Ratalaika Games have published 82 games on the PS4 according to their website

usapro2017

47 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Imagine you get Birth of An Assassin from AC2, a very common trophy, but it will not show up in any leaderboard because of elitist thinking.

Trophy hunters should make every trophy count.

Whatever dude.  Elite thinking? What about entitled want everything in life easy and handed to them thinking?  Nothing wrong with that right?  Who gives a shit if some horse shit assassins creed 2 trophy doesn't  track.  It will  still be on your profile for your viewing pleasure for you to sit back and reminisce on.   Everybody will be in the same boat as you. It wouldn't just not track for your stats and track for everyone else.  Honestly dude that trophy you just mentioned proves my point exactly.  that trophy is basically a participation awarded for starting the game. would it have been to much effort to find a better example?  Probably so.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Let me clarify some of your misinformation with regards to this thread.

I read the entire thread before I posted, so I knew what I was going to say when I made my post.

1. The person who got destroyed in this thread did nothing but personally attack me because he didn't like my opinion. A bunch of his comments were deleted because he had nothing to offer but insults.

That's his fault, but some of you guys with a bunch of Ratalaika Games have done the exact same thing. Nobody is above somebody else because they have no Ratalaika Games on their profile or they have a lot of Ratalaika Games on their profile. Both sides are wrong.

People say they're tired of Ratalaika itself getting a negative light on this website. Other people are tired of those defending Ratalaika by attacking others who have said they have contributed to making trophies and platinums more meaningless.

The system was already getting devalued with Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo, well before Ratalaika Games did any publishing of trophies. If you want to go back to years earlier, Sound Shapes let you auto pop all the trophies in the stacks if you synced them to another console.

2. Read every comment I have made in this thread and tell me explicitly what I said that I deserved to be personally attacked. I look forward to your feedback.

I never said you deserved to be attacked, nor was I addressing you in particular. I was talking about people in general who go against those who have a negative opinion on these easy platinums.

This goes back to someone hating on me because I like "Drake". Truthfully I don't like the guy, I think he's a shitty rapper. But I have had people jump on me just for saying I don't like him. This is the same kind of logic.

3. I have definitely bought a bunch of Ratalaika games and have PS Vita and PS4 plats from their games. I am a computer programmer who has worked in the tech industry for a decade now. Probably unlike you, I know firsthand the time, effort, money that these indie developers have put into their games that you have arbitrarily deemed garbage because you don't like a sales tactic Ratalaika uses. I have tonnes of disposable income and CHOOSE to spend some of my money supporting indie. These quick games are also enjoyable because spare time is now shorter for me.

I have been gaming since the early 1990s and I'm in my 30s. I'm not some kid who stumbled onto his first video game. I knew computer programmers who worked on many different programs, not necessarily indie games mind you but I have seen the work, time and effort that they've done. I decided to not be a computer programmer because that is not a field that suits my tastes.

The sales tactic Ratalaika uses is issuing incredibly easy games with platinums you can do in half a hour. This devalues the trophy system. I have not once complained about TellTale Games nor complained about anyone who has multiple stacks of TellTale. Because you have to play to the end of the story in their games, that's the difference right there. Even Sound Shapes which I just mentioned you had to get everything done the first time before you were able to stack the platinums.

There are plenty of games that are worth many peoples time that aren't incredibly short. You can do The Little Acre in a little over a hour. The Bunker and Late Shift are both live action FMVs that you can do in just a couple hours. The PS4 console has a great offering of indie games and even fairly short AAA games that are enjoyable and fun. I just don't have to say what Ratalaika is doing is entirely good.

Should you be offended by this, then I'm sorry. Saying you have tons of disposable income is completely irrelevant.

4. Take a look at my profile and take a peak at all those 0.x% rarity trophies I have showcased. I've got a few first achiever plats and misc trophies as well. You think I'm just stacking Ratalaika trophies to boost my profile? Negative, I like throwing some money over to the indie developers while also getting the trophy dings. 

Badland is a notoriously hard game that up until a year ago or so, was deemed impossible to platinum because of a certain collectible that was thought unobtainable. Some of those trophies are impressive, but you are not above anyone else. I have the Super Meat Boy platinum, which I poured a lot of time and effort into, but not once have I bragged about it.

I have a few first achiever platinums (Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour, Atari Flashback Classics Vol 1, Volgarr the Viking), some fastest achiever lists (Sonic Mania, Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics) and other misc trophies. Why should that matter?

I don't even want to comment on your last sentence.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

You don't filter out games you just don't tally common trophies towards people's leaderboard totals.   They still remain on the profile to be viewed they just don't count for anything.  If you did this people who were using games to chase levels or leaderboard poisitions wouldn't' be able to gain anything by playing 5 minutes games and their stacks.  It would effect every common trophy.  You could have a game with a average rarity of 11 and that trophy that sits at 98% for playing the tutorial wouldn't track.  it would still be on your profile just wouldn't track for gamer score.

Not tallying common trophies seems to be quite a mess, 98% of games have at least a common trophy,  I'd say a better bet would be to ignore games with a platinum (or completion rate if there is no plat)  that is above 50%, you still snuck in late AAA games that basically guide you to get the platinum after a long drawn out story, as a matter of fact, the proposal would be similiar to the ribbon system made around a year ago.

I definitely don't mind the occasional Ratalaika game, some of them have actually been fun (My Big Sister, Access Denied etc.) however I do think that having 6 stacks of each game is a bit much, and I'd love to see the trophy lists expanded so that more of the games are experienced rather than just being a quick and easy platinum.

However I feel if these were no longer quick and easy, a lot of trophy hunters wouldn't buy them up.  For example, if you look at the likes of STAY and One More Dungeon, I believe those both have relatively low rarity - STAY was even an ultra rare for a while, but due to it not being a quick EZPZ Ratalaika game it has very few owners/achievers in comparison to say something like Jack & Jill DX.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

6 stacks of each game is a bit much

It's pretty much a sign that Sony needs to step up to improve their quality control and gatekeep what games are supposed to be released. Okay, one Ratalaika game to be released is enough, like how the company did for Xbox, Switch, and Steam. But re-releasing the same game for 6 stacks is pretty much sullying the meaning of Platinum trophies and trophies in general. Stacks are okay, if the game has different languages like Japanese, usually.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

Whatever dude.  Elite thinking? What about entitled want everything in life easy and handed to them thinking?  Nothing wrong with that right?  Who gives a shit if some horse shit assassins creed 2 trophy doesn't  track.  It will  still be on your profile for your viewing pleasure for you to sit back and reminisce on.   Everybody will be in the same boat as you. It wouldn't just not track for your stats and track for everyone else.  Honestly dude that trophy you just mentioned proves my point exactly.  that trophy is basically a participation awarded for starting the game. would it have been to much effort to find a better example?  Probably so.

You missed the point. You need all trophies for a platinum, and locking them out to cater to a certain group of trophy hunters is a terrible idea.

Edited by Thrillhelm

3 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Quite a few people care about the leaderboard, and find it fun, enough that there are staff members for it. Ratalaika's stacking decisions are problematic for just about everyone who cares about the leaderboard. Most top ranked trophy hunters have expressed they don't really want to have to play a game 6 times, just because they know others will, to maintain their rank. Lower ranked trophy hunters are frustrated because if they don't enjoy these games, there's no way to keep up with someone who plays -500- thirty minute average platinums. It's not the community that is a problem, its Ratalaika's destructive and exploitive practices taking advantage of the situation (see above message).

I was writing a wall of text but I'll just say this: PSN does not have a leaderboard. The problem is not PSN. Direct all your tears to @Sly Ripper so he can make a Masters Leaderboard. But blaming a publisher for supporting videogames is just wrong.

I used to hate indie games for coming each month in PS Plus instead of big AAA games, but I wouldn't have minded if some of those were from Ratalaika. In fact, any game in that list would have been better instead that NBA game.

And now I'll quickly get out of here because I'm sure I pissed off someone.

EDIT: lol

Edited by Katt

There is always someone with more resources to get more games, Ratalaika at least made everyone equal in that point that their games are affordable and do not need that much of a skill. No need to point the finger at them and those who buy their games. At least they dont charge more money or want you to get full-price titles. And in some cases you still need to play the whole game (Duck Souls for example). Crossbuy is a great bang for a buck.

If you go for hard to earn trophies then nobody is preventing you from doing so.

On 2020-07-18 at 0:35 PM, DarkLordSHTR said:

Don't Subtract the subject from its purpose. And don't demagogy.

Explain to me why the support of the PS VITA, which has been supported since the beginning, has been cut off. They cut support with silly and funny excuses.
This is where we get angry.

I'll tell you why.
They made enough money and kicked it at the earliest opportunity.
Because now they have money and are known.

So they are hypocrites.

lol, they definitely didn't "kick it" at the earliest opportunity. Stopping PS VITA support in 2020 is pretty late.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

Most of everybody who came in here trying to defend Ratalaika 'easy' platinums against those who have voiced against them have a buttload of stacks themselves. It's clear as day because the writing is on the wall with their trophy profiles.

The people I can respect are the ones who have played a few Ratalaika games but have not dared to voice against those who feel they make the platinum count meaningless. If you want to come on here and say "It's peoples choice if they want to do x6 Ratalaika game stacks on their profiles, doesn't bother me", I am perfectly fine with that comment.

Oh wait, a couple people come in butthurt and tell the guy who made a critical comment and opinion a "jackass" for voicing out about his viewpoint, yet they have a whole bunch of Ratalaika Games completed with multiple stacks.

That's like me getting offended by someone who says "Drake is a bad rapper" simply because I like the guy. This is the exact same mentality.

Fact of the matter is, these people can say what they want on Ratalaika as long as they are not making any threats or brash accusations. As to how I look at them, they have contributed to making the platinum count more and more meaningless.

Don't get your hands dirty and go after someone who says a negative opinion on Ratalaika when you yourself have done multiple stacks on Ratalaika Games to increase your trophy count.

I have literally one Ratalaika game platinum. lol, I didn't even stack Sound Shapes. Only auto stack I was going to do was Sly 4, but it's not working properly with trophies so I'll eventually have to earn the rest independently. If I ever get off my ass and feel like doing it, but man those minigames are annoying... I digress. RESPECT ME. I totally asked and totally care what a stranger thinks of my trophies, I don't do it for me. I do it for you. Give me my validation! [edit; oh wait I got Senran Kagura Estival Versus auto popped as much as possible. for shame on me. I should throw myself off a bridge]

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

That is why 100 platinums by their number count isn't much anymore.

They never meant anything... they only mean what someone gives them. And you can just go look at what they got for 100 platinums, but you won't. ~ALMOST~ like you don't actually care about other people's trophy lists or something... that can't be! o: oh no! that's impossible!

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

This thread has really brought out the worst in us

lol... in you maybe. I'm good.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, snakebit10 said:

I have bought a few of their games but I am determined I am not going to fill my profile with their games. Once in a while I may play one. I am not going to create additional accounts to get the stacks.

Personally I don't care what people do with their time and money. If they want all these easy plats, then that is up to them. 

As long as people will but them, they will continue to put them out. I am wondering if they are already planning their PS5 games.

In my opinion, some of them are actually entertaining for a short period of time and worth dropping $2 on a sale. Namely the platformers!

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

The games they publish typically aren't bad at all, however it's obvious by looking at them that the trophy lists are literally the absolute minimal requirement possible for a platinum trophy list, something Sony doesn't care to enforce and has caused the trophy system to fall on its face. If you're being honest, most trophy hunters don't play each of these games 6 times over because they had so much fun playing 2 levels of an indie game over and over again, it's because they want a ton of quick platinum trophies lol. Which oh well, there's a demand for something Sony doesn't care to fix, then there will be a supply. That's the reality. How someone spends their time playing video games is how they choose to spend it.

When you multiply 82 by 6 (the average number of repeat lists for these games) you get nearly 500 completely worthless platinum trophies. Now you know why the platinum trophy, which used to be an impressive signifier of great *effort* on someone's profile, is now a completely useless statistic. And it's not just one publisher or developer doing it, it's a trend now because it's allowed to be done by Sony. The trophy system is pretty much undergoing hyperinflation, and people will eventually figure out that platinum trophy count doesn't really even mean anything anymore. We are at the point now where it's possible for a profile to have way more platinum trophies than bronze trophies. In fact you could have hundreds of platinum trophies and ZERO bronze trophies - how is that not a broken system?

This kind of thing has been a problem for Sony from the start though. Sony can't ever implement official leaderboards because they failed to crack down on all of the cheaters from the start, and it was up to websites like these to fix the problem. Maybe one day someone will have an interest to fix what Sony neglected with this problem in particular and make the trophy system interesting again like it was years ago.

Luckily, these profiles are SUPER easy to spot based on the insanely high [Gold / Silver] to Bronze Ratios, so its not too too hard to figure out if a profile is basically BS bc of Rat stacks (you hate to see it). Although it does totally sully the "Leaderboard" aspect because Rat game stacks bloated trophy points.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

A man of culture I see :)

Seriously though, I know these kinds of threads always devolve into disagreements but even for the people who look down on those that play Rata games, should be allowed to have their opinion. I wish we didn't live in a world where we judged one another, but that doesn't mean there isn't legitimate points on both sides of the debate.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for any side, company, etc. but if someone can create a perfect system that makes all sides valid points work while removing all the negatives from each side, I'll eat my hat. Be kind to one another, even while disagreeing. 

It is not about judging. It is about being honost what we think about people that stacks 6, 30min plats after each other, just to reach a higher place On the LB. 

I dont care about Leaderboards at all to be honost. But i am defending it and the people/ trophy hunters, that wooorked so amazingly hard over the years with hard and extremly challenging games/ trophies.  

And then couple years later comes Ratalaika and destroys their hard work. You see this is wrong? 

It should be fair. Either that they make a seperate Lb for them or that they make so everything below 75% rarity counts for lb. 

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

They pretty much looked at that trend and used it as a vehicle to mass produce easy plat games. Did you remember Terminator: Salvation, though? It was an easy plat, I suppose. I pretty much said that 100 Plats on nothing more than Rata stacks or easy games where you barely do anything is never going to be the same as 100 Plats on regular games. This is pretty reminiscent on the Chevo Lurker Exodus, which is one of the 5000 achievement games on Steam, where all of the 5000 achievements will pop after two seconds later.

Games with easy platinums are a thing since the beginning of the trophy system. Before Ratalaika there was the japanese VNs and before them there was the pixar/dreamworks games (some people call them Disneytinums). But, at least those games asked you to finish them in the first place.

9 hours ago, B1rvine said:

@RatalaikaGames should cater to the entire trophy community, instead of the EZPZ subset of trophy hunters. They can do this by making a few ultra hard trophy lists, like sub 1% rarity plats. They'd have a new customer if he did. But for now, I can't support this company.

...or having a "Finish the Game" trophy, I bet the rarity would go down in most games. A 95% rarity would go down to 67%, for example.

My opinion on the matter: I would play those games with no problems, but I would not pay it. The only time I did this it was with Skytime and it was instant regret.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, B1rvine said:

@RatalaikaGames should cater to the entire trophy community, instead of the EZPZ subset of trophy hunters. They can do this by making a few ultra hard trophy lists, like sub 1% rarity plats. They'd have a new customer if he did. But for now, I can't support this company.

What I recalled from 1 of the older threats about this, is that the reason that they have an easy list is due to having not to having to QC hard games. (and therefore eliminating the chances of unobtainability) . This was from someone who is close to them. 

Though I don't believe that that is the leading standpoint.

If that logic is true or false then they aren't going to change their system. 

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I have literally one Ratalaika game platinum. lol, I didn't even stack Sound Shapes. Only auto stack I was going to do was Sly 4, but it's not working properly with trophies so I'll eventually have to earn the rest independently. If I ever get off my ass and feel like doing it, but man those minigames are annoying... I digress. RESPECT ME. I totally asked and totally care what a stranger thinks of my trophies, I don't do it for me. I do it for you. Give me my validation! [edit; oh wait I got Senran Kagura Estival Versus auto popped as much as possible. for shame on me. I should throw myself off a bridge]

The motion controls on the PS3 were never very good. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time was pretty meh. Definitely enjoyed the PS2 era trilogy a lot more.

I don't know why anybody would be here just to read other random peoples posts if they don't play games/hunt trophies themselves. Big waste of time if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

They never meant anything... they only mean what someone gives them. And you can just go look at what they got for 100 platinums, but you won't. ~ALMOST~ like you don't actually care about other people's trophy lists or something... that can't be! o: oh no! that's impossible!

For the people who are competitive and played for rankings, they meant something. Today it's all about stacking the easy shit. The average gamer isn't going to go out of their way to play most of Ratalaika's offerings. They are directly targeting the trophy hunter community, which has always been a minority of people.

• Like 1