Ratalaika Games have published 82 games on the PS4 according to their website

usapro2017

I would tell everyone to relax and go enjoy some video games. Yes, this is a threat. Some answers here are very troubling. Especially those on the first page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrettyBoy said:

There will be triple fast platinums when PS5 becomes a thing, if you catch my drift. :P  

Crossplay PS4/PS5 would be nice, the next big thing? Unfortunately there will be no Triple Buy, they stopped their Vita Support because of the greedy PEGI.

• Like 1

Of my 166 platinums I have 5 of those 82 games platted. Then it came to a point where I thought whats the point in rushing to 200 platinums with shitty platinum's. So I've completely stopped doing 5 minute plats because my profile will start to look shitty. Sometimes I look at other gamers profiles who have 200 but not impressed because of the amount of Rat games on there. (Just my opinion)

Now If some gamers what to get 200 easy 10 mins plats on their profile IT"S THEIR F@#KING CHOICE. It doesn't bother me. My profile is for my own benefit to look at and enjoy. I just chose not to do the easy stuff unless it's a decent game. 

At the end of the day it's each to his own. Stop criticizing other gamers for games they chose to plat. Surely you can spend your time giving input on other threads instead of been a ass on other people's fetishes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Thanks @RatalaikaGames for bringing indie games to console and handheld platforms. You're doing a great service to small developers; keep up the good work.

Surely that would be their intention right? Aiming to see small developers thrive?

Some say they're just taking trophy hunters for a ride. What a ridiculous notion.. 

• Like 1

Personally I think you're insane if you don't think two jars of mayonnaise would look good on your profile... too bad I don't own a Vita yet. I'll just have to settle for my one mayo jar ?

People do have the freedom to buy whatever they want, and if game with super easy platinum trophies are their thing, go for it. It's not for me, however... unless it's My Name Is Mayo. I'll take a PS5 remaster someday.

• Like 1

Sony didn't handle the Vita as well as they could have. I have around 10 games on my Vita, half of which I can knock out in a week's time. Ratalaika dropping support for the handheld isn't a big surprise. I will probably drop the Vita for good come late this year or early next year.

I give them props for supporting a dying handheld. I don't support them handing out trophy lists that a little kid can do.

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Oh wait, a couple people come in butthurt and tell the guy who made a critical comment and opinion a "jackass" for voicing out about his viewpoint, yet they have a whole bunch of Ratalaika Games completed with multiple stacks.

That's like me getting offended by someone who says "Drake is a bad rapper" simply because I like the guy. This is the exact same mentality.

It's more like. "gambling is bad for you and you shouldn't do it." while gambling all your money away. 

I believe this correlates with an addiction more then 'been fun'. And the flaws that comes with that can be seen in this thread as well as many other threads. - > "you do you". 

But truth be told, ratgames published some 'interesting' games like ganbare (which I ordered physically). I will be playing that when it hit the mail. :awesome:

---

Still, I do point at them for saturating the platinum system more then it already was. And were 100 plats ain't that impressive anymore as you can achieve it in just mere hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Surely that would be their intention right? Aiming to see small developers thrive?

Some say they're just taking trophy hunters for a ride. What a ridiculous notion.. 

Why Not Both GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Still, I do point at them for saturating the platinum system more then it already was. And were 100 plats ain't that impressive anymore as you can achieve it in just mere hours. 

Games were still adopting the old trophy standards as late as 2013 - 2014. Then somewhere in 2015 - 2016, Sony lowered their standards and decided stuff like Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo would be good for platinums. Ratalaika Games probably looked at these games and thought these would be good to follow, so they've made trophy lists where you barely have to do anything for a platinum.

That is why 100 platinums by their number count isn't much anymore.

13 hours ago, TrueMrBubbles said:

Never bought any and never will buy such games just to fill my profile with junk. I rather play 2 or 3 months for a platinum then this. But on topic, I think sales will drop eventually, most of the trophy hunters that stack them do it trough shares anyway

If you grew up during the 8 and 16bit generations then some of these games are retro goodness. I never bail as soon as the platinum pops. I always finish the game. They need to change how the trophies work and stop the plat popping after like the first level.

Don't be the average cod fan and be like graphics = good game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Games were still adopting the old trophy standards as late as 2013 - 2014. Then somewhere in 2015 - 2016, Sony lowered their standards and decided stuff like Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo would be good for platinums. Ratalaika Games probably looked at these games and thought these would be good to follow, so they've made trophy lists where you barely have to do anything for a platinum.

That is why 100 platinums by their number count isn't much anymore.

They pretty much looked at that trend and used it as a vehicle to mass produce easy plat games. Did you remember Terminator: Salvation, though? It was an easy plat, I suppose. I pretty much said that 100 Plats on nothing more than Rata stacks or easy games where you barely do anything is never going to be the same as 100 Plats on regular games. This is pretty reminiscent on the Chevo Lurker Exodus, which is one of the 5000 achievement games on Steam, where all of the 5000 achievements will pop after two seconds later.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

I've been playing through their game catalogue and honestly playing their games has made me have much more love for them. The thing is they're a publisher not just a developer, and some of their games may seem simple but that's because they literally may be the first game by a indie dev that someone created for fun on the side, and if you up play through the games many have thank you messages from these indie Devs Rata helped published. They get bad reps for having quick Plats but just because you got the Plat doesn't mean you need to delete the game right there. Finish it, enjoy it and just know you probably helped a dev that was just starting out have the motivation to keep going.

Also some of their games are very fun. Super Destronaut Land Wars I really loved myself was cool playing a 3D style space invaders and the bright neon lines and effects made me reminiscent of Tron.

I knew of Ratalaika, but didn't know which games were theirs, never paid that much attention to it. Looking at the list I did notice I currently have 1 plat from them (Jack n Jill DX). I bought that game on a discount once because it seemed like it was a fun little game to play (which it was) and I needed something in between some bigger games. Some of the games look like genuine fun and why would you not support the indy devs for those?

They do devaluate platinums a lot, it would have been better if you at least had to finish a game for the plat (maybe going from 30 minutes to 3 hours). It would still be easy, but at least that's better than essentially paid platinums.

I have no issue with people just filling their profile with all of these plats, simply for the plats (though I don't really understand why you would, but to each their own). I do think a modifier on average rarity would be nice on the leaderboards to balance things out a bit. Come up with a formula to calculate a score, and put that on the profile and the leaderboards.

For example, I have just over 200 plats and an average rarity of about 40%. I saw a profile with over 400 plats and an average rarity of over 72%. So twice as many plats, almost half less rare. Imo, that should be a lot closer to each other than it is currently. I think that would give a lot more incentives to play some more varied games and return some status to the hobby of trophy hunting rather than trophy hunting being reduced to a cheap numbers game of who can spent the most amount of money for cheap little games with 1 hour platinums.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

This is why I stopped trophy hunting, at least in any kind of competitive fashion. I just don't have the money or desire to buy and play the same game multiple times just for easy plats just to keep up with the pace. Other people can do what they want but to me it just feels ridiculous. Yea I have plats for the same game (usually rereleases on newer systems) but that was because I enjoyed the game. Ratalaika has some good games and some I'd like to play but games like this destroyed the trophy system. 

Couldn't of said this better myself.

38 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

This is why I stopped trophy hunting, at least in any kind of competitive fashion. I just don't have the money or desire to buy and play the same game multiple times just for easy plats just to keep up with the pace. Other people can do what they want but to me it just feels ridiculous. Yea I have plats for the same game (usually rereleases on newer systems) but that was because I enjoyed the game. Ratalaika has some good games and some I'd like to play but games like this destroyed the trophy system. 

It's basically quality control being blown off the window. Ratalaika games are good, but when Sony lowered the standards on how they moderate the games before release, then there is a definite problem.

Edited by BadRep24

If Profiles quit tracking common trophies I bet it would put ratilaka out of business.  I bet 80% of their sales come from trophy hunters.  Non trophy hunters aren't the people buying their games for the most part.  

I don't understand why we are tracking a ratalaka leaderboard and monitoring it for cheaters.  they're all cheaters if you are auto popping 10 minute platinums all day long.  Might as well just let em hack games too.  I don't see that much of a difference to be honest.  The hacker probably puts in more effort than they do tbh. I think even some of the people at the top of the leaderboards wish they would quit producing stacks and stacks of this crap too because every time they do than that person has to go out and drop 20.00 on four stacks of some shitty game just to keep up with the rest.  Can you imagine buying the same shitty 15 minute game 4 times????  Wow you're the proud owner of 4 digital versions of duck souls plus!!!   i realize sometimes they get a version or two for free but in some cases they are buying it over and over again.

One solution exists and that is to stop tracking common trophies and all this bullshit goes away.   Rata quits profiteering from stupid and we can start having a real competition that has some meaning.  Just because sony lets the crap in doesn't mean we have to. 

• Like 4

No problem with this list, its the localization and 4x that makes this problem so much worse. I don't know when a game qualifies to get a seperate list for EU, NA, KP or AS. However no title other then the ones from this developer get som many differenent region releases and therefor so many trophy lists. They are intentionally doing things to force this. They know their customer base is 90% trophy hunters, these seperate releases show they are trying to make extra money of it. There is no other reason for all those region releases (what other published/developer does this??), except money.

Playstation needs to have a stricter policy. They are allowing one tiny company to completely devalue platinum and gold trophies. People have more gold then silver trophies. That is not how Playstation intented things. It also devides the community and this okay with it and those who are not okay with it. Those that are willing/can spend the money and those who can't. 

And I agree with Steel6burgh above. Playstation probably isn't going to do anything. PSNP could have a list or option to filter out multiple regions (only count unique games) or games that took <45 min.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JayVR82 said:

And I agree with Steel6burgh above. Playstation probably isn't going to do anything. PSNP could have a list or option to filter out multiple regions (only count unique games) or games that took <45 min.

The tricky part, though, is which region stack the user started. The started one is the unique, while the rest will be filtered out.

22 hours ago, usapro2017 said:

1 Twin Robots

2 Blasting Agent

3 Dustoff Heli Rescue 2

4 I And Me

5 36 Fragments Of Midnight 

6 Squareboy Vs Bullies

7 The Count Lucanor

8 The Long Reach

9 One More Dungeon

10 Peasant Knight 

11 League Of Evil

12 Mekorama 

13 Midnight Deluxe

14 Devious Dungeon

15 InkSplosion

16 Super Destronaut DX

17 STAY

18 Tetra’s Escape

19 FullBlast 

20 Jack N’ Jill DX

21 Shadow Of Loot Box

22 I Am The Hero

23 Heroes Trials

24 Access Denied

25 Daggerhood

26 METAGAL

27 Super Weekend Mode

28 Iron Snout

29 Zeroptian Invasion

30 Bird Game +

31 My Big Sister

32 Devious Dungeon 2

33 Back In 1995

34 Warlock’s Tower

35 Neon Junctions

36 Cybarian

37 Attack Of The Toy Tanks

38 Paradox Soul

39 Bouncy Bullets

40 Mochi Mochi Boy

41 Hoggy2

42 Super Wiloo Demake

43 Sagebrush

44 Gravity Duck

45 Mekabolt

46 Legend Of The Skyfish

47 Himno

48 DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition

49 Scheming Through The Zombie Apocalypse 

50 One Night Stand

51 Super Box Land Demake

52 Just Ignore Them

53 Deep Space Rush

54 Delta squad

55 Football Game

56 FoxyLand

57 Red Bow

58 FoxyLand 2

59 Milo’s Quest

60 Zero Zero Zero Zero

61 Reed Remastered 

62 Knightin’ +

63 Ganbare! Super Strikers

64 Syrup And The Ultimate Sweet

65 Super Destronaut: Land Wars

66 Thunder Paw

67 Duck Souls +

68 Random Heroes: Gold Edition

69 Rush Rover

70 Blind Men

71 Guard Duty

72 Gun Crazy

73 Reed 2

74 Thy Sword

75 Concept Destruction 

76 Castle Pals

77 Strawberry Vinegar

78 Radio Squid

79 A Summer With The Shiba Inu

80 Clash Force

81 DISTRAINT 2

82 Ultra Hat Dimension

82 easy and fast PS4 Platinums right there! That’s not even including all the countless stacks you could get if you wanted to go down that route.

I knew Ratalaika released quite a few titles but I never realised it was this many!

Do you think it will get to the stage where Ratalaika games will simply oversaturate the market to the point that people will get sick of buying so many releases and their sales will begin to suffer?

Or do you think there will always be plenty of people wanting to buy every release for easy/fast trophies?

They should make a Bundle with all 82 games and a super bundle of the whole pile from different regions 

• Like 1