Let's face it, we were sold an unfinished game

skazzzz4

I stopped purchasing games launch day a while and haven't preordered something since no man's sky. i wait til the game has been out for a bit before i decided if im gonna spend my hard earned money on it. i had high hopes for this game, but with how the game industry is nowadays i can't say im entirely surprised by the results.

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

"vote with your wallet" is always in effect. There's no informing being done on your part. 

The industry follows trends. Trends are created from consumer actions. It isn't be downplayed.

I hear what you are saying dude. 

Regardless of peoples opinions this is true. We always make decisions that will change how businesses operate. People not understanding current gaming trends is the headache. This was all effectively a beta and many games are effectively straddling the line between beta, early access and full release. But if a games plan involves release over a large amount of time the crap going on here is the usual stuff. Anyone who has been gaming for more than a couple of years should know all the basics by now. Games with long term plans usually have big revamps. 

I already mentioned i will wait till the game has spiderman, but they released a roadmap check it buy it when it offers what you want. If you like the roadmap and happy to preorder but not expect best game ever at release buy it. But if you are buying into a service be aware of that. All the previews of this game panned it the beta was kinda crappy, but it certainly had potential. Also people are way more forgiving for long run multiplayer experiences.

The bit that confuses more than everything is people acting like we are all on opposing sides, I don't give a shit if you hate/love this game. I will pay attention to interesting and well thought out points that help inform my purchasing decisions. The rest is just a waste of time to read and gives me a huge ignore list.

• Like 1

GaaS games are literally designed to be released unfinished lol. That is the point of adding more content. No one remembers when Destiny first came out? I love the game. Been playing everyday since launch and having a great time. Just a few days until I get power level 150. No technical issues here on my old model PS4 either. All the hate is completely overblown imho.

• Like 2

Every time I see these types of threads, something in my darkest corners  of my mind reachs out and tells me "videogames are a drug"

The defensiveness when someone does not like your choice/acquisition,  the guilt of once again falling for buying  a game day 1 in the heat of the moment, only to find out  all the unfinished trash it has, the heel realization after the dopamine rush ("hype") wears off, it doesn't  happen to games only. I tend to be  lassez faire, but I recognize that there are certain loop holes to fuck the mind of the average person, maybe the  jobless youtubers desperately seeking cash on their patreon do have a point regarding regulating this "hobby".

Oh, and imagine   cop- taking inspiration  from Anthem, brrr, they deserve to lose their job.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, skazzzz4 said:

This needed more time in development, but it was released anyway because MONEY.  They know people will buy it on name alone.

-Bugs everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Trophies, missions, costumes, challenge cards, cut-scenes. This was not play tested properly.

-Lackluster story.

-No option to replay campaign missions.

-Just 3 villains.  Only 2 replayable.

-Only 5 objective types repeated over and over and over.

-Factions that don't do anything

-Boring loot system, loot doesn't appear on characters.

Maybe it will get better later but that doesn't matter. It was released now and should be a complete game now.

When they said it was going to be a "games as service" about a year ago I noped the fuck out of there.  EA and Anthem, Bethesda and FO76 both taught me that "Games as service" means the game aint finished yet but they are going to release it anyways.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikem192 said:

Personally I’ve not experienced any problems. Odd glitch here and there but nothing game breaking and I agree the story was amazing. 

I have to agree with the OP though, the post game is getting boring pretty quickly. Even Destiny/Division would keep me interested for a few months after each update. Just over a week in on this and I’m feeling the chore already. Only two bosses? On repeat? Boring 

Having said that I’m excited for the games future, the endless directions it could go, all the characters and story arcs they could choose. It’s the start of a much bigger picture and will only get better. I just hope they put their focus into polishing up the game better 

Why does everyone keep saying 2 bosses?  I know of 4.  Abomination, the Air ship, Taskmaster, and the Giant Dreadbot.  

I guess it is a matter of what keeps ones interest, which I understand.  Everyone feels differently.  I got bored of Destiny 1 immediately.  Diablo 3 has several of the same bosses, in the same areas from the campaign.  I guess it is a matter of perspective.  I do see some your points, but I don't believe it to be unfinished.

I too am very excited for future.  

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

This thread is quite amusing :P
Basically every user bashing this game and declaring it a 'cash grab' and the devil, all keep bringing up persistently how they 'Didnt fall for the trap' and havent bought/played the game lmfao.

They watch the youtube videos and look at the angry rhetoric from certain users and just jump in with both feet without actually experiencing the game at all.

And then you have all the others on the thread that are hyping the game, are the ones that have played it xD 

We get it, you dont like a certain genre of game, great. Its just weird how you follow around the games of that genre just to declare your hatred for them.

People like different things, i love this style of game and even though there are a number of bugs (Which are being fixed daily and patches brought out every couple of days) the gameplay is still amazing. 

Personally, i think 'Souls type' games are the most unimaginative, dull and buggy games ive played. I just dont play them or criticise others for enjoying them.

yeah, it’s not like there was a FREE open public beta to play the crap game. Anyone that bought it after that is somebody already biased in favour of it given how mediocre it plays. Not to mention the trash mission structure and horrible writing that contradicts itself within seconds. You’d have to already be jerking it off in your mind to go, “that’s worth $60 and ignoring the games as a service and per character season passes”. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 8:36 PM, ObsceneSociopath said:

Why would the loot appear on characters? We get full skin swaps instead. While some are just reskins, all of the different appearances are based on or even a direct use of outfits that they've worn in the comics, Iron Man by far being the best example of that with some of them even having the name of the storyline they are from as the name of the suit such as his Original Sin Armour. We are playing as existing famous Marvel Heroes, not custom characters, it would make no sense for them to be running around in random outfits made of different pieces.

I pretty much agree with everything you said so im only singling out this portion to co-sign. Why on Earth would anyone think we should change licensed characters at all?  lol Seriously the last thing i wanna see in a co-op mission is Captain America showing up to lead the charge wearing jorts, a halter top and a bag on his head or bunny ears which, if this community is anything like other communities with customizable in game characters, im sure a good portion of them would do. This isnt GTA.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2020 at 4:43 PM, Shua_J said:

Vote with your wallet is an affect. Not an effect. It's only an effect to those on the receiving end. It's an affect by those who are buying. It's obvious by your post that you aren't exactly aware of what's actually being said..and some of that may be the way in which I chose to explain it. Trends come from the affect position. The effect position is talking about them after the fact. Effect is history. Affect is present.

What are you even talking about? "In effect" means that something is continuously going on. For instance, "social distancing measures are in effect until the governor ends them." Affect is the verb, effect is the noun. Companies like Square Enix are affected by the fact that vote-by-wallet is in effect, which may lead to a lasting effect

10 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

jump in with both feet without actually experiencing the game at all.

Have I played this game? No.

Have I watched any gameplay for it? No.

Do I need first-hand experience to know I won't enjoy something? No.

I've never personally been in a chemical fire. That doesn't mean I can't weigh in with my opinion on how much it would suck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Have I played this game? No.

Have I watched any gameplay for it? No.

Do I need first-hand experience to know I won't enjoy something? No.

I've never personally been in a chemical fire. That doesn't mean I can't weigh in with my opinion on how much it would suck.

So if you have absolutely ZERO INTEREST in a game.

Why come into a forum specifically for that game that you have ZERO interest in and have had NO REAL EXPERIENCE with and just consistently rail against a game that has absolutely no value or influence on you at all.

Also, your analogy is completely bullshit, way to swerve to a completely ignorant comparison.

Try this one, I hate heights, cant stand them.

Im not going to ever go sky-diving, nor do i have any experience in Sky-Diving, so you know what i'd do? Just ignore anything to do with Sky-Diving lol.

Theres some people that im sure LOVE sky-diving and have tried it many times. How can i try to judge them on something ive never experienced lmfao.

Theres nothing wrong with YOU knowing you wont enjoy an experience but what a bit of an ego youve gotta have to try to judge others on their enjoyment and ruin it for them lmfao.

58 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

yeah, it’s not like there was a FREE open public beta to play the crap game. Anyone that bought it after that is somebody already biased in favour of it given how mediocre it plays. Not to mention the trash mission structure and horrible writing that contradicts itself within seconds. You’d have to already be jerking it off in your mind to go, “that’s worth $60 and ignoring the games as a service and per character season passes”. 

TBH, i never played the Free open beta.

I just got the game on release because i was told by friends it was good fun and i like these sorta games.

Gotta say. I dont judge games on Betas regardless.

Since playing the game, i havent seen much 'horrible writing that contradicts itself' (Maybe you could provide examples?)

Nor have i experienced mediocre play from the game. Mission structure is enjoyable for the dungeon-looter genre.

Once again, the game appeals to casual fans and people that like these kinda games.

Its okay not to enjoy something but to try to tell others what they can/cant enjoy based off your mind is crazy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Theres nothing wrong with YOU knowing you wont enjoy an experience but what a bit of an ego youve gotta have to try to judge others on their enjoyment and ruin it for them lmfao.

My intentions were to console OP with light hearted banter because he felt he'd made a hasty purchase towards a sub-par game.

I haven't persecuted anyone or tried to demean their choice to play this game. The broader issue here seems to be people can have discussions with conflicting ideals and some people get irrationally upset and start throwing insults.

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

My intentions were to console OP with light hearted banter because he felt he'd made a hasty purchase towards a sub-par game.

I haven't persecuted anyone or tried to demean their choice to play this game. The broader issue here seems to be people can have discussions with conflicting ideals and some people get irrationally upset and start throwing insults.

I mean, that wasnt like 'YOU' as in yourself, its more of a general you to the people earlier in this thread.

If you havent persecuted or demeaned anyone, great!

Theres people earlier on calling people names, berating people for daring to enjoy this game. 

The fact that my comment provoked a response from you considering apparently you dont care is a bit weird though.

Its fine having contrasting ideals about games if youve played them, i find Avengers fun AF with some glaring issues that will hopefully get fixed.

I have issues like i said before, with the people that have made sure to tell everyone they have NOT played the game but still think its acceptable to berate others for playing the game.

Edited by SpacebarPIays

Just now, SpacebarPIays said:

Theres people earlier on calling people names, berating people for daring to enjoy this game. 

The fact that my comment provoked a response from you considering apparently you dont care is a bit weird though.

I can't speak much for any name calling; I wasn't a part of any of that. Live and let live, right?

Caring is irrelevant when you're bored. I won't look too much into the comments I post while taking a bubble bath. I'm just a simple kinda gal that likes discussing games, even if it's not a game I've played or have enjoyed.

• Like 1