Are you still buying "The Last of Us: Part II"?

Carol

"The Last of Us: Part II" - still buying or not?  

787 members have voted

1. 1. After the leaks, do you still plan to buy "The Last of Us: Part II"?

• Yes, I'll be playing it day one. I want to play and judge the game for myself.
    • Yes, but I'll buy it only when I can find it cheaper.
    • No, but I was never interested in this game.
    • No, the leaks completely destroyed any enthusiasm I had for the game.
    • I still haven't decided if will buy the game or not or when I will do it.

Honestly no, I mean maybe someday but is not in my list for now and is not for the leaks is be cause I think there are so many other awesome and better games out there for example: Ghost of Ts.... Also not big fan of tlou, it's a good game but in my opinion no the big master piece everybody said back at time.

I swear I'm more hyped for Sponge Bob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated than this.

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone confirmed the trophy list yet? If they have the same set-up as the first one then my answer would be, yes, I plan to buy it pretty early on just so I can knock out the online trophies. So far, I have avoided all media about the game. I caught a little bit of the original trailer and about 30 seconds of game play. That was all I needed to make sure the game play and style stayed pretty much the same.

1 hour ago, StressEater said:

Has anyone confirmed the trophy list yet? If they have the same set-up as the first one then my answer would be, yes, I plan to buy it pretty early on just so I can knock out the online trophies. So far, I have avoided all media about the game. I caught a little bit of the original trailer and about 30 seconds of game play. That was all I needed to make sure the game play and style stayed pretty much the same.

Not yet but we know it won't have online trophies. They announced a while ago that work on the single player got too demanding to handle both, so the online might eventually become its own separate thing.

I'll probably end up purchasing it on sale like I do with most games. Whether I care for the story or not, I know that I can rely on Naughty Dog to deliver beautiful environments and immersive gameplay. It's not a "must-have" title for me right now, but I'm sure I'll give it a play once I get the PS5 in like 2 years.

6 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Not yet but we know it won't have online trophies. They announced a while ago that work on the single player got too demanding to handle both, so the online might eventually become its own separate thing.

Thank you. Knowing this, I might just wait. I have quite the backlog right now. I plan to transition from the PS4 to the PS5 and never look back on day one of its release.

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Artists and directors can do whatever they want. Its their game and story ultimately.

And customers can buy or like or not buy or not like whatever they want. (I haven´t started the story of part1, only the beginning of "left behind".)

Edited by Babsimabuse

Once it’s cheaper as I did cancel my pre order. 

I've only just recently played the 1st one and got the plat. The first collectible play through I hated the game! Wasn’t until I played it on survival that I became addicted to it’s master piece. 2 will probably be the same, An absolute masterpiece in gameplay but the direction they have taken story wise did put me off 

I rarely buy a game when it first comes out (except fifa) because I normally have loads of games to play anyway and also I wait until some kind of sale on the store or amazon, going back to the question of this topic I will definitely buy the last of us 2 because I haven't read any spoilers

As someone who is never really bothered by spoilers I decided to check out the leaks just to see what all the fuss was about and to my surprise, the leaks actually increased my excitement for the game. I realize to some they may be disappointing or bad but for me personally, I see a lot of potential with it in terms of story and especially so given the direction/theme it seems to be going after.

I do however completely understand those who do not want to play it, whether it be because it's too bleak or whatever, it's not for everyone but it sure as hell is something for me. 

I was originally going to wait for a sale and play it on PS5, when it will almost surely be 4k@60fps. (For comparisons sake; it's 1440p@30fps on PS4 Pro.)

However, my opinion started to change more and more as the leaks circulated, and the hate mob had a raging hardon for the same. I told myself, I'll support the series day one if I could find the special edition in stock before release. I've been watching it for weeks now, so I didn't really think it would pan out.

kUNn9Cp.png

But oh, it worked out. Interestingly enough, someone MUST have cancelled their preorder after the reviews came out, for some reason. Since right after I placed the order, it went out of stock again. Maybe the hyper violence / Game of Thrones final season/Star Wars comparison scared someone away. Their loss, my gain.

Edited by Valyrious

The leaks saved me a lot of money. I am also glad that I 100%ed the franchise already :D for me the story ends at Jackson (I hope that the city's name) with Joel Tommy and Elly. I have never seen a game more shit than the last of us part 2. So thank you whoever spoiled me.

Wow, 17% of people couldn’t avoid the leaks!? That’s weird. Personally I have no interest due to it being a stealth game, but I’m surprised so many people let the leakers ruin it.

On 03/06/2020 at 3:18 AM, StressEater said:

Thank you. Knowing this, I might just wait. I have quite the backlog right now. I plan to transition from the PS4 to the PS5 and never look back on day one of its release.

That’s interesting. I’m actually holding back on playing some games in my backlog because I’d prefer to play them boosted on ps5, hopefully with much shorter load times. Control, for example. This is a big reason I’m getting PS5 day one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

The leaks saved me a lot of money. I am also glad that I 100%ed the franchise already :D for me the story ends at Jackson (I hope that the city's name) with Joel Tommy and Elly. I have never seen a game more shit than the last of us part 2. So thank you whoever spoiled me.

Imagine seeing a few spoilers, never even playing the game, and saying there is no game more shit than TLoU 2. I mean, you don't have to play it but this is just.. ??? This is probably the first time I would use a word sheep. Also, I take it 60 dollars is considered a lot of money nowadays.

Edited by BloodyRutz

Why are ppl clicking on the leaks videos, when they know what they are. Pre order a game then go and and spoil it for yourself? Yeah clever. I've not seen anything last of us 2 related since the reveal trailer in 2016 apart from the trophy list because I don't want to er yknow spoil it for myself. ?