FF13 vs FF15: Worst Final Fantasy ever made?

Silver-I-Chariot

FF13 vs FF15: Worst Final Fantasy ever made?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Your personal worst Final Fantasy mainline title is:

I haven't played 15 yet, so my reply is by default rather pointless I suppose, but surely it can't be worse than 13?

I find 12 the last great Final Fantasy title. After that, it's been nothing more than mediocre drivel with 13 kicking off the new standard with a bang. One of the most disappointing gaming experience in my lifetime. Just the writing alone was baffling going from 12 to 13.

• Like 2

"Worst FF" is a pretty high bar if you ask me.  The worst on the list are still better than the majority of other games out there.

If I had to pick my least favourite, I would have to agree with @DaivRules and pick VIII ...

Personally I enjoyed all three XIII games.  and XV was mostly unforgettable to me, but at no point did I think it was bad.

• Like 3

The story for 8 was pretty solid, but the core mechanics were questionable at best.

13 was just plain terrible. Even though it lacked the Coleman's product placement of 15, which i still find hilarious, the lack of story and horrifically annoying pair of Hope and Vanille puts it as the worst FF in my books.

• Like 1

Wasn't there an online only one? I was never interested in MMOs, so that one gets my vote. That one or X -- I know some people love it, but I just didn't think it was very good. To this day I've never finished it. XIII was one of the few FF titles I didn't play. I thought XV had its moments and I adored Prompto.

• Like 1

So far, I played ff1, started 2 (didn't like the 'level' system), 4, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-'3', and 15. Of all these is 15 the one that I was most excited for, but have the worst memories of.

The thing is, 15 might not be that bad, but square enix just f* it up. If the whole story would be in one game (and not scattered through movie, anime, dlc's and whatnot) it could have been great.

-13 wasn't my favorite either when I first played it - I didn't hate it, but beyond the fun gameplay and graphics it wasn't anything special for me - but after playing the whole trilogy back to back and actually understanding the story, I started to love it, and now 13 is high up in my list. Also, the music! <3
-12 (which is a hated title as well for reasons I cannot understand) is my absolute favorite. It's the first game in the franchise for me, so obviously I like it. But even beyond that, it's a great game, has a big world to explore, many enemies and bosses, great music etc., only the characters are a bit... weirdly arranged. Vaan is the main character (along with Penelope) in my opinion 'cause you start with them, but he gets overshadowed by Balthier and Ashe later in the game and the actual main characters are slowly not relevant anymore.

I just really really REALLY hope they don't massacre the next ff so goddamn hard.

• Like 1

I played FF2 and at least beat it, the Level system is basically a beta for the job system, I actually like it.

XII is just... not Final Fantasy, feels more like an Star Wars spin off. I could say that XV doesn't feel like FF either, but I at least liked it

You haven't played FF Mystic Quest.

DQIX is the worst Dragon Quest game, IMO. You create your characters. Hence no personalities/interesting storyline like FFIII Remake. Just worth it to fight every single DQ Boss. 

Dissdia NT is considered Trash to some. 

What I have played to far from FFXV, not bad gameplay wise.  Storyline dunno.

I guess no one has played FF 1 or FF 2 because those games were really rough. I think 13 and 15 are weaker links in the series, but I'd put them over the first 3 games at least.

I don't think they were terrible by any means; I just found the combat systems to not be as fun. XV was too mindless and easy and XIII was too passive, but being the worst in the series is still not necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Nobody ever played Final Fantasy II, because if they did, people would never make polls like this one.

Without a doubt, the worst of any game that carries the Final Fantasy name.

• Like 2

Final Fantasy is my favorite video game series, and have played them all.  The worst games in my opinion are definitely II, IX and XII.

My backlog on re-playing most of them for trophies will take a century, but there is so many good games to play.

Edited by shadowTECnology
  • Like 1