing ND's decisions to do this to us and our beloved characters. 

Edited by Despair-Queen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The leaks completely destroyed any enthusiasm I had for the game, and i haven't even seen them

Lol, same. I just heard what they did to the game, read that forum post of the leaks (that went up in flames btw ?) and saw a site with more information. I must say the man in charge of that game has really ruined it big time.

• Like 1

I'm between buying it day one and waiting until it's cheaper - if it gets rave reviews like The Last of Us 1 did, I'll probably buy it just to balance out the folks who will be not buying it to protest. If it's seems good, but not great, I'll wait until it's 30$ or so (which isn't usually too long for Sony Exclusives.) But it really depends.

I don't feel protective over Joel & Ellie. If they're thrown into a meat grinder (proverbial meat grinder, IDK the leaks), then y'know, cool.

The original concluded nicely, so the sequel may as well be insane, IMV.

Anyway, I'm buying it to play, see & judge for myself.

I uh, also want to laugh at all of the roasts, if it's terrible.

• Like 3

Here's how I feel...

Prior to the leaks:

- Had no plans to buy straight away.

- Didn't like the idea of supporting a company that mistreats its employees, but if me and lots of others skip the game because of that, and the company is negatively effected/possibly ruined, who does that really hurt?  The employees, I'd think.  The upper management folks will walk away with their bonuses and all that and not worry about how to pay their mortgage.

- No emotional attachment to characters from the first game, since I never played it, so not upset at their fate.

- Thought the game play would look amazing.

After the leaks:

- More interested in buying it, because of the leaks.  (They say no press is bad press.)

- No change - not sure what to do about that, really.

- I support inclusion, in general, and believe inclusion to be at the heart of all this SJW talk, and therefore support the new character.

- Thinks the game play looks amazing.

• Like 4

As it stands now... no, I don't have any interest in the game anymore. <_< That may change once the game is out & we know the whole story, but I think it's unlikely (& if so, I probably won't grab it till it's like $10). ?

• Like 1

Dude I watched the recent trailer and I was like... actively not looking forward to it. It wasn't quite an anxious feeling but it was like 'I wish this wasn't a thing'. If the leaks are true then I'm gonna really hate this game. TLOU was one of my favourite games of all time so I'm still gonna give it a go but I'm seriously not looking forward to it

• Like 1

I loved the first game (not the multiplayer though) but I really think it's a waste of money when it's a game that will go on PS Plus between 1 and 3 years, a time I can certainly wait. My decisions after all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Katt said:

I loved the first game (not the multiplayer though) but I really think it's a waste of money when it's a game that will go on PS Plus between 1 and 3 years, a time I can certainly wait. My decisions after all.

Took 6 almost 7 years for the first game to be free on PS+. Guess it will take pretty much as long with TLOU2 since we will probably get a remastered version for PS5. Sony doesn't like to give away their exclusives on PS+ very early since they are console sellers.

• Like 2

It depends on what the trophy list looks like for me. Not a huge fan of multiplayer at all and tend to stray away from it. Have yet to play the first one because of MP trophies. Might just watch a play through of it at best if it actually turns out to be decent. Not really a fan of "inclusion" culture in games for the sake of inclusion culture, so the story I could care less about for the 2nd game. 

21 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Took 6 almost 7 years for the first game to be free on PS+. Guess it will take pretty much as long with TLOU2 since we will probably get a remastered version for PS5. Sony doesn't like to give away their exclusives on PS+ very early since they are console sellers.

It took me 9 years to get my first PS3. Don't test my patience ?

• Like 1

I voted "I still haven't decided if will buy the game or not or when I will do it" because I will wait some days after 19th June to verify if those leaks were true.

If true, I won't download the game even for free. No need to play a thing like that

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

A quick glance at the Internet's reaction to the leaks should make it clear. Something something "forced diversity" blah blah "I don't want gay stuff in my game no homo" blah blah "why don't women stay out of my vidya games"

Frankly those kind of hateful chuds being mad at the game makes me more likely to play it, not less.

But from a business standpoint, with their fans being clearly of a certain mindset/demographic...why *PURPOSEFULLY* give them something they wouldn’t want?  NaughtyDog doesn’t have a responsibility to their investors/employees/SONY to make the most profitable/well received game, in line with their fanbase’s expectations?  Can I bring a company, with employees and investors backing, to Ethiopia and start selling Ugg boots and fur coats, and expect success?  Can I bring my company to Siberia and try to sell beach sandals?  I’m not going to a Ku Klux Klan rally trying to get donations for the United Negro College Fund.  I’m also not wondering why my church is unsuccessful in missionary endeavors in Greenwich Village when my church has openly condemned alternative lifestyles.  Yes, *I* can do what I’d like, but being a business and in charge of others with their resources...that’s extremely irresponsible.

P.S.  Some of the verbiage you used would normally have someone banned indefinitely on a website forum.  For example: would anyone have to know the context that I used the ‘N’ word, for there to be disciplinary action towards me?

• Like 1