PS5 Apperance!

Lord_Azrath

I actually like it. White will match my decor better than the black. Now, as long as the damn thing can be placed on its side, I will be happy. Unless they somehow fixed all the issues that plagued the last two consoles when they were stood up.

I understand that this is a big deal for them, but they just had a 3 minute video and the first 2 minutes were just building up to the reveal. I was bored after about 30 seconds in and had to fast forward it. 

2 hours ago, waltdisneypixar said:

qsoxjlvaxc451.png

I really can’t believe that no one from Sony compared a black version against the white version. I mean surely they couldn’t have put the two designs side by side and still decided the white one looked better? 

I probably could have handled a retro grey version if they really wanted to go back to the PS1 roots, but every Sony console since then has been black, like most electronics and cabinets. 

I guess this pulls in the people wanting day one, but who will then buy it again in the yr 2 black version so they can have  the colour they all really wanted from the beginning.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StressEater said:

I actually like it. White will match my decor better than the black. Now, as long as the damn thing can be placed on its side, I will be happy. Unless they somehow fixed all the issues that plagued the last two consoles when they were stood up.

I understand that this is a big deal for them, but they just had a 3 minute video and the first 2 minutes were just building up to the reveal. I was bored after about 30 seconds in and had to fast forward it. 

Can definitely set it flat, looks great from this angle, still wish for a black 1.

Maybe I'll wait a bit for special bundle version with a different paint job. A sleek black/grey gt7 edition would be nice.

XfxSSgZ.jpg

Edited by x7eight

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The ps5 is so ugly I'd never buy it without it being redesigned

Good thing I don't plan on dating it. 

Only thing I plan on sliding into my PS5 -- nice and slow like a gentleman, mind you -- is a disc to play games. 

• Like 2

I'm very interested to see the eventual teardown and see if the design contributes to the thermal control. I like the white/black contrast and the horizontal look over the vertical.

Its amusing to me that the PS2, 3, 4, and now 5 have all had their debuts in vertical presentations, but I think the horizontal position makes more efficient use of space and looks better. 

12 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Can definitely set it flat, looks great from this angle, still wish for a black 1.

Maybe I'll wait a bit for special bundle version with a different paint job. A sleek black/grey gt7 edition would be nice.

I plan to buy the day one model upon release. However, I was planning on picking up a second one but I was thinking the exact same thing. Wait for a bundle version with a limited color. I still have that off color blue PS4 from the Uncharted Bundle and the white one from the Destiny Bundle. 

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I'm very interested to see the eventual teardown and see if the design contributes to the thermal control. I like the white/black contrast and the horizontal look over the vertical.

Its amusing to me that the PS2, 3, 4, and now 5 have all had their debuts in vertical presentations, but I think the horizontal position makes more efficient use of space and looks better. 

I was wondering this exact same thing when I first saw it. The last thing anyone wants is to have that same issue with the system overheating.

I.....................don't like it at all. It would be mildly better in black, or maybe like fluoro green or purple instead of the white. And no I'm not kidding. Oh boy, this makes the Xbox design look pretty damn good now. LOL. Oh well, nevermind, I wasn't getting this day one (or any time soon), so by then there'll surely be other options available anyway.

Edited by A_Tennis_Giraffe

I feel like the design is actually good, and it does look better than the controller.... 

Said that, the chances of me buying a limited edition are actually bigger than me buying the regular one, simply because of the two-tone style... 

Edit: Actually, make a Demon's Souls edition, and I will likely buy it day 1...

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I guess this pulls in the people wanting day one, but who will then buy it again in the yr 2 black version so they can have  the colour they all really wanted from the beginning.

I'd buy a 2nd one 2 years later because that's usually when the Pro version is released. I did the same with the original PS4, still have it and surprisingly it still works without being cleaned. I currently use it as my self boosting spare PS4/Blu-ray player.

9 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I'd buy a 2nd one 2 years later because that's usually when the Pro version is released. I did the same with the original PS4, still have it and surprisingly it still works without being cleaned. I currently use it as my self boosting spare PS4/Blu-ray player.

I am still rocking my day one release PS4 as well. It sits in the living room. It runs a little rough and the disc drive acts up a bit now and then. But, I am still getting mileage out of it. It definitely lasted longer than my PS3 but nowhere near as long as my PS1. 

Whilst I've seen some concepts that I prefer, I actually like the official design a lot. I'm more interested though in seeing how it properly sits horizontally and the stand for this way. My only issue so far, and it's really a small one, is that it lays flat and stands up in the opposite way to previous consoles, which throws display off a little.

I have no doubt that Sony will release a black version, but I can guarantee you that there are companies working on skins for this as we speak. You'll get your matte black haha 

Looks like a fancy looking router....I like the white and black tone mixed with the blue light. I do hope the light is bright....or maybe have an option to dim etc for those that dont like lighted distractions. Somewhere down the line I might 3M Vinyl wrap it to red or something. Though Im not a fan of it vertical...

6 hours ago, Barbeqmeister said:

Has to be. Otherwise why take the clearly inferior version if the prices are identical?

Do you have PS4 games physically? Because those won't work either

Very few. And never play the physical versions. Digital only after I bought a couple physicals.

Thanks for reminding me (if I was someone who did buy lots of physicals) though! :)